Urgent Help for a PS3 noob.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

naimneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 naimneto
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts

So i'm getting a PS3 MGS 4 bundle this november, and i have a few questions:

i saw in the Sony site that the bundle comes with Pain (that dowloadable game ) but i never heard that it came in too , so if you have the bundle , is it true?

I'll get only 3 (counting with MGS4 in the bundle and X-mas) games, and i have a good PC and a wii already , so multiplataforms (except the ones in the wii , since they are crappy) like COD 4 , oblivion and AC are already in my PC , and i'm in a hard situation , should i get wich one of those (just 2 and 30 dollars in downloadable stuff)

Games:

-GTA 4

-Soul Calibur 4

-Little Big Planet

-Resistance 2

-Any other game you consider good ( i put replay value over anything )

and downloadable stuff:

- Fat Princess

-MGO expansion " Gene expansion"

-Tekken 5 dark ressurection

-Any other game you consider good in PSN

Also do you guys know if there is some sort of wireless mic , to talk in online games ... ?

And is there that much diference from dualshock 3 to sixaxis?

oh.. and if you guys gave me a good old "welcome to the PS3 family !!! " party i would gladly accept it...

naimneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 naimneto

* just 2 games ...

PS: i'm brazilian so sorry for my bad english ...

stressford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 stressford
Member since 2004 • 126 Posts
Welcome to the family! If your talking about the limited edition 80GB bundle with MGS and the dual-shock 3 controller that's the best deal out! I don't know if it will still be available if you wait that long. The thing with the limited edition 80GB bundle now is that it is backwards compatible. It can play all the old PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games. They will be phasing out the 40GB which is not backwards compatible and replacing it with a 80GB model that will not backwards compatible with older PlayStation games. The difference between the six-axis and dual-shock 3 is force feedback. They no longer make six-axis controllers. They do make blue tooth headsets for use on-line but you can use any blue-tooth headset for on-line play.
naimneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 naimneto
oh but i already have the bundle, but i'll just open in my birthday , wich is in november , and until then i want more games and stuff...
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts

So i'm getting a PS3 MGS 4 bundle this november, and i have a few questions:

i saw in the Sony site that the bundle comes with Pain (that dowloadable game ) but i never heard that it came in too , so if you have the bundle , is it true?

I'll get only 3 (counting with MGS4 in the bundle and X-mas) games, and i have a good PC and a wii already , so multiplataforms (except the ones in the wii , since they are crappy) like COD 4 , oblivion and AC are already in my PC , and i'm in a hard situation , should i get wich one of those (just 2 and 30 dollars in downloadable stuff)

Games:

-GTA 4

-Soul Calibur 4

-Little Big Planet

-Resistance 2

-Any other game you consider good ( i put replay value over anything )

and downloadable stuff:

- Fat Princess

-MGO expansion " Gene expansion"

-Tekken 5 dark ressurection

-Any other game you consider good in PSN

Also do you guys know if there is some sort of wireless mic , to talk in online games ... ?

And is there that much diference from dualshock 3 to sixaxis?

oh.. and if you guys gave me a good old "welcome to the PS3 family !!! " party i would gladly accept it...

naimneto

brasileiro? xD sou portugues.. mas vou falar em ingles =P.

to start with WELCOME! =P well, get little big planet and Devil May Cry 4. wait for naruto ultimate ninja storm and star wars the force unleashed reviews and feedback to come out and than decide for yourself.. (i doubt star wars will have much of a replay value.. but naruto and LBP will..) there are some other good games.. or games that i am looking forward to, to see ig are worth it.. (i'll leave here a quick list of games that i am anticipating, even you we know very little about them. like:dead space, darksiders: wrath of war, GOD OF WAR 3, FINAL FANTASY VERSUS 13, final fantasy 13, bayonetta, sonic unleashed, prince of persia, resident evil 5, HOME and mb Buzz for friends). don't forget the games i recommended for you to get were devil may ry 4 and little big planet (just keep the others under sight, for news, reviews and feedback ;))

downloadable games i only recommend pixel junk monsters, it's a tower defense, i found it pretty enjoyable! i'd buy it.

wireless mic? just get a regular bluetooth one and connect it to your ps3 through definitions.. just like you can get any keyboard for example and use it in your ps3.. (or a blu ray remote control.. too). dual shock 3 has a little more weight (which is good, sixaxis was too light..) and has rumble.. so DS3 is better.

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SollidSnake_
(if you want a pc list i might give you my tracked games too =P: SPORE, crysis warhead, demigod, guild wars 2, diablo3, stardraft2 and WH: dawn of war2. =P)
USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 USMC_Sn1per
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts

i speak portuguese too...

