Trouble getting into Borderlands

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Getix-01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 Getix-01
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

Well i've been playing borderlands for a good 2 hours now, and i just can't seem to get into the game, i haven't discovered a main plot yet, i'm finding the missions repetitive and the game just kinda dropped you into the action from the start.

But people have told me its really good and they're going for multiple play-throughs but i honestly don't see why, can anybody explain borderlands to me?

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Are you playing with a few friends? Otherwise the game is pretty boring by yourself. The entire focus on the game is pretty much co-op. And no there really is no story to write home about, just mission by mission.
Getix-01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 Getix-01
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts

ahh kk i'll have to convince my friends to buy it lol they better be ready for the ' its the best game ever' trick

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
It really is fun with friends, I guarantee you. It's just that the game punishes by being boring if you're not playing with other people :P
jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

I hated Multiplayer(Unless i was host) It always lagged, and its not my connection because I can connect Pretty Well.

FireFox67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 FireFox67
Member since 2008 • 1012 Posts

I enjoyed the game both single-player and multi-player, but the game was built to be played in co-op with other 3 friends, in my opinion.

honkeytot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 honkeytot
Member since 2009 • 377 Posts

I think you will either like it or not right off the bat. ALL the fun comes from shooting things, that's it.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

Don't bother trying to follow the plot too much. Basically you're just looking for the Vault and that's all the story you need. If you're not playing with a friend the game can get pretty boring. If you have a brother or friend that comes over often or anything like that you can play split-screen and that's probably the best way to play. You can play online too and that's not bad if you know the people you're playing with. If you do random games you might get stuck with loot-snatchers who pick up every single item they can and that takes out a lot of the fun. This game was made with co-op in mind so if you're not doing co-op, then you're doing it wrong! :P

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

if you don't like it aleady, chances are you never will, 95% of the game is having fun shooting (sometimes stupid) things and getting loot, and the atmosphere is like the Road warrior with some twisted humor, another thing is the mission are varied : sometimes just rush in an underground base, sometimes a camp on the side of a cliff, sometimes a grotto with mutant beasts ...

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts
The game has nothing to do at high levels.