What are your Thoughts/Opinions on Gravity Rush so far ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

What are your thoughts and opinions so far on Gravity Rush ? Are you enjoying it ? Is it everything you hoped it would be ?

Will edit with a very short review on the game, (spoiler free.)

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts
I didn't really enjoy the demo, but still wanted to give the full game a try (wasn't much else to play on it :( ). I'm about an hour in and enjoying it more and more. It looks like it'll turn out to be a decent play.
Carving_a_GSAU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Carving_a_GSAU
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts

I rekon its a amazing!

Of course, thats what id say if I WAS playing it, but my copy is still shrink wrapped. Dont plan on playing it any time soon either. Can't be bothered. But glad I bought it though. Gotta support the vita, know what i mean?

fragile_soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fragile_soul
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts

It is probably the best game on the vita at the moment.

I can compare it to Kid icarus on 3ds in terms of being FRESH,Exciting and New....

its a shame it probably wont sell much and we probably wont see a sequel....

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

I really enjoy it thus far, but it has a really bad camera

scottahuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 scottahuch
Member since 2003 • 1580 Posts

josephl64

Personally I turned the camera sensitivity way down and it was much more manageable for me. It still has issues though.

The game has been pretty great so far, however I don't like the controls for gravity slide at all.

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

Great game.

Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

loving it so far

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

josephl64
For flying around 360 degrees at a hundred mph the camera is excellent.
esgallad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 esgallad
Member since 2012 • 99 Posts
[QUOTE="josephl64"]

k3ck
For flying around 360 degrees at a hundred mph the camera is excellent.

I could imagine people playing this in a public crowd and flinging their Vitas around.
pointguard3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pointguard3
Member since 2012 • 54 Posts

it's awesome but it was hardly marketed so I don't expect it to sell all that well, sadly no vita games have sold well so far, probably uncharted is the best selling so far...

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

I love it.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
7 hours in so far and it's an amazing game, one of my favourite games so far this year.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#14 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I'm enjoying it, but the controls really aren't that great. I'm starting to think it's just a limitation of the analog 'sticks' on the Vita, though, as they're very sensitive due to their short throw. Without the additional gyroscope aiming (that other games like Uncharted have also used) it would be damn near unplayable. It also explains why almost everyone on my friends list has faster times in Motorstorm RC, as they're all playing the PS3 version.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"] I'm starting to think it's just a limitation of the analog 'sticks' on the Vita, though, as they're very sensitive due to their short throw.

I have been saying this since the moment I first laid hands on a Vita. The sticks are far too small, they don't have nearly enough throw, and the placement is just stupid. How could they make the unit that large, with buttons and sticks so small, and still manage to place them in a manner such that you accidentally hit X/d-pad down when pressing the analog sticks up? I honestly would've preferred they use the circle pad design of the 3DS. Or just make a version of the PSP nub that isn't terribad.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

josephl64
Same, the camera gives me some minor problems. Good game so far though.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#17 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I have been saying this since the moment I first laid hands on a Vita. The sticks are far too small, they don't have nearly enough throw, and the placement is just stupid. How could they make the unit that large, with buttons and sticks so small, and still manage to place them in a manner such that you accidentally hit X/d-pad down when pressing the analog sticks up? I honestly would've preferred they use the circle pad design of the 3DS. Or just make a version of the PSP nub that isn't terribad.famicommander
I don't know if it's possible to make a good version of that PSP nub, though...man was it bad. I'd settle for 3DS style circle pads as although they lack the ball joint of the Vita's stick, they have a greater range of motion that allows for some actual precision. Maybe if the Vita's sticks were stiffer it would help. I dunno.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
[QUOTE="famicommander"]I have been saying this since the moment I first laid hands on a Vita. The sticks are far too small, they don't have nearly enough throw, and the placement is just stupid. How could they make the unit that large, with buttons and sticks so small, and still manage to place them in a manner such that you accidentally hit X/d-pad down when pressing the analog sticks up? I honestly would've preferred they use the circle pad design of the 3DS. Or just make a version of the PSP nub that isn't terribad.DJ_Lae
I don't know if it's possible to make a good version of that PSP nub, though...man was it bad. I'd settle for 3DS style circle pads as although they lack the ball joint of the Vita's stick, they have a greater range of motion that allows for some actual precision. Maybe if the Vita's sticks were stiffer it would help. I dunno.

The only solution that would work if you were keeping the pivoting stick design would be to make them protrude farther out of the system, and since they already stick out enough to make the system completely unpocketable I doubt they'd want to push it farther. It's really a terrible design oversight if you ask me. I think Nintendo was probably, at some point, working through this exact problem and that's how they ended up with circle pads in the first place. The clamshell design sort of necessitates it, but it would've worked well on Vita too.
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

I rekon its a amazing!

Of course, thats what id say if I WAS playing it, but my copy is still shrink wrapped. Dont plan on playing it any time soon either. Can't be bothered. But glad I bought it though. Gotta support the vita, know what i mean?

Carving_a_GSAU
no...I buy games to play them...
Carving_a_GSAU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Carving_a_GSAU
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts

[QUOTE="Carving_a_GSAU"]

I rekon its a amazing!

soapman72

no...I buy games to play them...

Yeh, dont worry about it. Its kind of a wierd brand loyalty I have to Sony. I buy everything Sony; sound system, tv, game consoles, headphones, mp3 players, mobile phone, digital camera, home pregnancy test...

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#21 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
About to try the demo right now. :)
r-teest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 r-teest
Member since 2007 • 949 Posts
I'm enjoying it so far. The visual style is great and the second district especially looks cool.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#23 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

It's pretty good, although it can get pretty disorienting at times, especially during combat when you're continuously trying to land attacks and often miss which can lead to frustration.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#24 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
After I tried the demo, I can say I was really impressed. :) I think I will pick it up tomorrow.