Vita price drop in NA.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jmartin1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 jmartin1016
Member since 2003 • 1363 Posts

It's coming sooner than later. Of coarse this is speculation. I have been considering buying a Vita for the past month, I even picked up a 32 gig memory card for $70 on amazon 2 weeks ago. Last night I finally snaped and dissembarked to my local Wally World to purchase my very own, only to discover that they were sold out. So I tried the next closest Walmart (It was late,GS was closed) Sold out there as well. I'm not sure if poor sales have forced retailers to order less, or they are intentionally selling out of stock in anticipation of a new model/formfactor/ pricedrop. With all the success of the drop in Japan, I see this all happening between now and E3. You're thoughts?

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

i think they will officially announce the drop at E3 which is good. hopefully it will take affect before the holiday season. however they should probably price drop the memory cards rather than the device because those prices are  much more ridiculous than the price of the vita itself. 

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#3 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

sony already confirmed no price drop , price drops are  put out on a region to region basis ,   its up to sony and i belie ve theyd rather push more bundles and drop memory cards prices cause thats the main problem not the vita it self , theres already sales though so go get one while their hot 

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

What I want:

New PS Vita model with smaller screen (make it portable dammit!) and PSP Go like design with slide out controls

at least 2GB built in storage with cheaper memory cards and bettery battery life (possible due to smaller screen) and a price tag of $149-$179. Heck, lose the OLED for LCD if that cuts costs enough.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Sony has thus far ruled out a PSvita Price drop for North America. If Sony were to change that stance then E3 2013 would be the place Sony would annouce a price drop. So we will have to wait until then.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

What I want:

New PS Vita model with smaller screen (make it portable dammit!) and PSP Go like design with slide out controls

at least 2GB built in storage with cheaper memory cards and bettery battery life (possible due to smaller screen) and a price tag of $149-$179. Heck, lose the OLED for LCD if that cuts costs enough.

bonesawisready5
Ew. No. No to all of those things except the built in memory and $179 price.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#7 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
No to cheaper memory cards? To me, that's one of the biggest obstacles to buying a Vita.
Digital_DJ_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#8 Digital_DJ_00
Member since 2005 • 1460 Posts

What I want:

bonesawisready5

Worst idea ever. The PSP Go failed hard for a reason.