Well That Was A Disappointing Wait WD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Finally WatchDogs was released after months and months of delays, got my copy Tuesday and finally played it last night for a good 6 hours, after reading the reviews I was a little shocked at how high the review scores were esp so much of the reviews slated alot of things in the game.

I finally started playing the game and wow how rubbish is this game?? I don't know if it's just me or if people are just brushing away the elephant in the room and just giving Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt or what but what have they been doing??

Lets start with the handling of the character, there just doesn't seem to be any flow to movement, I feel like I'm controlling a character out of heavy rain it's so clunky, the way you cover is so unintelligent and so beginning of the PS3 era, the shooting is so off, running just feels horrible, free running lets not go there, esp when their other team have perfected this gameplay in AC, the take down just feels tacked on.

Driving mechanics is thee worst I have ever ever ever had to deal with, mario kart 1 felt better than this, PS2 open world games had better car mechanics than this game, I am willing to go as far as saying this is a game breaker, every car feels the same to drive, clunky, roads seem way to tight for the driving, the hacking is very interesting but way it's a head rush when trying to drive, go into cockpit view and it's basically like you aren't in a car, it's the only way i can drive in this game and i'm not even lying when I say I seem to be able to dodge thru to cars even when it is an impossibility.

The AI is absolutely atrocious, so stupid, seem's to know exactly where you are most of the time, once there onto you, they can seek you out straight away even if you change hiding places, it feels that way anyway.

forget the story it feels meh, I'm not feeling the character or the story, I'm not engaged and I really feel like the game is just not pulling me in at all.

How is everyone else's views on the game, I will keep playing and complete it and i hope it all just clicks for me, but I honestly cannot get passed how outdated this game really is mechanics wise looking beyond the hacking itself.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

Sounds like the game isn't for you, maybe try Wolfenstein instead.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

It makes you wonder why the developers held off for 6 months on the release for this game? Could you imagine how bad the "unpolished" version would've been at launch?

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

A bit slow on the take are we? When the Watch Dogs team saw what the AC4 team did with their game they delayed it, Clue 1. The protagonist is dull and uninteresting? It's a Ubisoft game, Clue 2. Provided you didn't go into a media blackout, all the videos that have been released in the past year should have been Clue 3 as to what this game had to offer. Look, did we get overexcited when it first debuted 2 E3s ago, sure. For a good time now we've known what this game is and it's unfortunate for you that you didn't see disappointment coming.

I'm going to wait until I'm done with the game to give an opinion on it. Sorry you're not happy (shrug).

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Really? Is it really that bad?

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

@SoAmazingBaby said:

Really? Is it really that bad?

I'm having fun with it . . .

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@bezza2011: Bezza i had some questions for you on my post about the game. You answered the fact you are keeping the game but it seems like its because you invested your heart into liking the game. I respect your opinion about games and you confirm to me why I am glad I decided to rent the game. I just can't give ubisoft my hard earn money knowing they bamboozled us with hype and advertising. What the hell were they doing with this game for a extra 6 months.

I believe most people read about all the bad news with the graphics dumb down from 2012 e3 and the resolution not 1080p and ubisoft constantly trying to justify why they delayed the game. I believe it was all financial to not conflict with the release of their flagship game AC BLACK FLAG. I also believe if this game came out this Oct when a lot of AAA games are releasing it wouldn't have sold so well on release day. I believe their will be a lot of returns of this game. I think even the good user review scores are people who very badly want to love this game since they waited so long for it. Even you Bezz, prove that you really don't like it but willing to stick it out and try to enjoy it.

Great games we should instantly fall in love with it. It shouldn't grow on you like a fat woman you marry and you like thin attractive women but she has money and can give great head.

