Westinghouse 37" LCD 1080P HDTV Monitor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Youngins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Youngins
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts

This thing is SOOO cheap... but is it good... I need help quick before the offer goes through... has anyone seen it first hand or just by looking at the information at this site link... thx! 

Harryhit4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Harryhit4
Member since 2007 • 230 Posts
Yeah, it IS cheap, but I think there is a reason behind that. No idea what it is, though.
Dave_NBF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dave_NBF
Member since 2005 • 1974 Posts
Best bang for your buck 1080p monitor out there IMO. its got nothing but great reviews.
Youngins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Youngins
Member since 2005 • 272 Posts
Looking to get it... I wanted to know if it works good with the ps3...
Trigun1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Trigun1
Member since 2003 • 793 Posts
It is a great monitor for that price. However in 2006 there was blinking issues with the screen due to the Ps3 using HDMI 1.3 and the 2006 monitors not having the right HDCP key. From what i heard if the monitor was made in 2007, then it will be perfect and even if it was made last year it only needs a firmware update from a westinghouse dealer. I say go for it.
opi-14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 opi-14
Member since 2003 • 516 Posts
How much price?
MorisUkunRasik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MorisUkunRasik
Member since 2006 • 1511 Posts
I might pick that thing up
NERDep3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NERDep3
Member since 2005 • 132 Posts
i have that tv. its pretty nice. i love it. and i got it for $800. best bang for its buck. like they said. but the thing with the popping, it went away after the latest update. so now, its all good.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts

2 questions

How good does this tv look against a samsung or sony 1080p?

WHat do you mean by westing firmware update?  Like send the tv to them to update it or what?  How do u give a tv an update?

Simsdawgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Simsdawgy
Member since 2003 • 307 Posts

2 questions

WHat do you mean by westing firmware update? Like send the tv to them to update it or what? How do u give a tv an update?

caseypayne69

I own the tv and have 360 and ps3.

1. Better than samsung 1080p monitors imo, not better the sony's, but sonys are also 3000 dollars

2. the new firmware update to the ps3 fixed the problem with the blinking and this set, i guess alot of owners of this tv complained to sony and the put a fix into their firmware update, hasnt blinked since that last update.  

This tv is great for the price, got it a year ago for 1300, my elite and ps3 look great in 1080p as well as blu ray movies look great, this is the best 1080p tv for the price, but if i had 3000 i would go with the sony 1080p xbr3 i think its called, that tv is amazing. 

andrewwg94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 andrewwg94
Member since 2006 • 1107 Posts
i have a westinghouse microwave for sometime, and it's TERRIBLE. i definetly won't buy a westinghousse TV. sony probably makes THE best tv's. (or samsung).
judge__judy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 judge__judy
Member since 2005 • 2129 Posts
The specs look decent, but trust me you don't really need a 1080p tv at 37" unless you sit really close to it.
IQT786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IQT786
Member since 2005 • 2604 Posts
nt buy this i had this in my lounge its not native 1080p the native resolution on that set is 1024x768 not even 720p it accepts 1080p and downscales itplus from the sides it looks washed out
mikeslemonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mikeslemonade
Member since 2006 • 3624 Posts
[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]

2 questions

WHat do you mean by westing firmware update? Like send the tv to them to update it or what? How do u give a tv an update?

Simsdawgy

1. Better than samsung 1080p monitors imo, not better the sony's, but sonys are also 3000 dollars

2. the new firmware update to the ps3 fixed the problem with the blinking and this set, i guess alot of owners of this tv complained to sony and the put a fix into their firmware update, hasnt blinked since that last update.

This tv is great for the price, got it a year ago for 1300, my elite and ps3 look great in 1080p as well as blu ray movies look great, this is the best 1080p tv for the price, but if i had 3000 i would go with the sony 1080p xbr3 i think its called, that tv is amazing.

Samsung, Sony, and Sharp are the best.   

Mega_Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mega_Mustaine
Member since 2005 • 674 Posts
I have an LG 42 inch 720p TV. Got it for 1200. LCD TV, fabulous deal. They are like 1700 normally.
Dave_NBF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dave_NBF
Member since 2005 • 1974 Posts

i have a westinghouse microwave for sometime, and it's TERRIBLE. i definetly won't buy a westinghousse TV. sony probably makes THE best tv's. (or samsung).andrewwg94

Thats like saying I had a sony walkman and hated it. i could never buy a Sony TV.  They are relatively mutually exclusive products with different product teams and R and D that share the Sony/Westinghouse name.  The bottom line is the westy is hawt for its price/performance ratio and I don't even have the TV.

endocryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 endocryn
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts

[QUOTE="andrewwg94"]i have a westinghouse microwave for sometime, and it's TERRIBLE. i definetly won't buy a westinghousse TV. sony probably makes THE best tv's. (or samsung).Dave_NBF

Thats like saying I had a sony walkman and hated it. i could never buy a Sony TV. They are relatively mutually exclusive products with different product teams and R and D that share the Sony/Westinghouse name. The bottom line is the westy is hawt for its price/performance ratio and I don't even have the TV.

