Warhawk serious flaw or not?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aaronaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aaronaton
Member since 2003 • 743 Posts

Im not part of the BETA but from the videos ive seen ive notive someting that will get on my wik and spoil it from being the perfect game.

Why is there autoaim built into the game thats resembles HALO, the 'sticky crosshair' system?????

Its not gunna feel that competetive for me and its just gunna ruin the experince for me, This is just my opinion as i play socom online quite alot.

can someone from BETA tell me about the aim system or give me any news that they might patch it completely off?????

x

_DeatH-MetaL_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 _DeatH-MetaL_
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

Im not part of the BETA but from the videos ive seen ive notive someting that will get on my wik and spoil it from being the perfect game.

Why is there autoaim built into the game thats resembles HALO, the 'sticky crosshair' system?????

Its not gunna feel that competetive for me and its just gunna ruin the experince for me, This is just my opinion as i play socom online quite alot.

can someone from BETA tell me about the aim system or give me any news that they might patch it completely off?????

x

aaronaton

i havnt got the beta but i can tell you that they will be an option to switch it off.(i hope) and most experienced or serious gamers if the option was built in would switch it to off

legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 legalize3
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

what are you talking about there is no autoaim

its actually hard to aim you need skilles

aaronaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 aaronaton

yeh there kinda is mate im sure of it. Its the 'sticky aim' thing were when your crosshairs touch an opponent, they become less sensitive enabling your crosshairs to stick to the target better. Thye need to wipe it from the game, makes it too arcady.

x

legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 legalize3

yeh there kinda is mate im sure of it. Its the 'sticky aim' thing were when your crosshairs touch an opponent, they become less sensitive enabling your crosshairs to stick to the target better. Thye need to wipe it from the game, makes it too arcady.

x

aaronaton

no there is not trust me im in the beta

ian_fisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 ian_fisher
Member since 2005 • 7758 Posts

I'm in the Beta and the sticky auto-aim isn't that bad.  Most of the time when I get into ground battles people rely on their grenades to get the job done so the fact that the game has a slight auto-aim doesn't ruin the experience or make the game easier.  The only slight problem with the ground combat so far is the pistol, which is a default weapon with inf. ammo, is more powerful than the machine which doesn't make alot of sense.

aaronaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 aaronaton

thanks, maybe itll be ok when i play it. It'll be good to see them patch it thou before IMO

x

legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 legalize3

I'm in the Beta and the sticky auto-aim isn't that bad.  Most of the time when I get into ground battles people rely on their grenades to get the job done so the fact that the game has a slight auto-aim doesn't ruin the experience or make the game easier.  The only slight problem with the ground combat so far is the pistol, which is a default weapon with inf. ammo, is more powerful than the machine which doesn't make alot of sense.

ian_fisher

there is ?

i have noticed nothing its probably  something really really really small you can teven notice

wait let me launch the game and double check

TOSgamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 TOSgamer10
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts
There is auto aim for the rifle and the pistol has a lesser extend of it.  There has been tons of debate over this.  Most likely auto aim will be end up being a user decision with the option to turn it on or off in the final version.  The ones who want auto aim removed are trying to get incog to include a medal for those who play with auto aim off.  But dunno if that will make it to the final version.
jshigashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jshigashi
Member since 2007 • 528 Posts
I don't think it hurts the game any..... in fact I think it is necessary.  It's really is a run and gun type game (and not a tactical shooter).  You really have to unload on a guy for about 3-5 seconds straight with a machine gun for him to die.  If there wasn't an auto aim... it would be too hard to kill people with just a gun/machine gun (I'd say it takes 3 times longer to kill someone with a machine gun than in other shooters like Resistance/COD3/FEAR).  It is not a one hit kill type game... and the more I play, the more fun it becomes.  And I believe there is only auto aim for the machine gun and handgun when you're on foot.  The machine gun for planes and anti-air guns  Even with auto aim... it is not super easy to follow and keep things thaty move fast in your sights enough to kill them.
_DeatH-MetaL_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 _DeatH-MetaL_
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts
if you have played resistance u'll know it has auto aim or sumtin its hardly noticeable and doesnt ruin gameplay. the fact is in warhawk people will be running around the auto aim feature doesnt have that much control at all you have to control it alot to keep it on target and you wont notice it. and if you dont like it turn it off
TOSgamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TOSgamer10
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts
[QUOTE="ian_fisher"]