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SollidSnake_

USMC_Sn1per

ai é? cool =P tanto portugues por aki xD

kazamadevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kazamadevil
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts
I sugest you hold on Tekken 5DR and wait for Tekken 6 it should come this december.
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SollidSnake_

I sugest you hold on Tekken 5DR and wait for Tekken 6 it should come this december.kazamadevil

lol omg what a tekken maniac xD. i dont think a fighting game like tekken is good enough to stand between so many monsters coming soon.. and i find it even worst to recommend 2 tekkens out of 2 possibilities.. cmon dude.. :S

USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 USMC_Sn1per
[QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"]

SollidSnake_

what did u call me!?!?

Shaqneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shaqneel
Member since 2006 • 1413 Posts
Out of those games, I;d reccomend Little Big Planet and Resistance 2, both will last you quite a will and both excellent looking games. As for PSN Games, I would actually reccomend Pixel Junk Monsters and Pixel Junk Eden, both $10 and both have demos so you can give them a try. Fat Princess also looks great, but it's not expected until 2009 so you'll have to wait a bit for that one. If you're looking for tekken, I would reccomend waiting as tekken 6 is expected fairly soon. Otherwise, congratulations and Welcome to the Family. Hope to See you online this holiday!
nighthawk260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 nighthawk260
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

Yes pain does come with it. You need to set up a PSN id though before you can get it. If the voucher doesn't work call Sony and they'll fix it right up.

I'd recommend LBD and R2 but thats just me.

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SollidSnake_
[QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"]

USMC_Sn1per

what did u call me!?!?

-.- u dont talk portuguese after all? hmph.. damn you!

kazamadevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kazamadevil

[QUOTE="kazamadevil"]I sugest you hold on Tekken 5DR and wait for Tekken 6 it should come this december.SollidSnake_

lol omg what a tekken maniac xD. i dont think a fighting game like tekken is good enough to stand between so many monsters coming soon.. and i find it even worst to recommend 2 tekkens out of 2 possibilities.. cmon dude.. :S

Just cause you don't like fighting games, doesn't mean other people don't. i think its a very cool game, its not a crime to have a favorite unless that law has been added 2 minutes ago.Besides, he just had tekken DR on there so instead of that a newer title would be better.

USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 USMC_Sn1per
[QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"]

SollidSnake_

what did u call me!?!?

i do...

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SollidSnake_
[QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"]

USMC_Sn1per

what did u call me!?!?

i do...

than say somethin in portuguese..

other44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 other44
Member since 2007 • 1494 Posts
now that there are the platinum games. get uncharted and ratchet&clank for the price of one!
USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 USMC_Sn1per
[QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"]

SollidSnake_

what did u call me!?!?

i do...

lo, u dont believe me huh? :D

what do u want me to say?

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SollidSnake_

now that there are the platinum games. get uncharted and ratchet&clank for the price of one!other44

oh yeah if you want cheap games these 2 are the best.

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SollidSnake_
[QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"]

USMC_Sn1per

what did u call me!?!?

i do...

say "i love pink bunnies so i use them as forniture" in portuguese!

USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 USMC_Sn1per

SollidSnake_

eu gosto de bonecas rosas para usar como moveis

is that right? lol

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SollidSnake_

USMC_Sn1per

eu gosto de bonecas rosas para me dar sorte

is that right?

LOL no.. but you got some words right =P. did you use a translation website? xD

USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 USMC_Sn1per
[QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"]

SollidSnake_

eu gosto de bonecas rosas para usar como moveis

is that right?

LOL no.. but you got some words right =P. did you use a translation website? xD

eu achei q vc tinha falado ''fortune'', tinha lido errado..lol

eu falo portuguues do brasil, um pouco diferente do portugues do portugal...lol

USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 USMC_Sn1per

i speak italian too

anyways lets stop the OT...

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SollidSnake_

i speak italian too

USMC_Sn1per

ah ok. OT stands for... what?!

italian? cool =P.

no need to get worried about talking portuguese.. i dont think anyone will eat u m8 ;).

btw, your yoda posts are made me cry for laughing so much for 2 times. STOP IT! :P

USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 USMC_Sn1per
[QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"]

i speak italian too

SollidSnake_

italian? cool =P.

no need to get worried about talking portuguese.. i dont think anyone will eat u m8 ;).

btw, your yoda posts are made me cry for laughing so much for 2 times. STOP IT! :P

OT stands for Off Topic...lol

lol...yeah, those yoda images are very funny...i couldnt stop laughing when i found them...hehe..i just hope to not get banned...lol

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SollidSnake_
[QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"]

i speak italian too

USMC_Sn1per

italian? cool =P.

