To the people who hate Home. You can't get mad over something that's FREE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tsr__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tsr__
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts

Sorry i just have to say this again...I don't get why people are making such a big deal out of this. Again...

1. you don't have to use Home if you don't want to

2. what about sims? oh gimme a break. SO many people love these kind of games and STILL do. Think about it, in sims, u interact with the computer, in home, it's real people! yay...haha.

3. man, all i know is that if this was on 360 or wii, i'd be freakin jealous.

4. People say "screw that, ill juss actually go to a real movie theatre with my friends." Well, if you have friends or relatives online that are 100,000 miles away from you, could you still go to a real movie theatre? yah i guess not, Home it is!

5. although we have a sense of how home is going to be, it's still not out yet so therefore, don't judge until its out!

6. ITS ALL FREE, so how can you hate it?!?

of course you haters out there don't like the idea of home, but just stop hating, in the end, YOU KNOW that home will be a big hit for Sony.

814StopsToday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 814StopsToday
Member since 2007 • 1390 Posts
As much as I agree you can't really get mad at it as no-one's tried it, it isn't free, it's £425
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
As much as I agree you can't really get mad at it as no-one's tried it, it isn't free, it's £425814StopsToday

Congrats that the most idiotic thing Ive read so far today.

Home is free, so I dont see unless you are a fanboy b***h any complaint that can be made.
sheddi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sheddi1
Member since 2004 • 231 Posts
I agree with u
jayhadit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jayhadit
Member since 2006 • 337 Posts
As much as I agree you can't really get mad at it as no-one's tried it, it isn't free, it's £425814StopsToday
By that rationale a dvd would cost 140 bucks. I think you may have missed the point
bigredman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bigredman3000
Member since 2006 • 1935 Posts
agreed and thank you for posting that.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
I honestly have to say that is the saddest attempt at either damage control/dramatization that I have ever seen. All these fanboys and PS3 haters use it. "That game isn't worth $600" "that isn't worth $600". If you don't think the PS3 is worth $500 - $600, then by all means, don't buy one. Stop trying so hard to convince others not to. Also, its only the PS3 that costs so much, not its games.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Sorry i just have to say this again...I don't get why people are making such a big deal out of this. Again...

2. what about sims? oh gimme a break. SO many people love these kind of games and STILL do. Think about it, in sims, u interact with the computer, in home, it's real people! yay...haha.

4. People say "screw that, ill juss actually go to a real movie theatre with my friends." Well, if you have friends or relatives online that are 100,000 miles away from you, could you still go to a real movie theatre? yah i guess not, Home it is!

5. although we have a sense of how home is going to be, it's still not out yet so therefore, don't judge until its out!

of course you haters out there don't like the idea of home, but just stop hating, in the end, YOU KNOW that home will be a big hit for Sony.

tsr__

All very good points. I defently agree with #3 I know if it was on 360 only most of the 360 fanboys would rub it in,but since its not they are being disrespectful and bashing it. It seem the nintendo fanboys are not hating on it so it seems that we know which fanboys have a little more respect. I'm Not saying all 360 fanboys are jerks, but most are. For those that are actually saying it sounds good and/or interesting and not saying "it sucks balls" and bashing it for no reason I thank you.

ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ddldave
Member since 2006 • 886 Posts
some people are so stupid i know, it's not like they are forcing you to use it, and some people are like OMFGWTWTFSFSZR)ROORO MY HOMES ARE GAY!!!!!!!!

it's like dude, you don't have to use it, why the hell are you complaining? you simply just don't use it if you don't like it, yet your making it seem like your life depends on it by posting it in a forum on a single little **** problem.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
LOL....I feel your frustration, but calm down bro!!! I think the biggest plus of home is that we will be TROLL free. Because if you don't have a ps3....you can't get in.
mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts
[QUOTE="814StopsToday"]As much as I agree you can't really get mad at it as no-one's tried it, it isn't free, it's £4250rin
I honestly have to say that is the saddest attempt at either damage control/dramatization that I have ever seen. All these fanboys and PS3 haters use it. "That game isn't worth $600" "that isn't worth $600". If you don't think the PS3 is worth $500 - $600, then by all means, don't buy one. Stop trying so hard to convince others not to. Also, its only the PS3 that costs so much, not its games.

it's funny that ppl say $600 is a lot for a console and $400 is just right. The fact that you pay for online service negates the $200 difference. Overtime the ps3 is actually a cheaper solution because its free online service. Oh yeah, you get a blu-ray player for free.
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

The only problem with that is that the topic creator was talking about Home, which is FREE, not the system which it runs on.