I'm in the Beta and the sticky auto-aim isn't that bad. Most of the time when I get into ground battles people rely on their grenades to get the job done so the fact that the game has a slight auto-aim doesn't ruin the experience or make the game easier. The only slight problem with the ground combat so far is the pistol, which is a default weapon with inf. ammo, is more powerful than the machine which doesn't make alot of sense.

legalize3

there is ?

i have noticed nothing its probably something really really really small you can teven notice

You havent noticed it because your probably fighting it. Try locking over someone and letting go of the right stick. you see that it follows them around a little bit especially with the rifle.
legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 legalize3
[QUOTE="legalize3"][QUOTE="ian_fisher"]

I'm in the Beta and the sticky auto-aim isn't that bad. Most of the time when I get into ground battles people rely on their grenades to get the job done so the fact that the game has a slight auto-aim doesn't ruin the experience or make the game easier. The only slight problem with the ground combat so far is the pistol, which is a default weapon with inf. ammo, is more powerful than the machine which doesn't make alot of sense.

TOSgamer10

there is ?

i have noticed nothing its probably something really really really small you can teven notice

You havent noticed it because your probably fighting it. Try locking over someone and letting go of the right stick. you see that it follows them around a little bit especially with the rifle.

yep you are right it made thsi game more enjoyable now lol it was verry hard to aim and shoot before because i keep moving the stick

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
It doesn't hurt the game at all. It actually makes it more enjoyable imo. Also consider, it's 3rd person, not 1st. The assist translates differently between the two perspectives.
Conjuredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Conjuredevil
Member since 2004 • 1409 Posts
[QUOTE="TOSgamer10"][QUOTE="legalize3"][QUOTE="ian_fisher"]

legalize3

there is ?

yep you are right it made thsi game more enjoyable now lol it was verry hard to aim and shoot before because i keep moving the stick

omg!! i feel so silly I didn't know about it and still I was kicking some serious a$$ in ground combact I have been the top player of 48 games out of 55 that ain't bad ?But when it comes to the skies anyone can kill me lol

Bigfoot_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bigfoot_Slayer
Member since 2003 • 211 Posts

A slight auto-aim is almost necessary for an online shooter of any kind. I am not talking about overdoing it like in halo... But in order for things like... In halo, a sniper rifle, to work properly, you have to have auto aim.

You will always have those people running a crappy connection, and someone running a T1 or something. If there was no auto aim, the better connection would ALWAYS win, due to seeing their movements faster. Having an autoaim helps keep things balanced between connections, especially with a controller which is slower to move and harder to aim then something like a mouse.

There should be at least a SLIGHT bit of auto aim, otherwise it would be nearly impossible to kill someone, especially if your connection kind of sucks.

I don't agree with a lot of auto aim, and that is one of the many bugs and weird things that plague Halo 2... But every console shooter needs at least a little bit of auto-aim.

legalize3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 legalize3
hey TC problem solved if you dont want autoaim keep moving your rightstick.. :P
libthegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 libthegod
Member since 2006 • 1517 Posts
I think there's only a very light autoaim with some guns, but I think its kind of necessary cause they are too esay to evade, most people kill with nades anyway
aaronaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 aaronaton

yeh developer developer show know that if there gunna dabble int he 3rd person shooter genre, then they should look at other games such as themselves. People are saying that you need auto aim for 3rd person? what about the SOCOM, still the big game for online gaming for hte PS2. That works fine, i think they should scrap autoaim, are make it expert room only, optional etc. But the whole room has to do it!

x

Thatguybobby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Thatguybobby
Member since 2005 • 452 Posts
actually it's very nice. IT's only auto aim if you're on ground, and with certain weapons. Trust it's needed. It would be very hard to kill someone without b/c the controls are kinda loose, making it hard to be precise with the aim. Especially if you're like running while shooting. At least it's only the beta, I'm sure they will change quite a bit after they get feed back.