Uncharted or Orange Box?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalmetalgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 finalmetalgear
Member since 2005 • 93 Posts
I figured that the best deal for my $60 would be for the Orange Box, but I have heard a few things about the framerate and whatnot. So then I was thinking about Uncharted..... I just don't know.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

The Orange Box has it's fair share of issues but they don't make the game unplayable. However, Uncharted is just the jewel in the PS3's crown at the moment (you can't go wrong with that). Althogh it is abit short, it's still highly replayable and never ceases to be fun.

Gage_Creed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gage_Creed
Member since 2006 • 267 Posts

I am sooo tired of people saying that the Orange Box is a GREAT DEAL. "Oh wow!! 5 GAMES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!!!" You can't beat that!!" It isnt 5 FULL games. The only entire game on there is Half Life 2.....Ok.....

Half Life 2: The entire game is on here with "updated" graphics.....but still looks a little dated FULL GAME

Half Life 2 Episode 1: EXPANSION of Half Life 2

Half Life 2 Episiode 2:EXPANSION of Half Life Episode 1

Portal: Have nothing negative to say about this one. Awesome Addicting game......BUT.....it is very short. Can easily be beaten in a day or two.

Team Fortress 2: Some people might enjoy this but it got old to me VERY VERY fast. And it's also a pretty shallow multiplayer. You only get a couple game modes. And with that fat pig, Slob Newel hating the PS3....WHO KNOWS if we'll get downloadable cotent for this.

It isnt 5 full length games. I'm not a huge Half Life fan....so I gave this a rental and Portal is my absolute favorite in this package. Portal is awesome but, being that the game is too short and Slob Newell being an annoying pig.....$60 just doesnt cut it.

lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

Uncharted is a game which you can pull out immediately you wanna show your friends how b-e-a-u-tiful and fascinating a video game can be.

Shacks210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#5 Shacks210
Member since 2006 • 4633 Posts

I am sooo tired of people saying that the Orange Box is a GREAT DEAL. "Oh wow!! 5 GAMES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!!!" You can't beat that!!" It isnt 5 FULL games. The only entire game on there is Half Life 2.....Ok.....

Half Life 2: The entire game is on here with "updated" graphics.....but still looks a little dated FULL GAME

Portal: Have nothing negative to say about this one. Awesome Addicting game......BUT.....it is very short. Can easily be beaten in a day or two.

Team Fortress 2: Some people might enjoy this but it got old to me VERY VERY fast. And it's also a pretty shallow multiplayer. You only get a couple game modes. And with that fat pig, Slob Newel hating the PS3....WHO KNOWS if we'll get downloadable cotent for this.

It isnt 5 full length games. I'm not a huge Half Life fan....so I gave this a rental and Portal is my absolute favorite in this package. Portal is awesome but, being that the game is too short and Slob Newell being an annoying pig.....$60 just doesnt cut it.

Gage_Creed

What is a full length game? No matter how short or long it is, it is full length, unless it is a demo. It may be 4 small games like you'd find on PSN, in which case it is still getting 5 games in one.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

Uncharted is a game which you can pull out immediately you wanna show your friends how b-e-a-u-tiful and fascinating a video game can be.

lhbchen

It's true. I showed the game to a friend of mine and he said: "Woah, it's Psychadelic". Of course I slapped him afterwards (I don't allow that hippie tree hugging cr@p in my house).

Shacks210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#7 Shacks210
Member since 2006 • 4633 Posts
I feel Uncharted is the best looking game out at all. Better then Bioshock.
isrealsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 isrealsson
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

yeah i was wondering about this also. is uncharted really better than the orange box?

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
If the OB didn't have any issues on the PS3 I would tell you to buy that but sadly it does and makes Uncharted the one I'd choose. Uncharted on the PS3 and OB on the PC.
kalkhaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#10 kalkhaja
Member since 2005 • 1122 Posts
They are both INCREDIBLE....ignore what people say about PS3 issues, its barely noticable, there PS3s must be broken :P if u HAD to choose one, i guess i'd say uncharted..if u have a ps3, u need uncharted
alexmanny01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 alexmanny01
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

Uncharted

I own this game and its incredible. Very good story line and the game play is mad fun.

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
I'll go with Uncharted for a showcase of stunning viusal, solid game-play and an awesome hollywood blockbuster action adventure rollercoaster ride.
aaronaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 aaronaton
Member since 2003 • 743 Posts

yeh theres alot of politics surrounding the ornage box which has put me off. When the big fat Gabe ranted about the PS3's so called carelessness in the market, but that was then, and this is now. The game was developed too early for the Ps3 and im positive then purposly didnt put much effort into optimisising for the different architeture. Exclusives will always provail until 3rd party put effort into developing for both consoles.

what is it with big fat people hating on the PS3?? that fat guy at 1up.com is the worst since that fat guy who got sacked on gamespot. When fat guys rant off at the PS3, it simply stereotypes and pigeon holes 360 users, which in this industry are the laughing stock of the gamers. whhhheeeyyyyyyy (fanboy)

hats off to COD4, truely a better experience on the PS3, and the online gamers are always the higher breed due to the ratio of gamers with HDTV's.

x

kalkhaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 kalkhaja
Member since 2005 • 1122 Posts

Gage_Creed
oh shhhh, its great value
trex05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 trex05
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

uncharted hands down

raffage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 raffage
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts

what is it with big fat people hating on the PS3?? that fat guy at 1up.com is the worst since that fat guy who got sacked on gamespot. When fat guys rant off at the PS3, it simply stereotypes and pigeon holes 360 users, which in this industry are the laughing stock of the gamers. whhhheeeyyyyyyy (fanboy)

hats off to COD4, truely a better experience on the PS3, and the online gamers are always the higher breed due to the ratio of gamers with HDTV's.aaronaton

I'd say the PS3 might have been careless when they thought they were gonna do great but since they've been proven wrong they've turned a new leaf (or so I think).