According to your logic, it would cost someone a couple hundred dollars to play Runescape, as they need a PC and an internet connection.

And we all know that no one in their right mind buys a PC and subscribes to broadband just to play Runescape.

BlackIce77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlackIce77
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

2. what about sims? oh gimme a break. SO many people love these kind of games and STILL do. Think about it, in sims, u interact with the computer, in home, it's real people! yay...haha.

4. People say "screw that, ill juss actually go to a real movie theatre with my friends." Well, if you have friends or relatives online that are 100,000 miles away from you, could you still go to a real movie theatre? yah i guess not, Home it is!

of course you haters out there don't like the idea of home, but just stop hating, in the end, YOU KNOW that home will be a big hit for Sony.

tsr__

that is true the poeple that hate it dont own a ps3
814StopsToday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 814StopsToday

[QUOTE="814StopsToday"]As much as I agree you can't really get mad at it as no-one's tried it, it isn't free, it's £4250rin

Wowowowoah! when did I say a PS3 isn't worth £425, I've got mine pre-ordered, all I'm saying is you've bought into a service as agreed when you purchased a PS3 that the service would be upgraded, it seems reasonable to accept that part of the expense outlayed initially is to cover any software you receive at a later date. How is it that you can't have an opinion or point of view without someone bandying around word of the year 'fanboy' just to make themselves feel better about god knows what. It's a bloody games console, made by a company that cares very little about you as an individual, you don't need to defend them to the death

tsr__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tsr__

we used the word fanboy because stuff like this ^^ IS a fanboy comment

Game-o_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Game-o_O
Member since 2005 • 2275 Posts

[QUOTE="814StopsToday"]As much as I agree you can't really get mad at it as no-one's tried it, it isn't free, it's £425Xanog1

The only problem with that is that the topic creator was talking about Home, which is FREE, not the system which it runs on.

According to your logic, it would cost someone a couple hundred dollars to play Runescape, as they need a PC and an internet connection.

And we all know that no one in their right mind buys a PC and subscribes to broadband just to play Runescape.

Well uh, I guess I uh.. Am the first then -_-, JK lol.  I play RuneScape, I just started recently (for the first time).  It's a pretty fun "free" game.  Although the "this & that is for members" gets quite annoying.  I got like 3 other people to start playing with me last month.  All of them have subscribed to the game now lol.

Hey Xanog1, if you play;  Gamez0r Rs
I'm only like level 37 (since this message), I need to bring it up more x_x, oh I should comment on the Home service hmm.  It's free, & yes Nintendo fanboys have bashed it more then the 360 fanboys.  Go through and read the comments left in the articles, not the forums.  You'll notice pictures & names ;)

Respect?  That's a foriegn word to most of the forum posters on GS.  Saying that someone respects Sony Fanboys over a game is more like saying they 'need to'.  More like an insult, you might rouse some people with that comment.
lennygundam14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lennygundam14
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts

[QUOTE="0rin"][QUOTE="814StopsToday"]As much as I agree you can't really get mad at it as no-one's tried it, it isn't free, it's £425mushi799

it's funny that ppl say $600 is a lot for a console and $400 is just right. The fact that you pay for online service negates the $200 difference. Overtime the ps3 is actually a cheaper solution because its free online service. Oh yeah, you get a blu-ray player for free.

you dont get the blu-ray player for free, its just the cheapest and best blu-ray player in the Market today8), but yea ppl are dumb when they say iy isn't worth it.  I use my PS3 for lots of things... like, use linux on it....

---------------------

PSN ID: Mobius_124

mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

[QUOTE="mushi799"][QUOTE="0rin"][QUOTE="814StopsToday"]As much as I agree you can't really get mad at it as no-one's tried it, it isn't free, it's £425lennygundam14

you dont get the blu-ray player for free, its just the cheapest and best blu-ray player in the Market today8), but yea ppl are dumb when they say iy isn't worth it. I use my PS3 for lots of things... like, use linux on it....

