Thinking of getting a PSP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brood_aliance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 brood_aliance
Member since 2004 • 1005 Posts

I did want a PSP before launch, but then I betrayed it and actually got a DS. I do love my DS, but i want an mp3 player and a video player. So I want a PSP not just for games, but also for music. Ive heard the music player sucks. But the games for the PSP look more for me.

What awesome shooter games are out there, with tons of people playing them?
Does the PSP work with ITunes or Windows Media Player?
When do you think the next price drop will happen?

Any help would be awesome!

sal_stinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sal_stinger
Member since 2004 • 778 Posts

Really good shooting games are;

-Metal Gear Solid : Portable Ops

-Socom 1+2

-Killzone: Liberation

-Medal Of Honor

- And soon to come out Battle Front!

All of the games listed aboveallow you to play online.

0N1_L3G3ND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 0N1_L3G3ND
Member since 2004 • 1046 Posts

I did want a PSP before launch, but then I betrayed it and actually got a DS. I do love my DS, but i want an mp3 player and a video player. So I want a PSP not just for games, but also for music. Ive heard the music player sucks. But the games for the PSP look more for me.

What awesome shooter games are out there, with tons of people playing them?
Does the PSP work with ITunes or Windows Media Player?
When do you think the next price drop will happen?

Any help would be awesome!

brood_aliance

The guy above me stated all the good shooters.  For the PSP it makes music transfer easier than using a program, just put the music on your computer, and then drag the music folder to your PSP is all it really is.  And the PSP just had a price drop actually, its currently 169.99 US. 

justin4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 justin4444
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
oh men, you like an mp3 player? DS Lite will be having flash cards in either the 2 slots. I think its up to 2mb or 4mb memory. It can play media files and mp3 files, you can also put DS games on it. Goodluck.
justin4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 justin4444
wtf did i said? uhm i mean 2G and 4G memory by a micro SD inserted to the flash card (DS SIze).. lol . sorry for my mistake
jasonbesto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 jasonbesto
Member since 2007 • 754 Posts
Get the PSP! No one regrets it! Except for DS lovers.
Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts

Get the PSP! No one regrets it! Except for DS lovers.jasonbesto

Agreed, except not all ds lovers don't like the psp. I love my ds and my psp :) 

sal_stinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sal_stinger
Member since 2004 • 778 Posts

Eh? Those kind of people exist? Hard to believe.

So you would choose PSP over DS? =) 

Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts
I use my psp more than my DS, because I have more games for it, but I don't compare them that much since they're both completly different.
greekboy1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 greekboy1981
Member since 2005 • 481 Posts
DS=Cheap Toy for kiddies, PSP=The Ultimate Gaming Port Machine EVER! Get One Now! I have two PSP's!!!
brood_aliance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 brood_aliance
Member since 2004 • 1005 Posts

oh men, you like an mp3 player? DS Lite will be having flash cards in either the 2 slots. I think its up to 2mb or 4mb memory. It can play media files and mp3 files, you can also put DS games on it. Goodluck.justin4444

I have one, but it isn't good for playing music and movies. Anyways should't say any more.

BTW, it is $200 CAD (im not really willing to pay that much).  I may be able to get a PSP for $150 off craigslist 

jasonbesto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 jasonbesto
Member since 2007 • 754 Posts

Let's just say DS and PSP are EQUAL! Both has ups and downs. Both are fun and sometimes frustrating.

VIDEO GAMES RULE!!! 

justin4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 justin4444

DS=Cheap Toy for kiddies, PSP=The Ultimate Gaming Port Machine EVER! Get One Now! I have two PSP's!!!greekboy1981

Have you played/held a DS/Lite? lol.

PSP and DS are great hand-held systems. But the problem for PSP is almost all the games are PORTs. You can play that games on ps2 in different version. But the difference is its portable so you can bring and play it anywhere, anytime.

Avatar image for Xx_King_Beef_xX
Xx_King_Beef_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xx_King_Beef_xX
Member since 2005 • 591 Posts

[QUOTE="greekboy1981"]DS=Cheap Toy for kiddies, PSP=The Ultimate Gaming Port Machine EVER! Get One Now! I have two PSP's!!!justin4444

PSP and DS are great hand-held systems. But the problem for PSP is almost all the games are PORTs. You can play that games on ps2 in different version. But the difference is its portable so you can bring and play it anywhere, anytime.

