Valve & EA are just ignoring PS3 owners! :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thb_da_one01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 thb_da_one01
Member since 2005 • 979 Posts

Reports: The Orange Box PS3 Inferior

Okay, that's it. We've officially lost patience with EA, provided the following report is accurate.

According to early feedback concerning the PS3 version of The Orange Box and an article by pspsps.tv, it seems PS3 owners are going to get shafted once again with an inferior multiplatform title. 1Up recently did a preview on the game and said that not only will the title run at a relatively pathetic 30 frames per second, but even that doesn't work very well. Now, why would Valve do something like this? Well, they didn't (at least, not really). It seems Valve dumped the PS3 development off on an internal EA team so Valve could focus more closely on the Xbox 360 version. This isn't really surprising, considering Gabe Newell has been slamming the PS3 all year...which apparently gives Valve license to slack off and essentially ignore PS3 owners.

Now, bear in mind we're only speaking on secondary information; we don't have the game in front of us just yet. But it should be arriving very soon (December), and it doesn't seem as if the team has enough time to iron out these major kinks. And if it is true that Valve relied almost entirely on EA for development, and the game turns out to be poor in comparison to the 360 and PC versions, than that's it. We just can't handle this anymore. Evidently, the world's biggest video game publisher simply isn't interested in producing quality products for the PlayStation 3. It can be done, as Infinity Ward (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare), Ubisoft (Rainbow Six Vegas and Assassin's Creed) and many others have already proven.

We've seen great examples of accomplishment and achievement on the PS3 already, so in all honesty, we're just sick of the whiners who can't step up to the plate. But hey, we could be wrong. The Orange Box PS3 could be fantastic. If it's not, and EA is the primary culprit (as if Valve's any better in this scenario), than we will not be happy.

Source

thb_da_one01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thb_da_one01
Please boycott this game. Don't buy it!!!
Shakti_020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Shakti_020
Member since 2004 • 381 Posts

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/11/22/ps3-orange-box-the-slideshow-version/

"
At this point, you're probably wondering what the deal is and why can't such a great development company like Valve get one of their shining jewels up to snuff, right? Well, one reason is probably because Valve isn't behind the PS3 port like it was for the other versions. Yeah, we're being serious. An unspecified internal EA development team is responsible for the PS3 version."

hailltoyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hailltoyou
Member since 2005 • 1493 Posts
Come on give them a break , they just can't port 3 year old game engine and thats it. You see the thing is that some devs are talented and some devs have they're arms growing from they're @$$ ;)
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#6 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
Quit yer whinin' and buy the game for the PC. That is the only logical choice.
austin_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 austin_is_god
Member since 2003 • 635 Posts
If that greasy looking fat PC nerd doesn't like the PS3, why put the game on it at all? They probably gave the game to EA's interns to make for the PS3 just to sabotage it, it's so lame. I hate EA
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/11/22/ps3-orange-box-the-slideshow-version/

"
At this point, you're probably wondering what the deal is and why can't such a great development company like Valve get one of their shining jewels up to snuff, right? Well, one reason is probably because Valve isn't behind the PS3 port like it was for the other versions. Yeah, we're being serious. An unspecified internal EA development team is responsible for the PS3 version."

Shakti_020

not sure if vale is graet at developing though... they delay everything they make
they maybe one of the most creative or innovative though

spiff_p239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 spiff_p239
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts
I hope the game ends up being okay because I've never played any of the Half-Life games but they look really fun. I'll wait for the reviews before I make my decision, but I won't buy a bad port of an otherwise great game.
GIJesse77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 GIJesse77
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts
You're telling me to boycott my most anticipated game?
leon106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 leon106
Member since 2005 • 594 Posts
when gabe newell said "the ps3 is a waste of everybody's time" why even put the game out on the ps3 at all...hes just mad that he needs to put his precious pc titles on consoles to make money...and how could you expect games from ea to be good on the ps3 when their leader was the face of the xbox 360 for so long. but idk if boycotts would work since that would stop that developer from ever making another game on ps3..all the more reason for them to be exclusive to some other entity
rctyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 rctyke
Member since 2005 • 1122 Posts
As much as I love Valve, that is really ignorant of them to say that at PS3 owners and yet "Hey, let's sell it for whatever!". Hey, here is a thought Valve, how about the PS3 version sells more than the xbox 360 version, andthe people with a PS3 you call "Having a waist of time", would be the only words to insult your consumers and they don't buy the game. Put some thought to what you say to your consumers, otherwise they won't buy it.
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ocelotcougar
Member since 2005 • 2099 Posts
You guys are harsh. How about someone gives you a game you know nothing about the coding for and tells you to port it to a different system. Stop complaining about stuff you don't know about.
game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts
You're telling me to boycott my most anticipated game?GIJesse77
That's what I'm doing. I not going to settle on a crap port just because Gabe can't get his fat @$# up and do it or have a reliable developer(like Infinity Ward or Insomniac) port it. Oh and didn't Gabe at one point insult the PS3 again but follow up saying that they would guarantee that PS3 owners would get the same Orange Box experience as the 360 and the PC? If he did, HE'S A DIRTY FAT#$@ LIAR!!!!
PrimordialMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PrimordialMeme
Member since 2007 • 1279 Posts

