what are the most replayable titles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

I'm currently narrowing down a list of games, and due to budgetary limit, i can only get 2 games for now. what i'm looking for are great games with single player contents (strong multiplayer is a plus) that are highly replayable in a meaningful way. I have narrowed down MGS4 and Valkyria Chronicles, and i might get Demon's Soul when the phantom edition hits the shelf. Are these good picks? You're welcome to suggest other titles. all genres are fine, but no FPS and puzzle please. thanks in advance.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
I love Valkyria Chronicles. Replayable or not, it's a must have, imo.
kussese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 kussese
Member since 2008 • 1555 Posts

Oblivion and pretty much any fighter take the cake on replay. You can pour a lot of time into LBP too.

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
I played R&C ACIT a few times after I got platinum. Same goes for R&C TOD. I also spent a ton of time with Ninja Gaiden Sigma and DMC4.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
uncharted 2
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jinroh_basic

still, i would like i spend on to last as long as possible.

I would definitely get FIFA2010, which i think fits my need perfectly, if not for the fact that the World Cup edition is coming soon.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jinroh_basic

Oblivion and pretty much any fighter take the cake on replay. You can pour a lot of time into LBP too.

kussese

I have oblivion on pc, and no puzzle game please.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jinroh_basic

uncharted 2MethodManFTW

i believe uncharted 2 is a fantastic game... but I heard it only lasts around a dozen hours and its replayability is mostly in multiplayer.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MethodManFTW
it lasts about 20 for one play thru, you will want to play it more than once tho. and yeah it has a great multiplayer. if length is all you care about, disgaea 3 is pretty long i think
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

mgs4 has solid multiplayer and singleplayer unlockables to extend playtime in a meaningful way. VC doesnt have much in terms of replay value unless you want to go back and re-experience an excellent campaign that is already long in just 1 playthrough. demons souls in replayable mostly for trying out new character builds, but you could do it for the harder difficulty level if you wanted too. of those, id say that demon's souls has the longest playtime.

also, id add dragon age to the list as well. theres just so much opportunity to go back and play around with new character builds, party set ups, and meaningful story decisions. id say that dragon age has the most playtime of the games ive mentioned.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jinroh_basic

it doesn't have to be obscenely long. by replayble i mean i expect the gameplay to provide meaningful choices and i can ultimately experience the game in different ways. if Uncharted 2 is like that then i'll check it out.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jinroh_basic

mgs4 has solid multiplayer and singleplayer unlockables to extend playtime in a meaningful way. VC doesnt have much in terms of replay value unless you want to go back and re-experience an excellent campaign that is already long in just 1 playthrough. demons souls in replayable mostly for trying out new character builds, but you could do it for the harder difficulty level if you wanted too. of those, id say that demon's souls has the longest playtime.

also, id add dragon age to the list as well. theres just so much opportunity to go back and play around with new character builds, party set ups, and meaningful story decisions. id say that dragon age has the most playtime of the games ive mentioned.

LoG-Sacrament

i have Dragon Age on my pc. sorry, i should mention that i already have most of the biggest western rpg titles.

I would like to know more about how replayable Demon's Souls is, though. by different build i take it that you mean it allows you to create and play as different "classes" of characters, much like what we do in traditional western rpgs? will the gameplay be vastly different in each case?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MethodManFTW

it doesn't have to be obscenely long. by replayble i mean i expect the gameplay to provide meaningful choices and i can ultimately experience the game in different ways. if Uncharted 2 is like that then i'll check it out.

Jinroh_basic
ok, yeah UC2 has no dialog choices... it pretty much plays out as an awesome action movie.. dragon age: origins is really long and has lots of dialog choices
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MethodManFTW
doh nevermind about dragon age :P
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Fallout 3 has gotten the most of it. Even beating out MGS4 I think. MGS4 would be second. I've played the hell outta that game as well lol

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
[QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]

i have Dragon Age on my pc. sorry, i should mention that i already have most of the biggest western rpg titles.