I just want to be the one who invested the time prior to purchasing this crap not to give them my money. Ubisoft is going to get a lot money for this game just sheerly on the lack of AAA games out and they knew this. I wish this game will fail to teach companies not to screw with their consumers. They should have been forthright from day one the 2012 was a high end PC version and showed the difference between PS4 trailers with the PC version etc. Lets not mention how bad you guys claim the car mechanics are. Its just way too many people complained about the driving mechanics and even other aspects of the game for it not to be true. I wanted this game really bad but I am proud of myself for holding out and seeing the user reviews after the hype machine settled from game site reviews and nonstop tv and website ads for the last few months.

When I rent it I will post my review and if its a great game to me then i will swallow my pride and admit it.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Rented it, played about 8 hours of it, and realized I'm glad I rented it. It's basically Grand Theft Auto with hacking. Do a few missions, get bored, start running around doing stuff, get bored, steal some cars, cause mayhem, get bored....never touch it again. My opinion of course.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

It was a Ubisoft game, so I didn't buy it. I'll get it cheap for $20, if ever.

I only like Ancel's games.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Had a feeling it was way overhyped and would end up being a disappointment, glad I went with my gut a never bought it.

Losing faith in Ubi of late.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I always knew it was trash.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

I have seen the cars and I could see the story being disappointing, but there is no way in hell that the game actually play as people are letting on.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bezza2011

@ewalthour: Some people will find it great I think many of these people will brush aside the badly handled mechanics and the god awful AI because they've wanted the game so bad, and the hacking side to it, is an intriguing one and people will like it, for me the bad driving mechanics and the really bad AI and mindless people walking round just put me off from the get go, that I just couldn't find myself investing much time, now are you going to enjoy the game maybe, I may just be overly critical of it because I've had it on pre order since the beginning, but then again when you play games with great mechanics which work like PS3 GTA 5 and even the new AC4 the fluidness just doesn't come across in this game for me.

then again 2 friends who have xbox one's have no word of a lie sold them already because they found it that bad.

@cooolio: I honestly cannot believe no one has even mentioned the cars, they look so bad, they look about on par with need for speed underground car models, there so square and look like they've been squashed lol and don't get me started on how it looks in the day time, GTA4 had better textures, graphics aren't everything but you expect a level of quality going into the next gen esp when you get games like the last of us and GTA5 and beyound2souls looking as good as they do

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#15 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@bezza2011: lol... Either you're not playing the same game i am or your expectations are sky high. Saying that the game handles like Mario Kart 1 just showed that...

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

@bezza2011: What?! Hold on... this game is far from rubbish, and although I want to love the game more, I still think it deserves an 8!

Now, this is where we start the "war of opinions", but you asked for it so here it is:

-I, for one, like the movement of the character; not only does I master his control, but I also find his gait or strut very immersive and "cool". I like the fact that Aiden acts so incognito amongst the crowd. This makes me feel powerful and mischivious! I feel his movement is very natural and suave- I like it very much! I also feel the "free running" is very intuativ and great, actually. The only thing I am missing is a jump key when no vaultable structure is available. I have no problem with the cover-mechanics. It's easy, flawless, and natural.Rounding corners is a breeze, swapping cover is also easy-peasy! I don't get your "frustration". From the Ps2'era?! "if it isn't broken....don't fix it". I guess we totally disagree on this one.

-Driving mechanics; I've never been a good judge of this because, I don't know enough about cars and handling, and we can't use movies as referance! What do we want? Realistic movement? If so, then I approve of Watch Dogs driving mechanics! The faster you go, the harder turning becomes, which is true in real life. The faster a car goes, the less "grip" a turn will produce. You'll have to drive intellectually, like braking for corners, don't brake-and-stear and so on... I've actually found my self looking for a specific car actually, because I like how that car handles. Muscle cars are a mess, so I usually find myself driving one of those bigger, luxuary cars...don't know the name of it. Or those smaller, sporty ones that resemble Mitsubishi Lancer (?). I enjoy the driving as every turn makes me feel the weight of the cars. The only thing I hate is teh sounds of the cars... come on! The Dirt bike sounds like a ...well, it sounds horrible. *Sigh* I can't understand where all this hate comes from?

