Weird, I can't wait for Tomb Raider Trilogy. Anyone care about it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

roadkill88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 roadkill88
Member since 2005 • 2313 Posts

I missed Legend and Anniversary because back then, COD dominated my gaming life. Back when COD was good (To me, with COD 2/3). Anyway, now seeing that they're also better looking than even the PC/360 versions makes me want them more. And they have trophies too. BTW, were they any good? I hear Annisary was.

josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#2 josh494
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts
I played Legend way back when. It was ok. Controls felt a little awkward at time. But they'll probably fix it.
mental_case_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 mental_case_5
Member since 2009 • 609 Posts

I really want to get it too. I played them all. Finished Legend and Underworld but not Anniversary.

kkee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 kkee
Member since 2003 • 1729 Posts

Underworld will still be missing the DLC that was only available on the Xbox 360. This means, for me, that the game is still incomplete and still isn't worth getting.

big_boss1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 big_boss1988
Member since 2008 • 1241 Posts

i dont think im getting it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

anniversary and underworld are already in HD on the 360 since 2007...ps3 is late.

however legend is a welcome addition.

corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

I only played the original tomb raider, so will probably pick this up.

jocaju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jocaju
Member since 2007 • 853 Posts

I didn't play them on PS2 (Anniversary & Legend), so my question is, are they crazy hard/frustrating like the early games or they are more like TR Underworld?

roadkill88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 roadkill88

They're not too hard, according to the Achievement guides on the 360.

jocaju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jocaju

roadkill88

I'm talking about the gameplay, not trophies/achievements. The early PS1 games were very unforgiven (platforming wise), but Underworld was a lot more manageable.

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the game sometime, though I do own Underworld for the wii. don't own the other two yet.

roadkill88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 roadkill88

[QUOTE="roadkill88"]

jocaju

I'm talking about the gameplay, not trophies/achievements. The early PS1 games were very unforgiven (platforming wise), but Underworld was a lot more manageable.

The achievement guides rate the game difficulty out of 10. They're 4/5.

jocaju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jocaju

[QUOTE="jocaju"]

[QUOTE="roadkill88"]

roadkill88

The achievement guides rate the game difficulty out of 10. They're 4/5.

Oh, my bad. Thanks for the info. Even though I already have Underworld, I'll get this trilogy as well.

danduron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 danduron
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts

ooh yeah, i'm excited about it myself! growing up, my dad was a huge fan of Tomb Raider and Resident Evil. in the last few years he's kind of lost interest in videogames so i think getting him this may get him sucked back in :-)

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

Im getting it for 3 reasons first off i havent gotten to play the tomb raider anniversary edition, 2nd is obviously for trophies and 3rd the trilogy will prepare me for the new tomb raider coming out.

Francision69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 Francision69
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts
I beat them all except for Underworld so I wanna get this game just to re-experience TR along with getting some trophies.
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Tomb Raider is one of my favourite franchises (finished TRU 2 times), and Anniversary and Legend are the only ones I didn't play at all, Anniv cause I didn't see a point in re doing TR1 and Legend no idea why maybe too many other games at the time

Mintymatti017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 Mintymatti017
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I think Tomb Raider needs to have a long break and come back fighting with some new things. Even though the newer games have been alright they are just more of the same with nothing special to set them apart. So I think if Tomb Raider just waited a few years they might be able to reinvent the series. As for the Trilogy if you like Tomb Raider games it's probably a bargin!

Top 10 Revolutionary Games

stereopathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 stereopathic
Member since 2004 • 112 Posts

minty, i agree with you. the franchise needs some room to breathe and reinvent itself. however, eidos is insecure about lara's ability to stay in the public consiousness without tomb raider related content releasing every year. it's a silly notion but that's just how it is.

the trilogy looks nice. i played TRL and TRA a couple of times through on PS2 and then a couple more on 360 (only played TRU on 360), but this seems like the perfect excuse to get back into them. i'm interested in seeing how the graphics look on Legend particularly as it was originally ported up from the PS2 version. the environments and art direction were really nice so with a fresh coat of paint they could be spectaclular.

someone asked if they were hard. they're not at all. Legend is a bit more combat-heavy and has a couple of tough boss fights but it's very linear and has only one or two challenging puzzles. you have a tool to identify solutions and Zip& Allistair speak through your headset the whole time, practically spelling out what you need to do. i turned the dialogue off because it was TOO easy with their hints.

TRAmight bea bit more difficult because there's not as much help.also, you have to be able to perform an "adrenaline dodge" to get through one of the boss fights. i had no problem with it but there were lots of folks complaining about it online.

TRU was the best of the three (only imho) but wasn't any harder than Anni. puzzles were better, a little more challenging. lots more bugs and places to get stuck in the environment (jumping sideways got me out usually). also some nice dialogue and good voice acting.

overall, i'd say they were mostly average difficulty with a few spikes here and there. nothing insurmountable and good pacing to keep you motivated.

LovelyLost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LovelyLost
Member since 2011 • 130 Posts
I played them all three, and I love them! I just pre-ordered the trilogy because I think it's worth it. Especially Legend
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

believe it or not, Tomb Raider 3 was actually the very first game i bought when i started gaming on pc more than a decade ago. the series have always had a special place in my heart and since i haven't played any of the rebooted titles i will most definitely get this trilogy pack :)