Thinking about switching from 360 to PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeadSoulKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DeadSoulKing
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts
I have a 360 at the moment, but the PS3's features like Built-In WiFi and its superior tech and its future games are enticing me to buy it. Of course, I need to build up enough money first. I need non-fanboy opinions, please.
BabblePhish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BabblePhish
Member since 2003 • 455 Posts
What opinions would you want from us that couldn't be construed as bias?
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

most important question

why do you want one? are there any ps exclusives are there you want to play?

DeadSoulKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DeadSoulKing
I would just like some honest opinions.
Theibault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Theibault
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
I have both consoles. The 360 def has more games, but I like my PS3 more. I also love the Blu-Ray on the PS3. The PS3 also is more refined to me. I like the cross menu bar better than the blades on the 360. I love that I can set wallpapers now, and I can't wait for home.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11792 Posts

I have a 360 at the moment, but the PS3's features like Built-In WiFi and its superior tech and its future games are enticing me to buy it. Of course, I need to build up enough money first. I need non-fanboy opinions, please.DeadSoulKing

i own both a ps3 and a 360 elite, why switch from 360 to ps3, that would be a stupid move and so would it be vice versa, you already have a 360, so just get a ps3 and have both and enjoy both, no need to follow all these fanboy lambs being led to the slaughter. enjoy both systems for both have a great future planned for them..

Caduceus06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Caduceus06
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts

Let's not forget, if you're going to play in subzero temperatures or in a desert at 110+ degrees farenheit, the PS3 is for you.

PS3 Vault Temperature Test
DeadSoulKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DeadSoulKing
I want one for the features, technology, free online, games like MGS4, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Killzone 2, and others.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lach0121

I want one for the features, technology, free online, games like MGS4, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Killzone 2, and others.DeadSoulKing

the get it and set it right beside your 360, and enjoy both, because when you get a new 360 game in you'll be like hmm ps3 can rest for a little while. and when you get a new ps3 game in hmm 360 can rest for a little while, while you have enjoyed gamming in a whole.

notoriousmatty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 notoriousmatty
Member since 2004 • 470 Posts
Next summer it would be a better purchase, xbox is just a better system right now. Im making the opposite switch from ps3 to 360, while im worried it will break there is now awarranty, Ill be getting my ps3 again, next year.
SiiSsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 SiiSsy
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
I have a 360 at the moment, but the PS3's features like Built-In WiFi and its superior tech and its future games are enticing me to buy it. Of course, I need to build up enough money first. I need non-fanboy opinions, please.DeadSoulKing
I would wait until after chritmas.
_Fabrick_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _Fabrick_
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts
Don't, keep the 360, and save up for the ps3. The 360 is better now, with the better gaming line-up for 2007 and the ps3 is better in 2008. Both will be great.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lach0121

Don't, keep the 360, and save up for the ps3. The 360 is better now, with the better gaming line-up for 2007 and the ps3 is better in 2008. Both will be great._Fabrick_

thank you someone that agrees, keep both of them, both will have a great future, and the 360 has a great present. no need to get rid of it.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

Does not affect me if you switch over or not. Obviously you've got your reasons to want to switch over. Whatever those reason are, I don't want to know. imo, Switch over whenever you are ready.

BabblePhish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BabblePhish
Member since 2003 • 455 Posts

Well I will put as honest opinion on the system that I can.

When I first bought the system I was a little disapointed(I bought it at full price $599 USD for 80gig). It just felt like a flashy faster ps2. But the progress that SONY has made since then is very nice. They have been living up to thier word on functionality. It might not be as fast as everyone likes but it is still hapening. They recently made it so you can access the XMB(cross media bar)while playing music or surfing the web. This means that you can surf the web and listen to clean* music at the same time. So it is in the stars to access the XMB from games. This will lead to checking who is online while in a game, and the game that they are playing. Recieving and giving IM during games will aslo be capable. This is all for no charge I remind you.

Now on to games. I own EA's NBA homecourt, Rainbow Six: Vegas, and Ninja Gaiden: Sigma. I think Ninja Gaiden is a very good first-gen game for the PS3. Homecourt would have to get a "mleh". The game is real smooth and the player motions look really good, but I have never like many basketball games. All though the game does remind me of NBA JAM. And there hasn't been a good basketball game since then, IMHO. Rainbow Six would also get a "mleh". The game looks sharp(if you run it in 720p). But the game is still lacking something to distinguish it apart from other FPS when online. The constant open mics and bad support for blu-tooth doesn't help either.