---------------------

PSN ID: Mobius_124

hehehe i was being over dramatic :D
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts
[QUOTE="Xanog1"]

[QUOTE="814StopsToday"]As much as I agree you can't really get mad at it as no-one's tried it, it isn't free, it's £425Game-o_O

Well uh, I guess I uh.. Am the first then -_-, JK lol.  I play RuneScape, I just started recently (for the first time).  It's a pretty fun "free" game.  Although the "this & that is for members" gets quite annoying.  I got like 3 other people to start playing with me last month.  All of them have subscribed to the game now lol.

Hey Xanog1, if you play;  Gamez0r Rs
I'm only like level 37 (since this message), I need to bring it up more x_x, oh I should comment on the Home service hmm.  It's free, & yes Nintendo fanboys have bashed it more then the 360 fanboys.  Go through and read the comments left in the articles, not the forums.  You'll notice pictures & names ;)

Respect?  That's a foriegn word to most of the forum posters on GS.  Saying that someone respects Sony Fanboys over a game is more like saying they 'need to'.  More like an insult, you might rouse some people with that comment.

No, I don't play Runescape, as I usually don't play internet-based games unless they are puzzle games.

Anyways, yes, it is mostly Nintendo fanboys insulting Home, because, as usual, they can't accept the fact that Sony has something loosely related to a Nintendo service that is in turn based off of 10+ year old technology.

ANUBIS209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ANUBIS209
Member since 2005 • 258 Posts
i am for sure downloading this HOME
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts

"you can't get mad over something that's FREE" isnt entirely true. im pretty sure herpes is free but im not up for getting that :shock:

anyway home looks cool.

tsr__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tsr__

"you can't get mad over something that's FREE" isnt entirely true. im pretty sure herpes is free but im not up for getting that :shock:

anyway home looks cool.

Col_Swamp

LOL okok you got me there.....

Avatar image for BladeofImmortal
BladeofImmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BladeofImmortal
Member since 2004 • 382 Posts

The real funny thing is that they use it on almost everything Sony does. Blu-ray(not worth 600), MotorStorm(not worth 600), LittleBigPLanet(not worth 600),MGS4(Not worth 600), Home(not worth 600), and etc.(not worth 600). But you know, if you put everything they said wasn't worth 600 together, they would realize. ALL OF IT COMBINED IS WORTH 600 dollars.
814StopsToday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 814StopsToday

[QUOTE="0rin"][QUOTE="814StopsToday"]As much as I agree you can't really get mad at it as no-one's tried it, it isn't free, it's £425BladeofImmortal

The real funny thing is that they use it on almost everything Sony does. Blu-ray(not worth 600), MotorStorm(not worth 600), LittleBigPLanet(not worth 600),MGS4(Not worth 600), Home(not worth 600), and etc.(not worth 600). But you know, if you put everything they said wasn't worth 600 together, they would realize. ALL OF IT COMBINED IS WORTH 600 dollars.

No, LittleBigPlanet is worth £425 alone

Avatar image for BladeofImmortal
BladeofImmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BladeofImmortal
Member since 2004 • 382 Posts

No, LittleBigPlanet is worth £425 alone

814StopsToday
exactly, which is why all of it combined is even better than that.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts

anyway home looks cool.

Col_Swamp
But you can choose not to get Home while you can only try not to get herpes :D
azmatik8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 azmatik8
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
GO BUY A PS3 its sssssooooo worth it!!!!!! mine never even froze yet!!!! and 360's have been burning down houses LOL all 360 is is a upgrade of normal XBOX PS3 is NEW everything!!!! and its only 4 months old i remeber wen 360 came out the games wer gayyyyyy stop HATIN and Sh*t-up PS3 will triumph just wait a lil bit it just came out and 360s been out for like 2-3 years LOL and there just geting good games and graphics
bigredman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bigredman3000
Member since 2006 • 1935 Posts
[QUOTE="Game-o_O"][QUOTE="Xanog1"]

[QUOTE="814StopsToday"]As much as I agree you can't really get mad at it as no-one's tried it, it isn't free, it's £425Xanog1

Well uh, I guess I uh.. Am the first then -_-, JK lol. I play RuneScape, I just started recently (for the first time). It's a pretty fun "free" game. Although the "this & that is for members" gets quite annoying. I got like 3 other people to start playing with me last month. All of them have subscribed to the game now lol.

Hey Xanog1, if you play; Gamez0r Rs
I'm only like level 37 (since this message), I need to bring it up more x_x, oh I should comment on the Home service hmm. It's free, & yes Nintendo fanboys have bashed it more then the 360 fanboys. Go through and read the comments left in the articles, not the forums. You'll notice pictures & names ;)

Respect? That's a foriegn word to most of the forum posters on GS. Saying that someone respects Sony Fanboys over a game is more like saying they 'need to'. More like an insult, you might rouse some people with that comment.

