The two console versions of the new GTA game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shadowhawk2606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Shadowhawk2606
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts

360 and PS3 owners, I'm really interested to know exactly how many of you plan to buy the 360 version of GTA 4 now that it's official that that version will have exclusive down-loadable content. I know that with this news that PS3 haters will probably be jumping all over the system, if they haven't started already. I'm really curious to know though, exactly how much of a blow this will be to the PS3 if itdoesn't get down-loadable content of it's for the PS3 version of GTA 4. I wouldn't be surprised if some people actually cancelled there pre orders for the PS3 version of the game, and pre orderd the 360 version the minute this news broke. As it stands right now the 360 version looks like the better one. Of course that can change if the PS3 version eventually winds up with downloadable content of it's own, but of course only time will tell.

istayonfireboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 istayonfireboy
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts
not that big because 360 owners have to wait for theirs dlc. by the time they get it gta4 will be played out but im getting the ps3 version because i love ps like that. people just make a big deal out of stupid stuff
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts

remember it says DOWNLOADABLE content

they can always just throw it on the disk and say it is not downloadable

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

There are so many other reasons to get one over the other like rumble, achievements, custom soundtracks, Live and so on. I don't think DLC is such a deciding factor.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

There are so many other reasons to get one over the other like rumble, achievements, custom soundtracks, Live and so on. I don't think DLC is such a deciding factor.

Deihmos

yes deihmos, we all know you like your 360 more than ps3

krn_jpn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 krn_jpn
Member since 2005 • 93 Posts
omg another topic to start a console war. I dont care, I just want to play good games. I dont want to pay more for a game that I already had to pay for with downloadable content whether it be on xbox or ps3.
slikonebtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slikonebtz
Member since 2005 • 1082 Posts

il be getting it on the ps3, i just prefer the ps3 its better in everyway for what i use it for. as for downloadable content well the game is huuuuuge anyway so...who cares realy? :S most people wont even doeverything thatcomes on the disc!

marcandrer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marcandrer
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts

Deihmos

Live ? is there an online mode on GTA4 ?
Achivements, ps3 will have trophies in Home.
Rumble, if we're lucky ps3 will have rumble AND motion sensing
Custom soundtrack, who needs them with the always awesome GTA soundtracks

so with the exception of DLC which like you said is not that big of a deal, there's not realy any difference between the 2 versions.

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

dstryr13

Exactly.

Shadowhawk2606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shadowhawk2606

Dude give me a break, I'm not trying to start anything. I just wanted to see how people felt about this subject.

bgj887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bgj887
Member since 2003 • 643 Posts
i will be getting it for ps3, other than the downloadable content (which we dont know about yet) it'll be the same game so i dont really mind
Shadowhawk2606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shadowhawk2606
That's so true about the game probably being really huge, and the fact that alot of people probably won't even be able to get everything because the game is going to be huge, and trying to get everything will probably be overwhelming, and quite honestly pointless for some people. So maybe the PS3 version of GTA 4 not having DLC isn't such a bad thing after all. Now if your one of those people who just have to get 100% completion in order to feel satisfied that's another story.
bluntiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bluntiss
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts
I personally feel that it will effect the sales of the consoles. I love gta and after hearing this, it was my deciding factor to pursue the 3360 vs the ps3. Not to mention the fact that ps3 has lost all their exclusives and has an inferior online blah blah blah things we've all heard before. I'm going to geta ps3 and I'm a big fan, I own a ps1, ps2 and psp, however, I don't see any value in purchasing the system until more is available and they improve on some of the,...... again blah blah blah..
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
i will be getting the PS3 version. Enough I had with the 360. Dammit that thing broked on me 3 times. Luckily it didnt scratched the games so I sold them $$ (chaching). Anyway, MS is doing a good job a gaining footing at the competition of consoles, and unless Sony hurries to introduce all their promises, they will have a tough time.
brooklynmets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 brooklynmets
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts
Yeah come october before GTA4 comes out PS3 will have rumble in the controllers plus the sixaxis Will have trophy's through the HOME network which will work better then achievements and why wont PS3 have custom soundtracks by then? Plus it will look way better then 360 as the publishers already said its to hard to program on the 360, PS3 has way more space. So mgp ahead and PAY for your downloadable content when a few months later I'll get it for free.

Deihmos
mj53916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mj53916
Member since 2003 • 104 Posts
Microsoft paid money for exclusive content. I can only imagine how much they will charge. Remember if you download all the custom tracks to GUITAR HERO it ends up costing more then $100 for the "complete game"so it might not be such a good thing.Whatever happened to free user created content like PC? Now you have to pay for every little thing.I could understand if it was an expansion but not one new song or one new map or one new set of mission's that's ridiculous especially if you have to change x-box system's like I did (3 lights of doom) those downloads become useless unless your signed in to user account and your online!!!!
i_DUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 i_DUB
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
I pre-order it for PS3 since GTA to belongs on the playstation
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Im getting it for PS3, which I already preordered it. and the other reason why I dont like Xbox360 bcuz of download ablecontentsthis and that which they shouldve came with the game in the first place....... the PS3 ones will most likely get its own exclusive stuff anyway, if not what's the bigdeal.

