Two problems on PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5940fed791b8c
deactivated-5940fed791b8c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5940fed791b8c
Member since 2009 • 1277 Posts

Hi. I am experiencing 2 problems with my PS3 at the moment. I'd like to know if you people could help me.

Firstly, when I download game demos from the UK Playstation Store, the file fails to install. It has happened with both the Burnout Paradise Demo and the Tony Hawk's Proving Ground demo. I have no idea what the problem is.

Secondly, I have been suffering from frequent DNS errors. I can get on the internet browser, but I can't seem to sign in. I used to be able to get on most of the time, but I can't seem to get on as much because almost every time I try to sign into Playstation Network, I get that REALLY annoying DNS error screen.

I am thankful to anyone who can help me with the above. :)

analog10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 analog10
Member since 2003 • 377 Posts

Yeah I get the DNS Error every so often. I never had this problem until we got a wireless modem. I just hit the reset on the modem and it disconnects then connects. Its fun when you are downloading:roll:

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

Hi. I am experiencing 2 problems with my PS3 at the moment. I'd like to know if you people could help me.

Firstly, when I download game demos from the UK Playstation Store, the file fails to install. It has happened with both the Burnout Paradise Demo and the Tony Hawk's Proving Ground demo. I have no idea what the problem is.

Secondly, I have been suffering from frequent DNS errors. I can get on the internet browser, but I can't seem to sign in. I used to be able to get on most of the time, but I can't seem to get on as much because almost every time I try to sign into Playstation Network, I get that REALLY annoying DNS error screen.

geoff-uk123

I get the errors aboutinstalling every once in awhile and you just have to go back to your downloads in the PS store and redownload it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5940fed791b8c

[QUOTE="geoff-uk123"]

Diddies

I get the errors aboutinstalling every once in awhile and you just have to go back to your downloads in the PS store and redownload it.

Yeah well, I redownloaded the Burnout Paradise demo, but the same problem occured. The strange thing is that when I downloaded Mortal Kombat II, that installed fine. I still can't figure out if its my PS3 or being something wrong with the files on PStore.

rgallard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rgallard
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

Little tip for you...don't worry about the BP demo, just go and buy the game. It's excellent, and you can pick it up cheap these days!

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

If your network is glitchy it might corrupt your downloads.

My own wireless gives me no hassle so my tech skills are in horrible shape...

FendersONLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 FendersONLY
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts

probably your network.

Avatar image for xshadow_raiderx
xshadow_raiderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 xshadow_raiderx
Member since 2008 • 150 Posts

geoff-uk123
i think i know what it is maybe its your NATE TYPE before when i played gta4 online i would get kicked out of a match do to a DNS error then my friend showed my how to change it to NATE TYPE 2 because NATE TYPE 3 sometimes blocks online interactions just check your nate ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5940fed791b8c
Well thanks everyone. I'll check my NATE TYPE. Grateful for all your help. I might get Burnout Paradise for Christmas. :)
lextexrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lextexrex
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
I had a similar problem but was fixed by turning off media server function