Time to get a new game tomorrow. Help needed!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 NinthFall
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

Hi there. :)

So here's the deal. I've been rushing AC games ever since I played through AC4: Black Flag on my PS4, which is also the first AC game I completed. After that I've finished all AC games, except for AC3, which I'm going to complete today (on memory 8 atm).

I feel like I've played them a little too much, but Unity is something I've been waiting for. Now though, for the negative reviews I'm getting mixed feelings. I've watched some streaming on Twitch and still cannot make up my mind. I really kind of want the game, but why does it get so bad reviews? What's the problems with the FPS? Help me out.

So, if AC: Unity does not really suit for me now, I have other options. One of them is COD: Advanced Warfare, BUT that game looks WAY too similar to Destiny, which I already have. Is it though?

And Shadow of Mordor... looks fun, but Unity kinda looks more fun.

Which game to get?

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@NinthFall: Man I really want to help you. I tried to respond twice on my iphone 6 plus and the crap froze on me after almost finishing posting. Maybe I just badly want to warn you. I rented it on redbox and it starts out pretty good after 2 hrs now I am a assassin after initiation. Go to polygon podcast and listen to the reviewer comments on why it got a 6.5 My first AC game black flag was cool but repetitious after awhile just like I heard this will be later on in the story missions. The game looks gorgeous but does suffer frame rate issues but not bad so far. I heard that the frame rate issues continue throughout the entire game and effect gameplay.

Tonight I will play co op before returning the game. I will pass on it since I probably will get back GTA 5 on ps4 and LBP 3 and maybe get drive club back again since I am convinced its the best ps4 racer out for my taste. I am sure horizon is great and all but not willing to buy xbox one to find out. I posted on my thread how the crew plays like crap. Ok back to subject. I read co op is nice but confined and you don't have the option to free roam but stick only directly to the mission. The story in Unity is also not good according to the reviews and is disappointing. I am glad a rented it just to see for myself but next yr I will pass on AC. I am sure the game will wow people with the amount of dense AI npc's which do look great and astound you the way they converse with one another. I just think the mechanics of parkouring has issues which I did get stuck jumping during a mission. I just think AC unity is a pretty game that is not finished and should have been delayed like all these other games have done lately. Of course, a patch could possibly fix PS4 lackluster frame rate but I want wait around to find out. AC unity will make money irregardless what reviews say just based on the bombardment of impressive advertising.

IF AC unity was given more time and more polished it has great potential other than the story that seem to flop according to most reviewers.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I do understand that certain persons are in position to try the game before it´s released ( like the Gamespot crew ) but the rest everyday ordinary Joe that has to wait like us makes me wonder how is it possible to "know" such much about and criticize a game that ( in this case AC Unity ) was just released yesterday.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ewalthour

@raugutcon: what are you taliking about? If you are referring to me I told you how long I played etc. the game might be great to you but if the giuy is on the fense about buying the game I am just giving my 2 cents if my initial impressions. I am helping out and giving him heads up.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@ewalthour said:

@raugutcon: what are you taliking about? If you are referring to me I told you how long I played etc. the fans might be great to you but if the giuy is on the fense about buying the game I am just giving my 2 cents if my initial impressions. I am helping out and giving him heads up.

Chill out dude nobody is talking about you.

I´m talking about this:

"Now though, for the negative reviews I'm getting mixed feelings. I've watched some streaming on Twitch and still cannot make up my mind. I really kind of want the game, but why does it get so bad reviews?"

Who makes this reviews ? who has played a game that hasn´t even been released and says the game is not good and gives bad reviews ?

At least you have already begun to play the game.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ewalthour

@raugutcon: it's cool but you were very vague as to what you were talking about.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Unity looks like crap to me. If you still think it looks good after all the negative stuff people have pointed out about it (buggy as hell, low FPS, not-so-special gameplay), then you should probably get it because clearly you're an AC fanboy who doesn't really care.