I would like to know more about how replayable Demon's Souls is, though. by different build i take it that you mean it allows you to create and play as different "classes" of characters, much like what we do in traditional western rpgs? will the gameplay be vastly different in each case?

the gameplay will be significantly different in most any class you pick. a good character will be at least a little well rounded, so there will be some overlap in play styles. but really there are classes specializing in blocking/meleeing, magic, bows/crossbows, or countering/dodging/sneak attacks (technically theres a healing class too, but youd neve be able to truly specialize in that. its more of a supporting role). picking either one of those will give you a significantly different experience.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Demon's Souls almost HAS to be played multiple times to get everything out of it. You'll miss most of the actual content in the first playthrough.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#18 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Dead Space

neilkent100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 neilkent100
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
The GTA series I have always found immensely replayable, months nay years after completing the missions, there is always room for some carnage,
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

I think you should get inFamous. it took me about 18 hours to finish but you'll want to play it at least twice cause you can be good or bad.

Assassins creed 1 & 2 are good choices too.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jinroh_basic

Dead Space

Venom_Raptor

i get the feeling that you're joking. own the game and it's nothing like what i'm looking for.

chrisPperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 chrisPperson
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts
I agree with most everything said before, so I'll put something up that's a bit different: Resident Evil 5. Excellent replay factor.
dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts
LittleBIGPlanet will be the best option. I personally played for 6 months straight, and would still be playing if it weren't for Demons Souls (also very long because of PvP). Personally, although MGS4 is replayable, it's so short that 5 replays of it would be about equal to 1-2 of Demons Souls. LBP should really be looked at though. And I'm hurt you said no puzzle games please, LBP is a platformer, not a puzzle game. It has a very, VERY deep creation system, active online with over 2 million levels, 10s of thousands of them are great, and by joining an online LBP forum like LBP Central, you'll have thousands of great levels at your finger tips, along with great tips from brilliant creators and plenty of people to play with. Media Molecule is still supporting LBP, with constant updates, DLC etc keeping it fresh. That's the really awesome thing. The MGS pack for instance. It might seem short at first, but it introduces the paintinator, making boss fights easy to create, and adding loads of new gameplay mechanics, and endless possibilities. I still believe LBP is the best game since Ocarina of Time, and I'd recommend it to any PS3 owner, as a definite must have. It's great value for money. And personally, it's much better than both MGS4 and GOW3, games that have limited value, although great graphics, detail, action and effects, they just aren't innovative or creative in the slightest.
Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts

Multiplayer games (e.g. COD6 and MAG) have ALOT of replayability :P

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dkjestrup

Multiplayer games (e.g. COD6 and MAG) have ALOT of replayability :P

bobbleheadrogue
Only problem is, nobody has had any real innovation in the FPS or TPS genre in ages, I mean, COD4 brought the FPS genre to the present, but the gameplay is still pretty much the same since GoldenEye and Quake.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jinroh_basic

innovation is nice, but it's not among my top criteria for great games. LBP may be phenomenal, but from i found out about it, it's not my cup of tea. for my girlfriend's sake i might get it some day, but not now.

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dkjestrup
Well, I'd definitely recommend Demons Souls as you posted in your OP. Perhaps you'd like MNR later this year? Sports games, Fighting games, or any FPS with decent online will last you a while.
evil_angel74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 evil_angel74
Member since 2007 • 988 Posts

FIFA 10 is a great game if you are into football. It has heaps of replay value too, offline and online.
inFamous is also a really good, replayable game. You can play through as good or bad, each path feeling slightly but still noticeably different.
Fallout 3 seems to fit your bill perfectly. You can replay it heaps and you can perform different, meaningful choices each playthrough that change up your game.
GTA IV is also a good replayable game, some choices concerning morals and the like but not overly meaningful. Still worth replaying though. Or just mucking around.