After playing some games that use the SIXAXIS other than a novelty make if fun. In some games if almost feels like extra buttons. The game that I really enjoy SIXAXIS on isBLAST FACTOR.

I haven't had any problems from my PS3 either. I use it to charge up my iPOD all the time and fold a lot, so my system hardly shuts off. It really never seems to get to hot. Naturally the air blowing out of the ps3 is hot, but it never seems to make the case warm, so the air flow is good.

All in all, I feel it was worth the cash. With new content and firmware updates coming fairly often lately it makes it fun to tinker with the system.

EDIT: I am very excited about MGS4.

*clean refers to the sound clarity of the music, not lyrics.

Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shinedown220
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts

Here's a list of PS3 exclusives- Haze and Unreal Tournament 3 exclusive this year.

Resistance: Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, SuperStardust HD, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Socom: Confrontation, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Killzone 2, LittleBigplanet, Infamous, Africa, Eight Days, Everyday Shooter, Gran Turismo 5, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Heavy Rain, L.A. Noire, R*'s other PS3 exclusive, Metal Gear Online, Home(Not really a game, but), The Getaway, TheAgency, Echochrome, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, White Knight Story, Eye of Judgement.

Not to be biased, but I know about these games because I'm a huge Playstation fan. I could give you some 360 exclusives, but not nearly as many.

Th3James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Th3James
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

dude the 360 has some killer games comin out

dude the ps3 has some killer games comin out

that equals= get both so u can play all awsome games

bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts

Next summer it would be a better purchase, xbox is just a better system right now. Im making the opposite switch from ps3 to 360, while im worried it will break there is now awarranty, Ill be getting my ps3 again, next year.notoriousmatty

correction... it has better games right now... it is not the better system,,, and sadly... more then likely ur system will fail...

xeon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xeon71
Member since 2005 • 208 Posts
I was a faithful 360 user but once i got to my third 360 I said forget it. I switched to PS3 and it was the best decision I've ever made.
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts
dont trade ur 360, but i would reccomend both. As a ps3 owner , especially after this madden crap, and ubisoft issues, i cant reccomend this system yet.
Shaqneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Shaqneel
Member since 2006 • 1413 Posts
I want one for the features, technology, free online, games like MGS4, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Killzone 2, and others.DeadSoulKing
Well those are all great reasons to get a ps3. It's really a great system, very reliable in features and hardware. The online considering it's free is very reliable and provides all the basic features you would want, though you may miss some features like ingame chats and cross game invites from xbox live. However, as for your 360, from the topic title it seems like you may want to sell which depending on your game preferences, is not the best idea right now. The 360 has some of it's best games i.e Mass Effect, Bioshock and Halo 3 coming out this holiday season, so unless none of said games interest you then it may be wise to keep your 360 and save up for a ps3. That doesn't mean the ps3 doesn't have any great games coming out this holiday. From your list Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, and Lair are all coming out this holiday season. If you don't want to miss out on some of the big 360 titles this year, then you may just want to keep your 360 and save up to have both. If you're done with your 360 and no realy future games interest you, then by all means the ps3 is a great system and would be a worthy investment.
jonnyglitch8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 jonnyglitch8
Member since 2005 • 2530 Posts

dude the 360 has some killer games comin out

dude the ps3 has some killer games comin out

that equals= get both so u can play all awsome games

Th3James

listen to this guy get both

honestly this year is the best for 360 but next year ps3 willl come into power with some of the greatest gaes dont get me wrong 360 will still have some games coming out but not like mgs4 or killzone2

azimiballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 azimiballer
Member since 2007 • 1107 Posts
ur making a rite decision.. hope u enjoy it when u get it.
Tom_Brady860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tom_Brady860
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts

[QUOTE="DeadSoulKing"]I have a 360 at the moment, but the PS3's features like Built-In WiFi and its superior tech and its future games are enticing me to buy it. Of course, I need to build up enough money first. I need non-fanboy opinions, please.Lach0121

i own both a ps3 and a 360 elite, why switch from 360 to ps3, that would be a stupid move and so would it be vice versa, you already have a 360, so just get a ps3 and have both and enjoy both, no need to follow all these fanboy lambs being led to the slaughter. enjoy both systems for both have a great future planned for them..

what he said

Th3James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Th3James
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

[QUOTE="notoriousmatty"]Next summer it would be a better purchase, xbox is just a better system right now. Im making the opposite switch from ps3 to 360, while im worried it will break there is now awarranty, Ill be getting my ps3 again, next year.bluezclue

correction... it has better games right now... it is not the better system,,, and sadly... more then likely ur system will fail...

nooo the wii is gonna fail!

Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts
MGS4 is a good reason and you should also love the new Socom games if you're into shooters.
bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
oh yea... sorry i didnt mention to get both i just really dont like the 360 system itself.. i been on my 3rd one and it hasnt even been 1 year.. and this one is starting to mess up....but yea.... just add 2 years to the 3 yr warranty and ur good... the games are gonna be great for both
jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts
i like my ps3 because of the mult media stuff and of course the upcoming titles. But if you need to sell ur 360 do it, if not then keep it and save up for a ps3. By the time there are really good games this christmas, you will have the money or close to it
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

Don't switch, get both. Do not just strict yourself to 1/3 of all games coming out.

ps3-4-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ps3-4-life
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

trade in ur 360 & get a ps3 trust me. just cuz its 600 its an investment & u dont have 2 worry about it breaking down every 6 months. after halo 3 & mass effect wat else can really blow ur mind on a 360?? ps3 has so many hits coming.. so do da right thing & get a ps3

snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts

looks like you convinced yourself

biggamerhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#32 biggamerhk
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
GET ONE IMMEDIATELY!!!
aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
I'd say keep the 360 and wait until you have enough for the PS3. Both have their ups and downs. Right now the 360's ups out weighs PS3's ups IMO.
Truf89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 Truf89
Member since 2006 • 4680 Posts
I say get one now. More and more 360's are dying.A couple of my friends had theirs die not to long ago.
Avatar image for thetombradyhate
thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 thetombradyhate
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
I think the PS3 is better. Just look at the top exclusives for 07/early 08. 360 has: Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo 3 (which is overated), and a few other minor ones (PGR4 is the only game that comes to mind). PS3 has: Lair, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Unreal Tournament 3, Haze, LittleBigPlanet, Home, Socom, Unchartered, MGS4, and Killzone 2 though that won't be out for a while.
Gameslayer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 Gameslayer3
Member since 2006 • 19915 Posts
i say keep your 360 but thats just me. who cares about hardware? i have a wii and don't mind and i think 360 has WAY better games coming out BUT if you like the games for the ps3 coming out mpre than get that. (yes i am NOT a fanboy)
nish2280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nish2280
Member since 2006 • 489 Posts

[QUOTE="DeadSoulKing"]I want one for the features, technology, free online, games like MGS4, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Killzone 2, and others.Lach0121

the get it and set it right beside your 360, and enjoy both, because when you get a new 360 game in you'll be like hmm ps3 can rest for a little while. and when you get a new ps3 game in hmm 360 can rest for a little while, while you have enjoyed gamming in a whole.

i agree, i have a ps3 and im gunna buy 360 jus because ps3 has almost no racing games or any multiplayer games ( as in split screen). and that doesnt mean i sellin my ps3 to get the 360

armedanddeadly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 armedanddeadly
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts
Dude i would be careful who you listen to there are a lot of biased people on this thread. just listen to the ones that say get both. they are both amazing systems that have there strengths and weaknesses just get both.
soldier1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 soldier1993
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts
good move
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lach0121

trade in ur 360 & get a ps3 trust me. just cuz its 600 its an investment & u dont have 2 worry about it breaking down every 6 months. after halo 3 & mass effect wat else can really blow ur mind on a 360?? ps3 has so many hits coming.. so do da right thing & get a ps3

ps3-4-life

lol i can name one off the top of my head that will not be going to the ps3.. and that is huxley onlyon 360, (and pc ofcourse). that game will freaking rock, so like i said in earlier posts their are more than enough reasons to keep both...

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts
I would just like some honest opinions.DeadSoulKing
Over time, PS3 just gets better and better. And that's honest.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lach0121

[QUOTE="DeadSoulKing"]I would just like some honest opinions.gizmo_logix
Over time, PS3 just gets better and better. And that's honest.

honestly they both will get better and better. i mean the 360 still has some great things planned for it, after halo and mass effect... here is a few for example that are not multiplatform, a sequel to gears of war, and huxley.. and banjo three.

and i agree that the ps3 will start picking up momentum this holiday season, but it wont pick up as much as maybe next year, but i look forward to it, for i own both a 360 elite and a ps3.

laryjajou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 laryjajou
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
well its up to you u cant ask people for wat sytem is better because thats thier option but i had a 360 and i sold it because the games they make for it arent super amazing and plus y would i spend $ 70.00 a year for online wen i can play ps3 online wen its almost the same im not a hater i just dont like the 360 wen i got my ps3 i had fun with it but im sorta bored because of resistence the game is fun but after a while it just starts getting repataive so cant wait for the new ps3 games MGS4 mostly