Unreal tournament: wheres the hype?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts

Well back before i was on forums and things of that nature, a game called Unreal tournament 2004 came out, so i wasnt able to see what kind of hype the game got. but with the days till the NA release of UT3, im still not seeing much hype of excitement about this game. a year or so ago everyone was drooling over screenshots of UT2007 (later figured out to be UT3). so whats the deal with this game? im worried its not going to have large community to play with.

sorry if this is the wrong section, but i wanted to know the ps3 user base side of the hype...considering im getting the ps3 version.

mariovsluigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mariovsluigi
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts
I'm getting this game the first day it comes out so i'll see you online
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Hype = bad sometimes

I think that UT will sell like hot cookies.

EVIL-MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EVIL-MAN
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts

well ,

i like this game because it's shooting game ;), i well buy it on the first day when its reles ^^

Selrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Selrath
Member since 2005 • 3333 Posts

It might be because:
1) Many people have been disappointed about the graphic
2) The gameplay is almost the same as 2004 + I heard they even removed some nice features that existed in 2004.

EVIL-MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EVIL-MAN
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts

It might be because:
1) Many people have been disappointed about the graphic
2) The gameplay is almost the same as 2004 + I heard they even removed some nice features that existed in 2004.

Selrath

yah but i thing it well be better then 2004 because the graphic much emproved it looks like gears of war ^^

GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GlassDominion

Hype = bad sometimes

rogerjak

hype = bad when thers too much. but at this point im seeing next to zero hype. i didnt even know when the PC one came out for a while. it was dead silent almost under the radar.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
[QUOTE="rogerjak"]

Hype = bad sometimes

GlassDominion

hype = bad when thers too much. but at this point im seeing next to zero hype. i didnt even know when the PC one came out for a while. it was dead silent almost under the radar.

In that case... we have a problem. Maybe people are tired of FPS?
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GlassDominion
[QUOTE="GlassDominion"][QUOTE="rogerjak"]

Hype = bad sometimes

rogerjak

i dunno maybe the game sold well, but i just didnt hear anythng about it...good or bad. i dont really think its because of the FPS market being overloaded right now...

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
Actually alot of ps3 owners on most game sites are really hype for UT3. Don't be surprised if the ps3 version blows the pc version outta the water with sales.
SFMrAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SFMrAnderson
Member since 2004 • 729 Posts

Actually alot of ps3 owners on most game sites are really hype for UT3. Don't be surprised if the ps3 version blows the pc version outta the water with sales.jyoung312

I can all but guarantee this will be the case. Consoles have a way of blowing games up--think Halo. PC's just have way too much competition. In the end the PS3 just doesn't have the FPS competition. We have two good games in the genre and thats it--COD4 & Resistance. As an old school gamer who grew up playing Doom, Quake and Unreal--this is a must buy game period.

thekodaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thekodaman
Member since 2006 • 1733 Posts
Quality speaks for itself. Unlike Halo *cough*
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
I wanna see someone make a halo mod that plays better and is more fun than halo. I'd laugh my @$$ off. Modders can essentially recreate all the 360 exclusives on the ps3 with mods. A gears mod might be fairly easy to make (well I dunno about making the game 3ps with cover mechanics but ut modders can do lots of stuff)
moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts
It's already released on PC and it's pretty awful and COD4 is miles better, so naturally there is minimal hype for UT3
SFMrAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SFMrAnderson

It's already released on PC and it's pretty awful and COD4 is miles better, so naturally there is minimal hype for UT3moshakirby

Call of Duty 4 and UT3 are completely different games. Its like comparing Burnout to Project Gotham Racing. And as far as the PC version being awful--I have no clue where you are coming up with that conclusion. An average rating of 86 on metacritic doesn't seem too awful to me. Most have scored it an 85 or higher. Its one of the best pickup and play games out there. I love COD4, but will definitely leave room for UT3.

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts

[QUOTE="moshakirby"]It's already released on PC and it's pretty awful and COD4 is miles better, so naturally there is minimal hype for UT3SFMrAnderson

Call of Duty 4 and UT3 are completely different games. Its like comparing Burnout to Project Gotham Racing. And as far as the PC version being awful--I have no clue where you are coming up with that conclusion. An average rating of 86 on metacritic doesn't seem too awful to me. Most have scored it an 85 or higher. Its one of the best pickup and play games out there. I love COD4, but will definitely leave room for UT3.

"Its one of the best pickup and play games out there"

apparently not, the online community on the PC version is dead and the sales have been terrible.. Epic really messed up with the launch of UT3, they havent marketed the game at all

hopefully the ps3 version is more popular and doesnt suffer from the problems that the PC version

UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts
[QUOTE="GlassDominion"][QUOTE="rogerjak"]

Hype = bad sometimes

rogerjak

The market is really overcrowded. It takes a lot to stand out nowadays. I'm getting a bit tired of them, to be honest.

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
I'm guessing the PS3 version will get more hype once we actually have a release date...
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GlassDominion

I'm guessing the PS3 version will get more hype once we actually have a release date...gekidami

you mean this upcoming tuesday?

GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GlassDominion

sorry for the double post.

but i guess thats another thing. epic has done nothing to get this game hyped. no ads that i can see anywhere. just goes to show what marketing can do.

SFMrAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SFMrAnderson
[QUOTE="SFMrAnderson"]

[QUOTE="moshakirby"]It's already released on PC and it's pretty awful and COD4 is miles better, so naturally there is minimal hype for UT3Jamie_1987

"Its one of the best pickup and play games out there"

apparently not, the online community on the PC version is dead and the sales have been terrible.. Epic really messed up with the launch of UT3, they havent marketed the game at all

hopefully the ps3 version is more popular and doesnt suffer from the problems that the PC version

There are just too many FPS on the PC. Its over crowded and Crysis and Call of Duty 4 are taking everyone's attention. Not to mention there is a younger audience out there that has never played Unreal Tournament before so they don't know what they are missing. Epic did a very poor job marketing the game. I don't think I've seen one commercial on TV and they didn't have any major launch party like their other popular game Gears of War. I think they were saving money and "thinking" they already had a fanbase so they wouldn't bother. I'm sure things will change once it hits the PS3. Epic really needs to think about the new younger audience that has never played UT before.