The AI isn't the best, I'll agree, but It'll do...it is better than most games, e.g. AC. It does suffer from the typical "cooldown" period that most stealth games utilize. One: get spotted, two: enemies search for you for a period of time, three; search is over and enemies return to their post claiming that "He's gone", or "he's out of here". Now if I were a henchman, I would comb every nook and corner of the place until I found this dude. This is something games implement to give us a chance, I believe. If all stealth games were super-realistic, then we'd all be f*cked. Come on! If you're spotted, you're spotted... no eye-sign that is slowly opening or bar that is slowly filling up! If you spot a dude stealthily running from cover to cover, you don't "kind of" spot him...you spot him! THAT'S IT!

I've heard some other guys complaining about the stealth-part of the game. This, to me, seems like bulls*it! The stealth mechanics work great! Enemies have short line-of-sight, but again: this is to make the game playable.

You're next claim is untrue, my friend. Enemies will keep firing and chucking grenades at your last known position. Dude, this is true, so don't argue :p Many times during Gang Hideouts I've been spotted and crawled away from the attention. This works great as enemies crowd towards my last known position and throw grenades and stuff over there. This gives me the option to slip away. They do seem to be more "alert" at this state, so you CAN be spotted when running or crawling away...just be careful.

Now, I will admit, this is not a 9 rating of a game, but it so obviosuly deserve that 8. Mate, the game is not rubbish. That is a blatent lie...

I will admit that I am somewhat disappointed with certain aspects of the game, most of 'em being graphical, but the game is far from "rubbish", come on! By saying that this game is rubbish you are placing this game with games that are rated below 4... do you honestly feel this game deserves a rating below 4?! Or are you just so filled with disappointment that you decide to trash the game? Many of the guys that read this will absorb and adopt this feeling towards the game as their own. Don't be that guy... this is a great game..

The story is so-and-so, I'll admit. Aiden sometimes strikes me as "that weird uncle that everybody air-brushes out of the family photos", lol.

My girlfriend said to me, when I asked for her opinion about the graphics; "Well...it's no "The Last of Us". That made me lol!

Please feel free to further address the problems you mention in your original post.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bezza2011

@The_Last_Ride said:

@bezza2011: lol... Either you're not playing the same game i am or your expectations are sky high. Saying that the game handles like Mario Kart 1 just showed that...

I'm not the only one who says the driving is bad. an opinion is an opinion, I get people can get used to things or find it not bad and what not but for me I just can't seem to get used to it.

@_Judas_ said:

@bezza2011: What?! Hold on... this game is far from rubbish, and although I want to love the game more, I still think it deserves an 8!

Now, this is where we start the "war of opinions", but you asked for it so here it is:

• Don't say it's a war, it's called an opinion yours are right mine are right it's how we see the game, I said at the end I'd defaintly keep on playing and I hope it clicks for me, and I asked for peoples views, I just think we rate things to highly now when it isn't deserved, why shouldn't a game be marked down for certain things, we as gamers and the critics just don't seem to use the whole spectrum of the numbers it's out of 10 not good games start at 8 and above 6 is meant to be above average with all the silly little niggles and graphics and silly AI I rate this game a 6, but like i said i'll keep playing and try.

-I, for one, like the movement of the character; not only does I master his control, but I also find his gait or strut very immersive and "cool". I like the fact that Aiden acts so incognito amongst the crowd. This makes me feel powerful and mischivious! I feel his movement is very natural and suave- I like it very much! I also feel the "free running" is very intuativ and great, actually. The only thing I am missing is a jump key when no vaultable structure is available. I have no problem with the cover-mechanics. It's easy, flawless, and natural.Rounding corners is a breeze, swapping cover is also easy-peasy! I don't get your "frustration". From the Ps2'era?! "if it isn't broken....don't fix it". I guess we totally disagree on this one.

• I find the character to be ok the free running is alright I guess but it isn't on the level of how easy it is to move around in AC but I can get passed that, I hate the cover system, I hate it I hate it I hate, I meam sometimes he gets stuck to the wall because the cover system is more like a point and click type system when your trying to reach cover quickly slightly behind you to an angle it's hard to sort out, alot of the time I missed it and hit cover in line of sight and it just felt fustrating.