Greekboy has admitted time and time again that he is a PSP fanboy.

That's fine with me.

I love the PSP and when I had my DS I loved it too.

My personal opinion was that I enjoyed the PSP more, personally. That's why I sold my DS.

This isn't about which system is is better (They both have their positives and negatives)

If you are going to argue about which system is better, then you need to take the trip to system wars.

The only thing that I can say for the topic creator is that you need to do a little research and figure out for yourself.

Any answer that you get from anybody other than yourself is going to be biased.

When it comes down to is... Listen to yourself... Not anybody else.

Got_Made

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Got_Made
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
[QUOTE="justin4444"]

[QUOTE="greekboy1981"]DS=Cheap Toy for kiddies, PSP=The Ultimate Gaming Port Machine EVER! Get One Now! I have two PSP's!!!Xx_King_Beef_xX

Greekboy has admitted time and time again that he is a PSP fanboy.

That's fine with me.

My personal opinion was that I enjoyed the PSP more, personally. That's why I sold my DS.

This isn't about which system is is better (They both have their positives and negatives)

If you are going to argue about which system is better, then you need to take the trip to system wars.

The only thing that I can say for the topic creator is that you need to do a little research and figure out for yourself.

Well said .

justin4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 justin4444
[QUOTE="Xx_King_Beef_xX"][QUOTE="justin4444"]

[QUOTE="greekboy1981"]DS=Cheap Toy for kiddies, PSP=The Ultimate Gaming Port Machine EVER! Get One Now! I have two PSP's!!!Got_Made

Greekboy has admitted time and time again that he is a PSP fanboy.

That's fine with me.

Well said .

[QUOTE="Xx_King_Beef_xX"][QUOTE="justin4444"]

[QUOTE="greekboy1981"]DS=Cheap Toy for kiddies, PSP=The Ultimate Gaming Port Machine EVER! Get One Now! I have two PSP's!!!Got_Made

That's fine with me.

Well said .

ok. sorry for that :) 

Avatar image for Xx_King_Beef_xX
Xx_King_Beef_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xx_King_Beef_xX
Member since 2005 • 591 Posts
[QUOTE="Got_Made"][QUOTE="Xx_King_Beef_xX"][QUOTE="justin4444"]

[QUOTE="greekboy1981"]DS=Cheap Toy for kiddies, PSP=The Ultimate Gaming Port Machine EVER! Get One Now! I have two PSP's!!!justin4444

That's fine with me.

Well said .

lol. I wasn't actually referring to you when I was talking about making the trip to system wars. I was talking about greekboy and his narrow-minded opinion. :P

justin4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 justin4444
[QUOTE="justin4444"][QUOTE="Got_Made"][QUOTE="Xx_King_Beef_xX"][QUOTE="justin4444"]

[QUOTE="greekboy1981"]DS=Cheap Toy for kiddies, PSP=The Ultimate Gaming Port Machine EVER! Get One Now! I have two PSP's!!!Xx_King_Beef_xX

That's fine with me.

Well said .

lol. I wasn't actually referring to you when I was talking about making the trip to system wars. I was talking about greekboy and his narrow-minded opinion. :P

I thought you addressed it to me. ok fine

rizla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 rizla2007
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts

you should get a PSP, its way better than a ds, i own a PSP.

its great!

it has everything you need, a dvd player, mp3 player, you name it! :D

justin4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 justin4444

you should get a PSP, its way better than a ds, i own a PSP.

its great!

it has everything you need, a dvd player, mp3 player, you name it! :D

rizla2007

:D

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts

Well, I'll tell you something, I don't have a PS2 and I'm just fine with my PSP so stop ****ing calling the games ports, they're sequels 

justin4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 justin4444
[QUOTE="justin4444"]

[QUOTE="greekboy1981"]DS=Cheap Toy for kiddies, PSP=The Ultimate Gaming Port Machine EVER! Get One Now! I have two PSP's!!!nevereathim

Well, I'll tell you something, I don't have a PS2 and I'm just fine with my PSP so stop ****ing calling the games ports, they're sequels

I have a ps2 and i've played some psp games from my cousin and i totally can say that some of those games are ports. Don't argue anymore about it because its true.