360 fanboys tend to like the 360 because of the games and to me that's the best reason to like a console. That's not to say they can't be obnoxious. But some are really just more real about what they like.

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts
uncharted no brainer
motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts

ORANGE BOX framerate is fine, people are dilussional. Only a frame skip here and there, nothing that changes the gameplay. Even if half the games are add on's, the amount of time it wuold take you to complete everything is comparible to Oblivion, especially if You're new to the half-life series.

Uncharted or Orange Box. you can't go wrong with either - If you're in it for story, I would go for Uncharted, it's pretty epic. If you want to be playing a gamefor a long time, get Orange Box.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
Uncharted is the best PS3 exclusive. Orange Box (I own it for PC) is my canidate for game of the year
DrugMan47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrugMan47
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts

buy orange box for sure

uncharted is a great game but you get tired about 1 week now orange box myght last 2 months of fun believe me

Blanco98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Blanco98
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts

Definitely Orange Box, though Uncharted is good its way too short, ive beaten it in 9 to 11 hours maybe les, if u never layed Half life definately get Oj box, Half Life 2 is one of the best games u will ever play even nowadays also it includes episode 1 and 2 which r 2 other games yea sure their expansions but their new games and have a campaign of their own, also Oj box has online with team fortress 2 which is one of the most creative online game i have ever played, Also Portal is amazing..lol there no toher word to say it, but Portal is a tad bit too short...other than that u difinitely wont go wrong with OJ box, Uncharted is too short and Replayability is meh, i mean the campaign will be beaten twice and ull prolly never touch that game ever again.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
I've heard the load times are awful for Orange Box. They were pretty annoying on the pc version I bought, the ps3 is supposedly even worse with you having to wait like 2 minutes to reload each time you die.
candid_llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 candid_llama
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
The Orange Box with the assumption that the TF2 community on it is fairly big.
sonygamerchick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 sonygamerchick
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts

Uncharted is hands down one of the most fun games I've played in some time. The story line is involving, the graphics are amazing and the game play is simple... I don't like to get too involved with which buttons for which weapons or having to find health packs... you carry a gun, a rifle and some grenades, no fancy shmancy stuff...

khalid_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 khalid_b
Member since 2005 • 622 Posts
Get Uncharted...u will not regret it. Conversely if you get OB you mite get pissed at the crappy port the PS3 got.
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts

Gage_Creed

well, orange box is like a 20+ hour game and uncharted is like an 8 hour game so i think you get more bang for the buck by buying orange box

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
[QUOTE="Gage_Creed"]

kingtahktahkhuk

well, orange box is like a 20+ hour game and uncharted is like an 8 hour game so i think you get more bang for the buck by buying orange box

That 20+ hours is just Half Life 2 alone. Add about anotehr 15 to 20 to that for Portal. Episode 1 and Episode 2, and htat's not even factoring in the amazing TF2
Avatar image for MasterChief1013
MasterChief1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 MasterChief1013
Member since 2004 • 7019 Posts

Gage_Creed

be quiet and leave. kthx.
KnuckleBoneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KnuckleBoneX
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
uncharted is amazing the best visuals ive seen for a next gen console. the gameplay is unbelievable and the story line is freaking awesome. you feel like you are in a movie. the orange box has one of the best games ever made in my opinion. i love the half-life games both of them are just amazing. just got the orange box im probably bout half way through episode one and its just an amazing addition to HL2. havent tried portal yet or Team Fortress 2 yet but have heard nothing but amazing things about these 2 games. in my opinion i would get both if you can. that is the best solution get both and enjoy the storylines of both games. 2 of my fav games out for the ps3 and out period.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts

I figured that the best deal for my $60 would be for the Orange Box, but I have heard a few things about the framerate and whatnot. So then I was thinking about Uncharted..... I just don't know.finalmetalgear

That is a really hard choice!

I recently bought both, and both are fantastic! Uncharted is probably the best game out on PS3 atm & nearly everybody will love it... however OB is also a great package. Team Fotress 2 & Portal are the standouts, and are both seriously addictive! But it was also great to play HL2 again (which is one of my fav games of all time). However, OB does have it's issues of course...

But to be safe, Id say Uncharted!

willyc09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 willyc09
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
LOL are you joking? Orange Box or Uncharted.....THERE IS NO DEBATE THERE!! Clearly its Uncharted, i rented orange box for my ps3 and it was trash, especially after i played it on the 360. Definitely go with Uncharted, totally fantastic game.
dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

Gage_Creed

lol... So basically, you're paying $60 for one of the best PC games of all time and its expansion packs, one of the top online games of the year, and the best puzzle game of all time? Gee... sounds like a rip-off to me. :roll:

P.S. Get Uncharted. One of the best games this year.