-Driving mechanics; I've never been a good judge of this because, I don't know enough about cars and handling, and we can't use movies as referance! What do we want? Realistic movement? If so, then I approve of Watch Dogs driving mechanics! The faster you go, the harder turning becomes, which is true in real life. The faster a car goes, the less "grip" a turn will produce. You'll have to drive intellectually, like braking for corners, don't brake-and-stear and so on... I've actually found my self looking for a specific car actually, because I like how that car handles. Muscle cars are a mess, so I usually find myself driving one of those bigger, luxuary cars...don't know the name of it. Or those smaller, sporty ones that resemble Mitsubishi Lancer (?). I enjoy the driving as every turn makes me feel the weight of the cars. The only thing I hate is teh sounds of the cars... come on! The Dirt bike sounds like a ...well, it sounds horrible. *Sigh* I can't understand where all this hate comes from?

• I get what your saying and completely understand some people will just take to it, but for me I just feel it isn't much fun driving I find small twitches on my analog stick causes huge turns and I end up smashing everything, maybe it is the way I'm trying to play I'll admit that, but coming from say GTA5 driving for me was so much more and easy, and WatchDogs for me is hardwork and I don't want that out of a game.

The AI isn't the best, I'll agree, but It'll do...it is better than most games, e.g. AC. It does suffer from the typical "cooldown" period that most stealth games utilize. One: get spotted, two: enemies search for you for a period of time, three; search is over and enemies return to their post claiming that "He's gone", or "he's out of here". Now if I were a henchman, I would comb every nook and corner of the place until I found this dude. This is something games implement to give us a chance, I believe. If all stealth games were super-realistic, then we'd all be f*cked. Come on! If you're spotted, you're spotted... no eye-sign that is slowly opening or bar that is slowly filling up! If you spot a dude stealthily running from cover to cover, you don't "kind of" spot him...you spot him! THAT'S IT!

• Why should it do??? were moving on from the PS3 we should be aiming for a better AI not a worse AI, like I said when you see 2 cop cars searching for you and manage to bump into every other AI driver on the road you start to think hmmmm the fundamentals aren't right here, I expect better, and anything is better than the AI in AC lol

I've heard some other guys complaining about the stealth-part of the game. This, to me, seems like bulls*it! The stealth mechanics work great! Enemies have short line-of-sight, but again: this is to make the game playable.

You're next claim is untrue, my friend. Enemies will keep firing and chucking grenades at your last known position. Dude, this is true, so don't argue :p Many times during Gang Hideouts I've been spotted and crawled away from the attention. This works great as enemies crowd towards my last known position and throw grenades and stuff over there. This gives me the option to slip away. They do seem to be more "alert" at this state, so you CAN be spotted when running or crawling away...just be careful.

• Like I say it's just my opinion on how I feel about the game, I've not got to far into it and I'll give it another go, or a few goes, I have a whole week at work with it so I'll plod on, I just want an AI which is more human than routine.

Now, I will admit, this is not a 9 rating of a game, but it so obviosuly deserve that 8. Mate, the game is not rubbish. That is a blatent lie...

• 6/10 for me, Hacking is amazing once you get your head around everything but of course hacking is basically one button, and there are loads of things to do on the side, graphics are terrible this game should of stuck with nighttime and raining, it should of never made it to sunlight lol, car models are awful, AI is shocking at times. but of course I still need to carry on and keep trying. But this is probably the first game I was really looking forward to and then I played it and didn't like it.

I will admit that I am somewhat disappointed with certain aspects of the game, most of 'em being graphical, but the game is far from "rubbish", come on! By saying that this game is rubbish you are placing this game with games that are rated below 4... do you honestly feel this game deserves a rating below 4?! Or are you just so filled with disappointment that you decide to trash the game? Many of the guys that read this will absorb and adopt this feeling towards the game as their own. Don't be that guy... this is a great game..

