Uncharted 4 delayed until Spring 2016!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

This news sucks any which way you look at it(spare me the, "I'm for a delay if it means a better product in the end," talk). Neil Druckman has clearly hit the weeds with this installment. He chased out most of Uncharted's best talent, he's off screwing around with that superflous TLOU movie and now this?

This hurts Sony bad . . . they just lost holiday 2015. Think about it; if Naughty Dog, a paragon of consistency when it comes to shipping on time(yes, I know the Neil Druckman led TLOU was delayed) can't deliver this doesn't bold well for all of Sony's other studios and their as-yet-not-even-announced games. The future of first-party, Sony games looks bleak my friends!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Better late than AFU.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I guess porting TLOU to PS4 slowed down Naughty Dog a tiny bit. They didn't have that 'porting a previous gen' hurdle in previous gens with Jak & Daxter and Uncharted 1.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Sony will be fine, I doubt the delay is a bad thing. Sure it sucks having to wait that long, but I'm sure Sony will release some great exclusives this year - I hope xD.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@porkchopxp said:
Think about it; if Naughty Dog, a paragon of consistency when it comes to shipping on time(yes, I know the Neil Druckman led TLOU was delayed) can't deliver this doesn't bold well for all of Sony's other studios

As I see it, it was never a firm release date. We didn't even have a date! It was just "sometime at the end of this year". Moreover, this "Neil Druckman led TLOU" you refer to for its delay was IMO the best Naughty Dog game in recent years - it did a lot of things Uncharted does better. I look forward to the maturation of the studio and the influence of that on this final Uncharted chapter. Lastly, I fail to see what Naughty Dog delaying a game has to do with any of the other Sony studios. They have nothing to do with each other - their own teams, talent, budgets...

It's not all doom and gloom. I honestly think they just looked and where they currently are and said "man, we could do more with this and really have Nate go out with a bang given some more time". I'm fine with that. There are other things to play, including *gasp* multiplats.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

I was already questioning my PlayStation 4 ownership and 'happiness' with the platform, this pretty much just solidified me having no real reason to continue owning this console, it's barren.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BattleSpectre

@nyadc said:

I was already questioning my PlayStation 4 ownership and 'happiness' with the platform, this pretty much just solidified me having no real reason to continue owning this console, it's barren.

It's not like you won't have any other games to play on your PS4, besides multiplats Bloodborne is coming out soon, not to mention a heap of other exclusives which haven't even been announced yet. The PS4 has only just gotten into it's second year I don't get how people can be so harsh.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:
@nyadc said:

It's not like you won't have any other games to play on your PS4, besides multiplats Bloodborne is coming out soon, not to mention a heap of other exclusives which haven't even been announced yet. The PS4 has only just gotten into it's second year I don't get how people can be so harsh.

I own literally every console from current dating back to the original PlayStation including a $1,500 gaming PC. When you can directly compare and contrast the current offerings/functionality/usability of something; your view of it and criticism becomes much more rooted in reality around the weaknesses/benefits of a particular system. Out of the three current generation systems the PlayStation 4 is the weakest cohesive product due to its lack of quality exclusive offerings and usability in the day to day.

While owners of only the PlayStation 4 may see certain things as beneficial like multiplatform games or indies, I am incapable of viewing those as a benefit in any degree as 99% of them are on the PC and much better done there. Since I am in what could be considered a unique/fortunate position due to what I own, it's easy for me to pick apart what actually differentiates a console from its competition and makes it beneficial for what it can do that the competition cannot.

In that regard the PlayStation 4 is in dead last place, Uncharted 4 being delayed just hurt this even further. Also Bloodborne is a Souls game, it's niche, I didn't like Souls games just as 99% of the consumer gaming market didn't like them, they only appeal to a small amount of people....

Can you understand my cynicism now?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BattleSpectre

@nyadc: I own every current gen gaming console too, and at the time my PC also cost around the $1,500 mark. Anyways, what I meant was it takes time for these consoles to build a solid library of games (especially when it comes to exclusives). The PS3 was no better when it launched and took a few years for it to get decent exclusives that were worth playing. Multiplats make up most of the games anyway, and since you use your PC for them you knew exactly what you were getting with the PS4. This delay is not a bad thing, it will help the game be better and more polished, isn't that what you want? Or would you rather them release a rushed and unfinished product?

It's funny because when the Witcher 3 was delayed everyone praised that move and said it was for the better, but now that Uncharted 4 is doing the same thing everyone is jumping at Sony's neck. I think some people just like hating on the PS4 (and I'm not directing that at you).

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

@nyadc:

After considering the $1,500 price tag of your gaming pc compared to $350 PS4 (considering you can get 2 or 3 games bundle with system), it automatically puts your gaming pc in dead last place. While you are buying hardware with 0 games, a ps4 gamer has over a $1k to purchase on games. It is laughable how you ignore the $1,500 cost.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#11 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Sony has been far from perfect this-gen, but they have done more then enough to keep me happy! The delay only means a better product! @nyadc

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

While it was disappointing Naughty Dogs delay Uncharted 4 yesterday, but at the same time, they kept complaining that getting UC4 60fps really put the pressure on them and from the way they were talking, I had a funny feeling that they might have to delay it until they are comfortable getting it to 60fps. Resolution don't bother me, as long as the game is fun, I'm okay with that and not all games need to be 60fps, 30fps is also okay but 60fps is a bonus for me and I prefer better framerates then better graphics myself.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if ND will announce an Uncharted 1-3 (including the Vita version) remastered version to make up for the delay at E3 2015. Sounds like that's better then nothing right?