No, I don't play Runescape, as I usually don't play internet-based games unless they are puzzle games.

Anyways, yes, it is mostly Nintendo fanboys insulting Home, because, as usual, they can't accept the fact that Sony has something loosely related to a Nintendo service that is in turn based off of 10+ year old technology.

its true I was on there Wii forum earlyer and they discuss how lame Home is and half of them agreed with the topic creater. weird thing is thats the 360 fanboys and fangirls on the 360 forum wasn't even talking about it. or maybe I just missed it.
DarkNeji14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 DarkNeji14
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts
i went on the M$ forums and alot of them were impressed with HOME and they said they might get a PS3 when Home comes out lol 360 trolls will be sleeping for a while
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Col_Swamp
[QUOTE="Col_Swamp"]

anyway home looks cool.

BenderUnit22

But you can choose not to get Home while you can only try not to get herpes :D

haha, yeah..that's true

steve_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 steve_89
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
i dont see a reasonable argument that could be presented against home.
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Col_Swamp

i went on the M$ forums and alot of them were impressed with HOME and they said they might get a PS3 when Home comes out lol 360 trolls will be sleeping for a whileDarkNeji14

ill believe that when i see it chief! it would be nice if the trolls took a break for a while.

acviper123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#33 acviper123
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

Im pretty excited about home.

Gerardo1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gerardo1963
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts
lol! As soon as u guys disagree with something, the first thing u do is assume hes a fanboy! Grow up! That fanboy crap is getting old and stupid!
akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
Sure you can. Fanboys will hate no m atter what, so there is no reason to try and defend it. Its pretty much a waste of time.
PSN:Meeks32
Gamers Game.....Fanboys Pick Sides....
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
lol i like it because we are starting to get things better than xbl but better.
cheezy909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 cheezy909
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts

Thats right. If you dont like it, DONT USE IT.

Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
then i guess nothings free because your gonna have to pay the electric bill myspace wouldnt be free (i hate myspace) youtube the internets wouldent be free because you would need to buy a computer
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts

[QUOTE="0rin"][QUOTE="814StopsToday"]As much as I agree you can't really get mad at it as no-one's tried it, it isn't free, it's £425814StopsToday

Wowowowoah! when did I say a PS3 isn't worth £425, I've got mine pre-ordered, all I'm saying is you've bought into a service as agreed when you purchased a PS3 that the service would be upgraded, it seems reasonable to accept that part of the expense outlayed initially is to cover any software you receive at a later date. How is it that you can't have an opinion or point of view without someone bandying around word of the year 'fanboy' just to make themselves feel better about god knows what. It's a bloody games console, made by a company that cares very little about you as an individual, you don't need to defend them to the death

Honestly, I wasn't necessarily referring to you directly. I was referring to the over-use of this "excuse". But I'm glad you feel the PS3 is worth every penny. (as I do too). I was merely stating how tired I am of people trying to throw the cost of the PS3 in with everything. Who the hell buys a $600 system just to play Motorstorm, or Home, or MGS4? only someone with some serious cash roll would do that. It's like they are trying to convey that you need a new PS3 to play every new game on the market. lol. But you must admit, your original post is very easy to mis-understand your motives. It could very well be interpreted as a fanboyish statement. And yes, that word (fanboy) is tossed around alot on the internet. But thats because there are so many fanboys on the internet. Even if you aren't a fanboy, you're like... an anti-fanboy fanboy :P Its like how people call atheism a religion. (Which in it's own is actually moot).
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#40 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
by that logic, electricity is hella expensive, since you need to buy all those devices that use electricity first. Or gas, since you first need a car
lil50cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 lil50cent
Member since 2003 • 2741 Posts
i agree with you
814StopsToday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 814StopsToday

[QUOTE="814StopsToday"]As much as I agree you can't really get mad at it as no-one's tried it, it isn't free, it's £425BenderUnit22
by that logic, electricity is hella expensive, since you need to buy all those devices that use electricity first. Or gas, since you first need a car

key word in your 'logic', NEED, you don't need Home to run a PS3, and I've already explained my reasoning behind my comments, it appears it's just easier for you kids to come to the conclusion someone is having 'a go' at your console of choice.