Otherwise, I vote "none of the above" and wait for Far Cry 4.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ewalthour

@KHAndAnime: I saw gamespot video on the bugs and a YouTube video also with a barrage of footage with glitches. Honestly I didn't see these notorious bugs other than the normal pop in of npc's and not a entire crowd but a gradual npc one at a time from a distance popping in. I played over 4 hr before returning my redbox rental. A lot of these type bugs can get fixed with a patch. I am sure you guys read about how evil within had horrific frame rate on day one got a huge patch that fix that for the most part. I also didn't see huge drops in frame rate. I played online in co op and actual had fun. I am not saying I plan to buy the game unless there will be some major fixes. I am sure if I played more I would see some major problems.

It's a shame how these come out undone and still charge $60 bucks. Now I see why so many games are getting delayed. The unfortunate problem is games like driveclub and watchdogs were pushed back and still felt unfinished.

Im not a AC fan and tried it for the first time with black flag. I know comments are related to the guy who made the thread but just wanted to clarify. I was done with AC after black flag but the co op was intriguing to want to try it again. By the way, online was very smooth and no glitches. It didn't feel like I was eve online with the smooth transition from offline. So I can't rag on the game but my greatest fear would be the game will get boring quickly and co op has to be played with others that work well together. My first try In co op wasn't fun because people were playing for themselves. The fun came when people played the right way.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Are you a Assassins creed fan? Then get unity. If you can wait,, just get Far cry 4 on Tuesday.

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NinthFall

Here's the thing. I like Assassin's Creed and it's just that I've maybe played them all through a little too fast. I mean, I guess I've had a little too much of Assassin's Creed. However, I just kind of can't make up my mind with Unity. I like it, but bad reviews? Then again, it seems there's good reviews out as well. I'm not a fanboy who would simply ignore all the flaws, but if there aren't that many flaws really kind of stopping you from enjoying the game overall, then I can find myself enjoying it.

However, I've really never been a COD player, but I'd really like to have one. And Advanced Warfare did get better reviews and people seem to have more fun with it than the few previous COD's, so I was thinking this could be it for me.

Oh and Far Cry 4 seems fun too, but I've only recently begun Far Cry 3, and I'd like to finish that on my PC before I continue to the 4th.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ewalthour

@NinthFall: like I said rent AC unity and far cry. If your'e into the story mission then you are getting about 7 hrs gameplay from COD AW. I liked it and skipped ghost based on user and fans site reviews. COD AW is just a nice bit size slice and then it's off to multiplayer which I never loved their multiplayer. I think you will like unity and co op it is fun. I know COD AW has co op but I doubt that it insist you stick together like unity does. You will get a onscreen que everytime you get too far away from your assassin brothers. I love cooperate gameplay where there is more satifaction achieving your goals together.

I just read this morning that bugs and frame rate will get a patch for unity.

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NinthFall

@ewalthour: There's no option in my city to rent a game and I doubt theres one in my country either, lol, at least I never heard of one. Perhaps there is, but not in my city.

So, I kind of got to go with what I buy. Of course I could return the game I bought to a shop we have here, but that'd make me lose like 50% of the cash I paid for the game, so I prefer to keep all games I buy until they've dusted in the shelf for like years.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ewalthour

@NinthFall: @NinthFall:

Ok, so you are welcome with me giving all my advice and not once have you thank me. I am a big stickler when people aren't appreciative. I have continued to give you sound advice from someone who has played the game and gave you a lot of information when I don't have to be bothered.

You may not realize it but its a pet peeve when I help people(specially people I don't know) and they don't show appreciation.

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NinthFall

@ewalthour: What the hell?

jakesnakeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 jakesnakeel
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts

@NinthFall said:

@ewalthour: What the hell?

haha! didn't you know about his pet peeve? Now thank the man.. or.. else...

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts

Just keep playing Destiny :) Far Cry 4 and The Evil Within look outstanding too. Those are my next two purchases during the Holidays.