Vita or PS3 version?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

For those who own both a Vita and PS3, and there was a game out for both consoles (mostly happens), which console would you play it on?

The obvious answer would be the PS3 - for me anyway, but then again, the vita is fast and convenient to play. A game I'm still deciding on is whether to get FF X on Vita or PS3.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Vita since I don't own a PS3. For some I guess it depends on if you have the time to sit down in your lounge room and play a certain game or if you can take your Vita with you and have time on a Bus or train or where ever. Plus games like LBP Karting I would prefer to be on my Vita rather then a PS3, there are some games that people might prefer on their Vita then Ps3, and visa versa.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
PS3 in most cases. Big TV, surround sound, more comfortable controller with proper sticks. FFX might be nice to have on the go though.
gwarlito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 gwarlito
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts

Depends on the game, but FFX will be played on my Vita

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
if its a game released this gen (as in on the ps3) then i would pick that version. If its a hd collection i would probably pick the vita one, unfortunately they have all been on the ps3 only. FFX i will be getting on vita
Frieza99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Frieza99
Member since 2012 • 228 Posts
PS3,as we can play on a bigger screen.
kounterfeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kounterfeit
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts

i buy vita versions of games that i have no intentions of playing online. so i can play online when im home and play the other games when im on the go.

SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#8 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

It would depend on the game and whether it was a Sony exclusive or not and whether the Vita version was identical to the console version. For example I might buy a game for the Vita and the Xbox360......

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#9 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

i intend on picking up these for my Vita:

Sine Mora

Zone of Enders HD

Final Fantasy X HD

Playstation All-Stars

though i am crossing my fingers that the Playstation All-Stars will get the perk that Motorstorm RC got. buy the PS3 version get the Vita digital version packed in. Sony really ought to consider pushing that with their first game lineup. especially given the fact that who in their right minds is gonna spend 100+ dollars for two copies for two platforms just for the joy of being able to transfer your saves to play on the go.

Talk about extreme premium gaming.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Depends on the game. If it has lokal co-op, PS3, if it doesn't, Vita because I'm not that much at home (might change soon once I finished my studium and only work), so handhelds (and a Notebook that can play games) are my main source of gaming entertainment

Burnt_Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Burnt_Brains
Member since 2011 • 187 Posts

Probably on my PS3, unless it was significantly better on the Vita.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

FFX on the vita for me. I love RPGs were I can play anywhere. And for the most part i would go with Vita since im a PC gamer first, Handheld second, console gamer last.

cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
Depends on the game, ive ordered Playstation All-stars for Vita because fighting games are better on a handheld imo and because its cheaper. Can still play with my PS3 friends and the Vita version looks every bit as good as PS3! Will probably buy Sly 4 for Vita too.
IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

I just don't have much of an attention span at the moment, so I like to play longer games, like most RPGs, on a handheld so I can move around while I'm playing. But some genres, like fighting games, just feel better on the PS3 in my opinion.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
I play depending on the style. Most of the time I'd rather play a big blockbuster title on the PS3 such as Uncharted or something rather than on the Vita. However, i wouldn't mind big name titles like that on the go as long as a campaign is brand new.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

In terms of Final fantasy X I would get that game on PSvita. Since I "kinda" already have Final Fantasy X playable on PS3. I can play the Playstation 2 FFX on my PS3 60GB. Plus the touchscreen and back panel of the PSvita could make this game more enjoyable than just having FFX in HD nicer graphics, but same game. Whereas PSvita can add a bit more "touch" to the game than just prettier graphics.

CBN16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CBN16
Member since 2012 • 407 Posts

If the story is good and I actually want to focus on what is happening in the story, then I'll get it on PS3. If it doesn't have a story, I'll get it for Vita.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

I'm leaning towards for Vita for most of them.