jands42107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jands42107
Member since 2010 • 168 Posts
I can't believe only one person mentioned Little Big Planet. The replay of that game is infinite. Easily trumps all others. Whether you actually like it is obviously up to you.
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Just Cause 2

I'm 70 hours in and I've only completed 51% of the game. That plus uploading cool stunts videos on YouTube never gets old.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
Both of those are great picks. I think the uncharted series is also very replayable. I also enjoy replaying Batman AA and inFAMOUS as well.
romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts

Assassins Creed 2 you might find it cheap nowadays and it's very long, if you intend to platinum it, else it's a 10 hours marathon or so. If you like sandbox games, you can't go wrong with ACII.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Demon's Souls, as it encourages you to play through again with it's NG+ that's pretty much infinite.

Valkyria Chronciles, because it's that fun.

Dragon Age: Origins, since there's a lot of different choices you can make that change a lot of the content as you proceed through the game. Plus it has trophies that encourage several completions.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Denji

Just Cause 2

I'm 70 hours in and I've only completed 51% of the game. That plus uploading cool stunts videos on YouTube never gets old.

QuebecSuperstar

:lol: I thought "replay" meant after you've finished the game?

I'm playing JC2 myself (52hrs and 38%). But I'm not "replaying it". This is the first playthrough...

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Denji

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

Dead Space

Jinroh_basic

i get the feeling that you're joking. own the game and it's nothing like what i'm looking for.

Ah, you're identical twins? That's pretty cool how you can do that!:lol:

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Denji

Oh I get it. It's one of those "we should think for you, guess what you like" threads. See, I thought this was a thread about asking fellow members what games they replay the most. But I see it's your sorry attempt to be "clever" because you're too lazy to do something yourself.

grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

Grand Theft Auto 4 I bought it on launch completd it and messed around loads in it and Ive been playing through it again for ages its an amazing game, best gangstar sim ever, in my opinion also one of the best games ever for me.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Grand Theft Auto 4 I bought it on launch completd it and messed around loads in it and Ive been playing through it again for ages its an amazing game, best gangstar sim ever, in my opinion also one of the best games ever for me.

grizzlybear1

See, I thought GTA IV was their worst in the series, and that's including the original two on the PS1. The power of opinion.

grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

Yes a lot of people didnt like GTA4. Not sure why maybe they never really got into it.

But it certanley is an incredible game one of the highest scoring games ever and cetanley one of the best games to date in my opinion.

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

killzone 2, gta4, uncharted 2, heavy rain

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

[QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

Just Cause 2

Denji

:lol: I thought "replay" meant after you've finished the game?

I'm playing JC2 myself (52hrs and 38%). But I'm not "replaying it". This is the first playthrough...

Well, it depends how you look at it. When I play a sandbox game, I consider the work done when the last story mission is over. The rest is "replayability", at least for me it is.

Fantasticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fantasticus
Member since 2009 • 666 Posts
Resident Evil 5
x-l2eLeNtLeSs-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 x-l2eLeNtLeSs-
Member since 2009 • 458 Posts

R&C ACiT

CravenMenthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 CravenMenthol
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts
Dragon Age. You get different rewards for different classes!
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jinroh_basic

Oh I get it. It's one of those "we should think for you, guess what you like" threads. See, I thought this was a thread about asking fellow members what games they replay the most. But I see it's your sorry attempt to be "clever" because you're too lazy to do something yourself.

Denji

no idea what you're talking about. i stated clearly what i want and what i'm looking for in my first post. you have to be "not very clever" to think that this is "about asking fellow members what games they replay the most". try harder next time.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jinroh_basic

thanks for the recommendation so far. Just Cause 2 and GTA4 seem pretty great too. I just wish Rockstar would release the Liberty City episodes with the core game in a bundle....

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

I though do not no actually. I think since their is no ps2 fourms anymore. FFX.