Please boycott this game. Don't buy it!!!thb_da_one01

Please boycott EA, they are awful in every way possible.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Bah, I was questionable about this anyways. Half Life 2 makes me sick anyways...no literally. I tried this game on PC, I just couldn't play it. So much motion sickness or whatever it was I felt like I wanted to die. Got the same thing when playing Quake 2 or Duke Nukem 3D. It's a great game and all, but my eyes, head and stomach cannot bear it. I can play some FPS games without a hitch, but not Half Life. I was curious if I would get the same effect on a PS3 w/ HDTV. I know The Simpsons demo started to make me feel that way and I just dropped that like a hot potato. So no love lossed here really..
thb_da_one01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thb_da_one01

You're telling me to boycott my most anticipated game?GIJesse77

I'd advise you to "anticipate" it on PC! :P

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts

what a joke that is, doesn't make sense to me why they would do something like this... anyway its too bad because I've been playing orange box on 360 and it really is one of the best games ever made, especially portal and Episode 2

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts
I have nothing against valve, the orange box would be ultimately played best on pc, but still, EA deserves the blame for everything. They're going to so regret it when in a few years PS3 retakes its gigantic lead over the other consoles, it would be great if sony actually rejects any of their proposals by then, now that would be fanservice.
initiald411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 initiald411
Member since 2005 • 787 Posts
You guys are harsh. How about someone gives you a game you know nothing about the coding for and tells you to port it to a different system. Stop complaining about stuff you don't know about.ocelotcougar
Your missing the point they should not have done that in the first place if your gonna do it then do it right. Like the prez of vavle said, he hates the ps3. I would love to meet him because I could shatter anything he has to say about the ps3 any day an time anywhere. Whats happening to EA these days what used to be one of my favorite developers is going downhill fast an don't even get my started on that new game they slapped the nfs sign on an called it a day. That game was highly dissapointing which is why I made my friend rent it an waste his money.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts
This is really disappointing! I was planning to get this for Xmas, but now Im not so sure... Looks like Illonly get Uncharted... Thanks EA (probably should be blaming Valve even more!)
minox2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 minox2109
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts
wel.. if tht is true then tht would be some B@%&... if ther not gonna do it right then they should not bother to do it at all... i mean come on its like ther taking a S*** on us ps3 users...
IceStorm-Br

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IceStorm-Br
Member since 2003 • 92 Posts

EA already proved (many times) his lack of skill developing games for PS3, they do not have a team for that. EA works only with games for PC, easily adapted for the XBOX (which is a lightweight PC). So while a team of developers PS3 is not formed by EA wait only by horrible games.

Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts
meh...wasnt gonna get it anyways
NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts
Maybe we all ought to wait till the final version releases before we all scream murder.
Tuvac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tuvac
Member since 2007 • 222 Posts

Please boycott this game. Don't buy it!!!thb_da_one01

I think I'm going to get it anyway. I have a high tolerance for framerate issues, and this is the only way I'll ever get to play this game. I'd like to send the message that their is enough interested gamers out there on PS3 that if other Valve projects come to it, it should be taken more seriously.

skee_uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 skee_uk
Member since 2003 • 171 Posts

If this orange box game is a lazy port i wont be buying this, i mean whats the point in buying an inferior game because developers didnt spend time on it.

you only have to look at how resistance and cod4 look, especially the last few levels on resistance look amazing perfectly smooth and solid grafix.

why orange box wont be the same as the 360 game is beyond me.

i really do feel its gonna be rubbish and if thats the case i wont be spending my hard earned cash on a new tea coaster:)

bring on HAZE and KILLZONE 2

GameServant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GameServant
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts

they must be really stupid. at least when you make a **** game dont go around telling customers look we made **** game for you go buy it lol

Same if you go to grocery store and the cassier gonna scream "todays bread wasnt baked good they put to much water and someone spit in it I think, so go buy it everyone!"

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts
i never wanted it for PS3 anyway. but now the PC version must look better to some guys.. :/
jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts
Well all I can say is I really don't care because we got UT3 coming out next month I'am not really in toHL2 ORBjust not my type of game,just like halo but yeah I see what your saying.EA suck they went down hill after madden08,and just to say we get most of our games is from japan so we good over there,but really who cares what they do both of them suck!!!!!!!!!
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

haha it would suck to be a cow and have developers shaft it but you cant blame them....there is more profit to be made on a system thats way easier to develop for....and also cows shouldnt use ubisoft as an example of a company that makes good multiplats, as i have experienced that their titles in particular are of lower quality. The ceiling for the ps3 is alot higher, but perhaps the basement is lower...its a shame

HungryLikeAMug

System Wars Forums is down the hall to the right, spare us with kiddo cow comment on this forums kid.