• I just don't think we should settle for it'll do, I want to play games which progress, not games what have AI from yesteryear.
  • Ok Ok the game in itself is ok and can be fun, but overall it's just an OK game not worthy of the AAA title it advertises, maybe they will get it right in 2 lol.

The story is so-and-so, I'll admit. Aiden sometimes strikes me as "that weird uncle that everybody air-brushes out of the family photos", lol.

• Hahahahaha I know right, it's just a strange story, maybe I'll get more of an insight of it, but it's like right your niece died because of you and 11months on you've become the greatest hacker the world has ever known with just a cellphone, I mean it may be that the story just hasn't gripped me and maybe that's what I need, who knows but I won't give up on it, I'll keep going

My girlfriend said to me, when I asked for her opinion about the graphics; "Well...it's no "The Last of Us". That made me lol!

• lol I know if we talk on just a graphical game, it's what about 4 years graphics wise into the PS3, it ain't anything special it remains me of Saints Row 2 esp the cars anyway, daylight really doesn't help the game.

Please feel free to further address the problems you mention in your original post.

• Thankyou for your views and I'll take them into thought while trying to wrestle with this game.

I hope your ok reading it the way I've wrote it on/over yours, it was just so I could keep reading lol

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ewalthour

6/10 damn that is a low score. From the ps4 videos and all the comparison videos to xbox one and PC I thought ps4 look the best. That's not good if watch dog doesn't even look like a decent next gen game. The ps3 version looks horrible and gamers are getting screwed royally. The last of us and GTA 5 look very close to next gen games.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

A lot of mixed opinions lol

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@bezza2011: It might not be great driving, but GTA V nor Saints Row has fantastic driving... Comparing it to Mario Kart 1 is stupid. Also saying the character handles like Heavy Rain also shows that

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@bezza2011: It might not be great driving, but GTA V nor Saints Row has fantastic driving... Comparing it to Mario Kart 1 is stupid. Also saying the character handles like Heavy Rain also shows that

The driving reminds me a lot of Saints Row driving. Which is weird because it doesn't match the "hyper-realistic" tone of the rest of the game, but still, the driving is fine. Not great, but fine.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Ubisoft makes terrible games IMO. Ive only liked the Rayman series.

However, I am looking forward to The Division. That game looks amazing.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bezza2011

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yes you have to go around calling someones opinion stupid, the game is flawed the driving is clunky for me, like mario kart 1 pressing 1 way made the car slant diagonally to turn the corner until you did a slide a great mechanic back then, I feel the same way in a car in watchdogs the slightest touch swings me right round to a 90' turn and every corner pretty much needs a handbrake turn i feel the roads are to small for the type of driving mechanics they have laid out, but like someone said tho I have to drive like i would in real life have press slow round corners, that all well and good but i just wanna have fun not wrestle with the car just to get from point A to point B, and the character movement isn't great in my eyes, it isn't fluid like AC4 in movement, and the driving in GTA5 is fun, driving in WatchDogs is a chore, that's not what i want from a game, my opinion may not reflect how you see the game, but I ain't judging,

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

This game is more of a stealth game than AC...sad isn't it...

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@porkchopxp said:

I'm having fun with it . . .

This is the most important part. I am having fun with it and that is all that matters.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

Not trying to offend any particular person. I've read a lot of comments and forum posts in various parts of the web, and discussed the game extensively with friends. So I'm going to make a general statement, based on some things I've noticed from many places.

I just want to say, it seems to me like the biggest problem with Watch Dogs is not so much a problem with the game itself, but rather a problem with the expectations that some gamers had. Or rather, how Watch Dogs doesn't match up with the fantasy version of the game that people were playing in their imaginations long before the actual game launched. That isn't to say there aren't problems with Watch Dogs. There are. It's not perfect. But show me a game of similar size and ambition that is.

