TLOU Seasons Pass for $19.99 Details inside.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ipumpmygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ipumpmygun
Member since 2007 • 456 Posts

The Last of Season Pass Includes 3 DLC Packs With More Story and More Maps for $19.99

May 28, 2013 Written by Jason Dunning

thelastofusscreenshotmay28th

Thanks to Shane, our The Last of Us tipster who gave us some details yesterday, we received a picture for the Season Pass of the game, giving us an overview of everything that we can expect for our $19.99:

thelastofusseasonpasspsls

In case the text is too small for you, the Season Pass includes 3 DLC packs totalling $30, and heres everything you can expect:

• More Story
  • More Maps
  • More of The Last of Us

Exclusive to the Season Pass:

• Increased Crafting Speed
  • Increased Healing Speed
  • 9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
  • Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade
  • Grounded 90 minute making of video

Well still let you know when the Season Pass is confirmed by Naughty Dog and Sony (in case some details change), but while you wait for that, we have more non-news regarding the still secret multiplayer.

Talking in the PS Blog comments section, Eric Monacelli, Community Strategist at Naughty Dog, revealed that the company has reasons for waiting when it comes to showing off the online portion. We have no idea what those reasons are, so feel free to have your assumptions heard in the comments section below.

The Last of Us releases on June 14th, with the demo inside God of War: Ascension unlocking this Friday.

Do you think the Season Pass is something youll buy right away for the boosts? Or are you going to wait and see what the DLC packs are before spending the money? Let us know in the comments.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#2 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I hate these Season Passes can't we just have normal extras.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Personally love Season Passes. I save money. Only have bought it for a few games. UC3 and BL2.

Edit: Meant 3 not 2 LOL

ipumpmygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ipumpmygun

Personally love Season Passes. I save money. Only have bought it for a few games. UC2 and BL2.

Terrencec06

I don't mind it actually. I have more then enough money saved to spend a little bit on the side.

With little money going to used games and due to pirace, I can understand why they do this. I can also understand why some other may NOT like it. Do what I do. Save your money or don't play the online portion of the game.

Keep in mind, Naughty Dog work very hard and their IP's are of the highest quality. Take a look at Uncharted 3 and how much it was supported with dlc. People asked for single player dlc in Uncharted 3; even though we didn't get it in that game, we have it in this game and people are crying about it. We have singleplayer dlc and multiplayer dlc, what more do people want?

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

People will always find a reason to complain. When it comes to Naughty Dog I don't worry much. They are too good.

ipumpmygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ipumpmygun

People will always find a reason to complain. When it comes to Naughty Dog I don't worry much. They are too good.

Terrencec06

I don't spend money that much anymore on games, so this is a must buy for me.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
welp................................... the U3 season pass was ok, expected more out of it. That one was $25 tho. I'll probably get it for TLoU, even tho I have no idea waht the multiplayer is like. Its amazng how they want you to buy an online pass, but havent even talked about the multiplayer at all, not even a screenshot has been leaked.
Outsider-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Outsider-G
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts

923085_10151470043463918_1413856974_n.jp.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
I always pass on season passes. They only save you money if you intended to buy every little piece of DLC in the first place. I've yet to see a game where I wanted all the DLC. And there's always the chance that a season pass promises all this cool DLC and you end up with one or two cool things and then a whole lot of junk (Saint's Row the Third).
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
I still can't believe they're putting multiplayer in this game. the fact that they haven't even talked about it is kinda telling imo. I might get the single player dlc, no chance on the multiplayer tho
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
I still can't believe they're putting multiplayer in this game. the fact that they haven't even talked about it is kinda telling imo. I might get the single player dlc, no chance on the multiplayer thoAJC3317
They claim the MP is unlike anything else and is supposedly the best ever. Here's the only way I can see that being true: a group of, say, thirty players are sprinkled throughout a world with limited supplies and endless waves of infected. The goal is to be the last man standing. In order to do this, you need to form alliances with other survivors to work together or kill them to steal their supplies so that you can survive the onslaught. If you just kill everyone you meet, though, your chances or survival are dreadfully thin. So it's best to team up, scavenge, and ration out whatever you find. Then fight the infected to the death. Personally, I think that would indeed be the best multiplayer mode ever. But if it's just some dumb team deathmatch where one team plays as the infected, I surely won't even bother playing it.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'll play through the game normally first, and then if it's as good as I'm hoping it to be, I'll buy the season pass.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm geting the season pass.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#14 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I wouldn't have anything against it if it weren't for the single player "upgrades". I don't think you should have any sort of extra help in a game just for shelling out more money. I'll wait until I play the game before even thinking about the season pass, especially with the multiplayer. I don't care too much for multiplayer, but if it really is something fun and unique, I may consider the season pass given one of the DLCs will be single player. Of course season passes are always risky since you're paying for something without knowing exactly what it is.
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts

Multiplayer has the potential to be something special, like if theres an "Infected" mode where survivors have to fight against the Clickers and when they die they join them. I love that kind of mode, can get real intense if done right! Most people will jump on the MP hating bandwagon but I will at least see what its like first. 

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#16 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'll play through the game normally first, and then if it's as good as I'm hoping it to be, I'll buy the season pass.

Bigboi500

Same

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

The season pass for Uncharted 3 was a big waste of money. Most of it wasn't the DLC I was expecting, but a bunch of items to customize your character with and old maps from Uncharted 2 :/ I don't even know how the multiplayer will be. If it's like Uncharted 3 which was full of insta-killing annoyances like the instant RPG and contact explosive grenades, count me out. The multiplayer was fun, but I got out of it because the constant one hit kills destroyed the fun fast.

JoeGamer1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JoeGamer1234
Member since 2013 • 68 Posts

I was just discussing this on another forum and the consensus is that Season Passes are a joke. As aforementioned if you intend to have every piece of DLC that comes out for a game than it's surely the way to go to save a little dough, but what's the point really? The DLC SHOULD be free by consumer standpoint. You are already spending a small fortune on a new game and having to pay nearly half the price again for digital content seems pretty unfair by business practices. It's like having a warranty. I pay the price for a new television and it's covered under manufacturer warranty by default for a year. They don't expect me to pay even more should something go wrong (by manufacturer standards) within the alotted time. So using this logic why in the hell should I have to pay for more when I'm already paying full retail for what's supposed to be a complete game. It's to expand the longevity of a game and I get it, but why should I have to pay for the extra shit when it's already contracted to be done to begin with. That's like taking a piece of pie, giving someone the crust, but then charging them extra for the filling. And to use the whole "well it pays the salary of the employees who maintain the online" or whatever bullshit is exactly that. They're already getting paid just for making the game and it's their job to continue the support of said game. Why can a game like Minecraft have free DLC but nothing else can?

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Lol that you pay for a "making of" video. So often season passes are full of useless shit. More story or GTFO, the rest is garbage.