OT stands for Off Topic...lol

lol...yeah, those yoda images are very funny...i couldnt stop laughing when i found them...hehe..i just hope to not get banned...lol

lol well dont worry about it.. if you do.. it was f!"#ing worth it.. for that laugh =P. you can find a reason i got banned in my blog entry.. its ridiculous the reason i got banned for.. go and see it if you want.. xD

bigmouthkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#30 bigmouthkid
Member since 2006 • 3425 Posts

[QUOTE="kazamadevil"]I sugest you hold on Tekken 5DR and wait for Tekken 6 it should come this december.SollidSnake_

Dude you can't be serious. Tekken is one of the best games for the PlayStation consoles and one of the best fighters of all time.

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SollidSnake_
[QUOTE="SollidSnake_"]

[QUOTE="kazamadevil"]I sugest you hold on Tekken 5DR and wait for Tekken 6 it should come this december.bigmouthkid

Dude you can't be serious. Tekken is one of the best games for the PlayStation consoles and one of the best fighters of all time.

ok tekken is "legendary".. it's cool.. but get my idea.. a fighting game with no story line and with the gameplay running arround a fighting system isnt by any means as big as adventure games that go around a whole story/universe.. what i like to call shallow.. it's mainly button mash.. (i mean generally, not for experts ofc and even for experts a game that bases himself on getting the same combos over and over again to pwn your opponent.. well i hope you get what i mean..) and still if not.. doesnt have the same depth as other games.. even the devs of the other games deserve to get more merit for the MUCH MORE WORK they had making those dogamn adventure /action games..(for example MGS4, God of war's.. devil may cry.. assassin's creed.. etc etc..)

and the thing is, between 2 possible games the TC asked for.. he gave 2 tekken games.. and now i say "Dude you can't be serious."

kazamadevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kazamadevil
[QUOTE="bigmouthkid"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"]

ok tekken is "legendary".. it's cool.. but get my idea.. a fighting game with no story line and with the gameplay running arround a fighting system isnt by any means as big as adventure games that go around a whole story/universe.. what i like to call shallow.. it's mainly button mash.. (i mean generally, not for experts ofc and even for experts a game that bases himself on getting the same combos over and over again to pwn your opponent.. well i hope you get what i mean..) and still if not.. doesnt have the same depth as other games.. even the devs of the other games deserve to get more merit for the MUCH MORE WORK they had making those dogamn adventure /action games..(for example MGS4, God of war's.. devil may cry.. assassin's creed.. etc etc..)

and the thing is, between 2 possible games the TC asked for.. he gave 2 tekken games.. and now i say "Dude you can't be serious."

Thats your opinion, if its button mash for you then whatever but to me and some other people who like fighting games and understand them theyre great games. besides I think this game tottally competes with all the ones you named except MGS4. But can't really compare different genres between each other,theyre different games.

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SollidSnake_
[QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="bigmouthkid"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"]

[QUOTE="kazamadevil"]I sugest you hold on Tekken 5DR and wait for Tekken 6 it should come this december.kazamadevil

Thats your opinion, if its button mash for you then whatever but to me and some other people who like fighting games and understand them theyre great games. besides I think this game tottally competes with all the ones you named except MGS4. But can't really compare different genres between each other,theyre different games.

my hopes were in vain. you didnt get what i meant.

naimneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 naimneto
actually i like fighting games , even thoug not that much of tekken ( WTF only 2d fighter can't have a block button) ...
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
Tekken 6 is in December? In the US or Asia? Source?
kazamadevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kazamadevil

The release should be world-wide,they gave an interview on this recentlly.

source: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/22/tekken-6-in-december-ps3-exclusivity-in-question/

Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts

The release should be world-wide,they gave an interview on this recentlly.

source: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/22/tekken-6-in-december-ps3-exclusivity-in-question/

kazamadevil
Cool, and in December when there's nothing else out that I plan to get. If it's not in the US, I'll just import it. Tekken is worth it.
bigmouthkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#38 bigmouthkid
Member since 2006 • 3425 Posts
[QUOTE="bigmouthkid"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"]

Dude have you played the games? Tekken has a story line.

1noteshort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 1noteshort
Member since 2008 • 403 Posts
[QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"]

USMC_Sn1per

what did u call me!?!?

i do...

@Sniper google translator dude.

@ poster soul calibur 4 is good if you like fighers. plus if your into character design, you can make all your cross matches come true. otacon vs iron man. solid snake vs old snake. the hulk vs sam fisher. any thing is possible.

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SollidSnake_
[QUOTE="SollidSnake_"][QUOTE="bigmouthkid"][QUOTE="SollidSnake_"]

[QUOTE="kazamadevil"]I sugest you hold on Tekken 5DR and wait for Tekken 6 it should come this december.bigmouthkid

Dude have you played the games? Tekken has a story line.

... yeah.. puzzle bubble also has a story.. lol. well the way you're talking about it i'll just sell my mgs4 and get tekken than.. cause i am all into game's storyline (jeez... is it so hard to get a point around here? *hmph*)