Now, again I'm generalizing here, it looks like some people are unhappy that the game is 'great'. Not 'ball-sweatingly earth-shatteringly amazing". Just "great". And that sucks...

...What?

If you go into anything, be it a game, movie, book, job, relationship, meeting, etc, having already put that thing on some kind of pedestal, expecting that it's going to blow your mind and change your life forever; you're basically asking to be disappointed. And because you've gone into it being so expectant of it, now you're looking for anything to dislike about it, and the most minor of complaints suddenly stick out like sore thumbs, because we find out that thing we invested so much anticipation in, is not as perfect as we imagined.

Food for thought.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ewalthour

I really don't think it's our high expectations alone that determine our dislike for this game. You can read my post for a more detail review. I thought the driving wasn't a big deal to control the car. I thought the ai of the cops are a flaw.

Yea we had in our imagination this game would be great but that was long ago before hearing about the debacle of the e3 2012 trailer. A friend of mine read a article that talked about how a pc ultra boosted and cascaded to 2 graphic cards were used to make that trailer. As you know now not even a ultra boosted pc now can look like e3 2012 trailer that not any average person has at their home. As we seen that the PC version mostly doesn't look or play as well as the ps4. Why were we told this trailer was a PC suped up on steroids?

There ate many factors determining the game perception. But once I players the game myself I didn't enjoy it. If I overlooked the bad daytime graphics and generic hacking abilitie s but the game had a fun factor then I would admit it. So far out of almost 3 hrs playing the missions are mundane and not one time have I had a wow that was exhilarating. This game has some similarities to GTa seriies so of course people will compare it and gta 5 has so many great design choices in regular missions not too mention great side quests. The people in gta may not have alll the nuisances that watch dog has like folding arms while cold in the rain but to me the city felt more alive. The fact you could fight someone was enough to be more of a submersible gameplay experience.

l plan to pay more of the game to see if I have epiphany but I seriously doubt it. I know I am not the only one who feels this way. Have you wondered that some people's imagination refuse to believe this game isn't top notch because they so badly want it to be great since they wanted it so long? Instead of accepting reality that the game is a major disappointment?

The game will makes its money but if major competition was around the same time of its release I think people would have taken the eyesalve away and really see the game for what it is a poor knock off of all the good to great open world games borrowing everything it could and calling itself a new ip.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I've actually been enjoying the hell out of it. I was expecting to be able to Traverse the world similarly to assassins Creed, hopefully they work that out in the sequel

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

@bezza2011: I'm glad you took the time to read my long response.

I am having a great time playing this game, and I often get a bit defensive when I see people "bashing" it. I wrote a long bit of comment that I thought about posting on Danny's video on why Watch Dogs wasn't as good as some other titles. In the end, I deleted it because I know most of GameSpot's commentors will rush to Danny's aid.

Anyway...

I am having fun with the game, and I feel @Lhomity makes a very valid point ; the game just didn't live up to everybody's expectations.I've spent more than 30 hours playing the game, and I just finished act 2, which means I am halfway through this game, and theres still lots of sidequests and stuff to do!

I hope you will continue to play the game. Iv'e become a master of shell-game, and enjoy every Gang Hideout. This game isn't really the next gen. game I wished it would be, but still it has proven to be a great purchase. And in the night time, during rain, I must admit the game looks beautiful...that's when I take it back inside and play it... lol, just kidding. You know what I mean! Hopefully this year's E3 will be all about next gen. and PS4 :)

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ewalthour

@_Judas_: Batman on next gen and can't wait since it was made for next gen only. Watchdog was made for ps3 and clearly shows that next gen was added later.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bezza2011

@_Judas_: Glad your enjoying it, honestly I just cannot get over the driving, if the driving was fun I'd absolutely love this game, but I just can't and that's it the driving is the only reason i'm not getting into the game, and you may disagree with Danny's views but I get where he's coming from,

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

I'm thinking Watch Dogs 2 will be next gen only....or should.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

@Lhomity: your observation is spot on, many people expected the moon and the stars from a game, which cannot be done so easily... :)