Zetler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zetler
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts

Nobody cares about Orange Box anymore. Vavle made it sound like they spent all year carefully crafting a nextgen shooter and didn't have enough time to optimize it for the PS3. Thats totally BS. Lets not forget that HL2 is TWO YEARS OLD. I guess it illustrate the tangent PC gaming have over the consoles when an ancient shooter like HL 2 must be "optimzied" (scale down) for a pair of consoles that are so called nextgen. It seems the 360 and PS3 isn't so nextgen after all.

But getting back to my first point. After all this fuss about Orange Box being one of the best PC shooter about to make a big waves on the console...and it totally bombed. Not too many Xbox 360 owners bought it and Team Fortress failed to impress the Halo 3 fans. In other words it was a bust on the Xbox 360 and considering the lousy port from EA...it will be promptly ignored by many PS3 owners who are too busy drooling over CoD 4 and Uncharted to notice.

beavisofcod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 beavisofcod2
Member since 2007 • 445 Posts
meh screw Valve and Orange Box, i'll be picking up UT3 instead
newfg311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 newfg311
Member since 2003 • 816 Posts

You guys are harsh. How about someone gives you a game you know nothing about the coding for and tells you to port it to a different system. Stop complaining about stuff you don't know about.ocelotcougar

Wow, I think you missed the entire point of this thread.

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts
wasnt going to buy it any way :)
Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts
I was gonna buy this game but not anymore. UT3 will be alot better than this piece of ****.
GIJesse77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GIJesse77
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts
I guess it is true that EA is a bad developer for the PS3 becuase airborne runs like S*** on ps3.
RookWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 RookWolf
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts
EA is just a crappy design company, get it for the PC and run it on the system it was designed for...
lazzy102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 lazzy102
Member since 2004 • 455 Posts

I used to think that Valve was one of the greatest if not the best game developers around.. until now...... to hell with them, they are not getting my money for that pice of s***, if they want to sell it they better remake it even better than the pc and xbox360 version.

man i read in a news article that at the beggining they lied and said that they decided to improve the ps3 version because of its hardware and that was the reason that they would make it come out later... all lies.. they dont care about ps3 owners.. so why should we care about them. they can keep the orange box. I've got COD4.. now infinity ward those are serious developers they care about every single version of the game and try to make it the best for every console including the pc.

l3erserker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 l3erserker
Member since 2006 • 468 Posts
Dude, Valve sucks because from what I read in my Playstation Official Magazine, they hate the PS3 in every aspect!
True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts
As soon as I heard EA was developing it...it became rental material. They just simply suck at producing good games. And their biggest franchise Madden has been screwed now. Go Figure, its EA.
waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
valve = pc ... i don,t even want to read this, because i bought it for PC and i'm enjoying it so much
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
Well since there is nothing we can do, we just have to wait till they show some love to the ps3.
Avatar image for brazilliandream
brazilliandream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 brazilliandream
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
yeah madden 08 sux for ps3 it has frame drops
perfection1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 perfection1000
Member since 2006 • 1205 Posts
So you are telling everyone to port their own game? They are the developer and when they expect user to drop $60 on their game, the consumer expect a very good port.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
I hate EA in every way possible/
-dark-shadow-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -dark-shadow-
Member since 2007 • 985 Posts
Aww, but why? That's not nice. :cry:
coolguy681

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 coolguy681
Member since 2006 • 1353 Posts
Im not buying it, no one should!!!!! Its too bad though because I never had the opportunity to play Half Life 2 and this was the only way I could get it.
Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts

Nobody cares about Orange Box anymore. Vavle made it sound like they spent all year carefully crafting a nextgen shooter and didn't have enough time to optimize it for the PS3. Thats totally BS. Lets not forget that HL2 is TWO YEARS OLD. I guess it illustrate the tangent PC gaming have over the consoles when an ancient shooter like HL 2 must be "optimzied" (scale down) for a pair of consoles that are so called nextgen. It seems the 360 and PS3 isn't so nextgen after all.

But getting back to my first point. After all this fuss about Orange Box being one of the best PC shooter about to make a big waves on the console...and it totally bombed. Not too many Xbox 360 owners bought it and Team Fortress failed to impress the Halo 3 fans. In other words it was a bust on the Xbox 360 and considering the lousy port from EA...it will be promptly ignored by many PS3 owners who are too busy drooling over CoD 4 and Uncharted to notice.

Zetler

you dont know what your talking about, have you even played orange box on 360? TF2 is awsome, just ask everyone who plays it on live, its way better then halo, and were are you getting the orange box bombed? it sold pretty well