.....back to the point of his qoute basing his experience with the poor performance of the westing house microwave, he will not by a westing house T.V due to the fact that, the company can not make a microwave correctly then how can they make a more complex piece of electronics i.e HDTV. I fthe compnay can't hire capable people to make microwaves, how can they hire people to make HDTVs

Trigun1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Trigun1
Member since 2003 • 793 Posts
They also help make nuclear power plants. So I think they can make an HDTV. I would get imo.
Bigfoot_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bigfoot_Slayer
Member since 2003 • 211 Posts

Well it also depends on how this toaster is "Terrible"... If a toaster costs $5 and isn't very good compared to a $30, then that is a good comparison. He said nothing of why it was terrible, if it was cheaper then others, or not. All electronic devices have crappier, lower end models. I know for a fact Westinghouse makes TV's that are lower end, and crappy aswell... But what do you expect when you pay $50 for a tv?

It's all about quality for the price, not quality period. You cannot expect a TV to be better at $800 then a TV at $4000... Same with you cannot expect a $20 toaster to be better then a $70 toaster.

There is a reason why there is a price difference.

Now, lets just say the toaster was comparibly priced with higher end toasters, and it sucked compared to them... Okay... But remember... The point is not that the toaster is less complex and doesnt work well... so therefor westinghouse cannot make a good tv.

The point is, they made a bad toaster... And maybe they have learned from that experience and made a better one over time?

Like he said, he's had the same toaster for awhile....

My god... We are actually debating over a toaster.... :P

[QUOTE="Dave_NBF"]

[QUOTE="andrewwg94"]i have a westinghouse microwave for sometime, and it's TERRIBLE. i definetly won't buy a westinghousse TV. sony probably makes THE best tv's. (or samsung).endocryn

Thats like saying I had a sony walkman and hated it. i could never buy a Sony TV. They are relatively mutually exclusive products with different product teams and R and D that share the Sony/Westinghouse name. The bottom line is the westy is hawt for its price/performance ratio and I don't even have the TV.

.....back to the point of his qoute basing his experience with the poor performance of the westing house microwave, he will not by a westing house T.V due to the fact that, the company can not make a microwave correctly then how can they make a more complex piece of electronics i.e HDTV. I fthe compnay can't hire capable people to make microwaves, how can they hire people to make HDTVs

istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
im interested, but not sure if its true hd.. and will look as great as the ps3 should
IQT786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IQT786
Member since 2005 • 2604 Posts
THIS TV IS NOT EVEN 720P NATIVE
arcSE7EN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 1

#22 arcSE7EN
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts
tnx for the heads up, i might try considering this one.tnx again.
upay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 upay
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts

ok isten up if u buy the 1080p westiinghouse it not worth it because if u get a 720p tv it will look the same u have to have a 46inch or high to c true full 1080p but that a nice price but the ps3 is going to out put at 1080p but it only 720p well that how it going to look if u want more info pm me or ask me on psn

LOOK AT MY SIG

creekfan_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 creekfan_basic
Member since 2002 • 2539 Posts

THIS TV IS NOT EVEN 720P NATIVE IQT786

You are correct since its 1080p native.

For the price that is a great deal on a decent TV just as long as the sync issue with those and the ps3 has been fixed

SirNicoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SirNicoli
Member since 2005 • 345 Posts
so what the hell, is this 1080p or not? im really interested in this now
bizzy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bizzy420
Member since 2005 • 2730 Posts
[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]

2 questions

Simsdawgy

sorry but i have to disagree.  the westinghouse is a good deal for the price, but it does a poor job on dark scenes, i mean c'mon, the brightness ratio is 550.  thats a joke! i wouldnt say its better than a samsung, but like i said, its a ok price, for an ok monitor.

i work for an A/V company and most ppl that get the westinghouse models usually return them do to the poor ratios.  most people that buy the syntax olevia brand ( another low priced set) they usually are very happy with those. i think the ratios on the olevia's are better, and around the same price.  the only thing is they are not 1080p, but again, the at 37 inches 1080p isn't that great unless u want to sit 3 feet away from your tv.