Was the annual Qore subscription worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I believe Qore provided early demos, betas, premium avatars and themes, and discounts. So for that that subscribed for a year, was it worth it?

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Eh, kinda...It was $25 for the whole year and the only games they offered were High Velocity Bowling and detuned. Neither were good. The themes they give out are usually really lame. The interviews and stuff are somewhat interesting depending on what they're talking about, but usually there's only one game they're showing that I care about (2 on a good month). I know you're supposed to get into betas and early demos and stuff, but the only 2 I can think of were the MAG beta (which was decent) and early access to the GoW3 demo.

It sounds like you get a lot, but most of the stuff is just crap anyway unfortunately. Apparently PlayStation Plus includes a monthly Qore with the subscription, but I have yet to see much to confirm this. You might be able to get the July Qore when it comes out. The June Qore was the worst one all year so you didn't miss much there ;)

Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
It's not to bad. I'd just get the playstation + since it comes with it.
JMattM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JMattM
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts

The only thing redeeming about Qore is Veronica Belmont.

I subscriped last year and it hasn't been worth it to me so far. The news is almost stale by the time it's relased each month.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

During the fall months its definitly worth it. Last year I had a alot of betas to play and the year prior was the same situation. But yea if your thinking about getting it, go with Ps+ as Qore comes with it aswell.