Were these changes on Persona 4 golden? (contains very very minor spoiler)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

I didn't play much of Persona 4 when I got it back in the summer last year because I left to go teach abroad (I finished Yukikos castle and got a little bit further) but I got Persona 4 golden for christmas and it seems like the battle music has changed a bit. When I was playing the ps2 version I could have sworn I always heard reach of truth except for boss battles. In golden though I only hear that when I attack a shadow from behind and so I get the advantage. Every other time I hear I'll face myself. One thing I notice though is Yosuke is always attacking first if I do not hit the shadow first so I don't know if the music maybe changes due to which character is attacking first?

Another thing is Every time a battle ends I cannot choose randomly because I am able to see all the cards. The bottom of the screen always says one try left but it has been like that since the begining of the game.

Finally I remember on the ps2 version when I got to the floor where you fight shadow Yukiko a save point was added to the floor so I could teleport there and back from outside the dungeon, but in golden all I can do is teleport to that floor when I enter the dungeon. Although this may be due to difficulty since was playing easy on ps2 but normal on golden. I would check the ps2 version myself but I am currently in a different country.Were these

Fear-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fear-
Member since 2012 • 499 Posts
They changed the battle song and thank god I already put 70+ hours into the game on PS2 and that song got repetitive so they added that new song. There is a new card game now, you don't randomly choose, you can pick which card you want, if you can removed all the cards you'll get a bonus and it will say 3 turns left so you have 3 chances to pick your card, once you advance in the game you'll get different cards. The game is a lot easier on the vita version, once you die you can choose to restart on the floor you died removing the need for that save point, as you can turn the vita on sleep mode if your finished playing. Theres many more changes like the Marie S.Link and extra events but I'll let you find out the rest.
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 toddx77

Is there anyway to get reach of truth to play for every battle as I prefer that song.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#4 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Is there anyway to get reach of truth to play for every battle as I prefer that song.

toddx77

I think it plays if you get a preemptive strike.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 toddx77

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

Lucky_Krystal

Yes, but is there any way to make it the default battle theme like in the ps2 version?

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#6 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

toddx77

Yes, but is there any way to make it the default battle theme like in the ps2 version?

I don't think so. The only way to hear it continuously is to shoot for a preemptive strike every time.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 toddx77

[QUOTE="toddx77"]

[QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

Lucky_Krystal

I don't think so. The only way to hear it continuously is to shoot for a preemptive strike every time.

Thats what I have been doing, guess I will have to keep doing it lol.