-Currently taking a break from playing too much Resistance.

AIH_PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 AIH_PSP
Member since 2005 • 2318 Posts

dstryr13
I love my PS3 and I want DLC as much as the next guy but I have to say that it's not coming to PS3. Because MS paid R* $50million to keep it exclusive and their top budget for a game is $30million so they're gonna make sure only XBOX gets it.
Avatar image for sirgeneralmoore
sirgeneralmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sirgeneralmoore
Member since 2004 • 312 Posts
oh well sometimes i think yes fair enough however i am also waiting for the getaway to come out on the PS3, which will be very cool too soo i am not really sooo bothered. anyway it could of been worse what if GTA IV didn't even make it on the PS3 then that would be something to talk about.
d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#21 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts
the ps3 will get something more it has to rockstar arent gonna take sides on the system wars they will probibly put the xboxes downloadable content onto the blu ray and even if it doesnt why would you pay for more stuff in gta when the game has enough already
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts

ill prolly get it on my ps3 because i liek to game more on my ps3. DLC, could care less, like others have said by the time that roles out (what 6 months later?) ill have become bored of the game most likely (seems to happen for every gTA title) and there will be other games to choose from. Besides im not paying 20+ dollars just for a few extra hours of gameplay. And with the way MS charges for these extras, what (10 bucks or sumn for a few extra gears maps) you can count on it being a lot more money than its worth. No thanks...

gabwa007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gabwa007
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts
[QUOTE="Deihmos"]

marcandrer

so with the exception of DLC which like you said is not that big of a deal, there's not realy any difference between the 2 versions.

yes, but will trophies be as fun as earning Achievements ?

and rumble, gta 4 on the ps3 won'tt have it. Btw, now that i think of it, i don't remember rumble in any of the ps gta games O_o, is it just my bad memory ?

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Miguel16
[QUOTE="marcandrer"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]

gabwa007

and rumble, gta 4 on the ps3 won'tt have it. Btw, now that i think of it, i don't remember rumble in any of the ps gta games O_o, is it just my bad memory ?

considerign rumble isnt used in any innovative or good ways that impacct the game, rumble is a nonfactor in a decision to buy a game. Achievement points are not exactly what i would call fun. I play the game, thats fun, it just so happens that i may earn an achievment along the way.

Hoppondeez420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hoppondeez420
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

Someone please tell me why forums are filled with such stupid fanboys??? You people who bash other systems are the real idiots beacuse your the ones who are losing out. I have a 360, PS3, and a Wii so I can experience what all of the systems have to offer. Each system has there own pros and cons but while fanboys are crying and whining about which system is better, real gamers can enjoy the percs of each system. And even if I only had a 360, I would still want a ps3 for its exclusives, and vice-versa. So just shutup already

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

Someone please tell me why forums are filled with such stupid fanboys??? You people who bash other systems are the real idiots beacuse your the ones who are losing out. I have a 360, PS3, and a Wii so I can experience what all of the systems have to offer. Each system has there own pros and cons but while fanboys are crying and whining about which system is better, real gamers can enjoy the percs of each system. And even if I only had a 360, I would still want a ps3 for its exclusives, and vice-versa. So just shutup already

Hoppondeez420

Money should answer your question. Should they be able to have all 3 consoles, we would have less troubles here. In fact, many even havent used the other consoles they bash yet speak as if they had. They dont understand that each has good and bad things. 360 has a great library and exelent online, yet a crappy hardware rate. PS3 has great hardware, yet a meh online and a crappy library and Wii has a great list of party game yet no online and no intention to appeal to hardcore gamers (which are actually most of us)

9thwardice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 9thwardice
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts

Hoppondeez420
RawhideSphinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RawhideSphinx
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts
Whats wrong with having both consoles. A Blonde and a Brunette.
Gerardo1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gerardo1963
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts
[QUOTE="Deihmos"]

The_Rick_14

yes deihmos, we all know you like your 360 more than ps3

And its obvious you like ps3 more than the 360 so wats your point?!

mj53916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mj53916
Member since 2003 • 104 Posts

Hoppondeez420

What are you talking about?!!!!! I own all of them t.........well owned I got rid of my Wii ......I mean NOT MY Wii the game system Nintendo Wii .:shock: I beat Zelda on it but all the other games suck on the Wii...... :shock:I mean not suck on the Wii. I mean the rest of the games ain't that great.

d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#33 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts
lol...but the wii is a bit of a joke right now ince mario and metroid are out and makbe some good titles that arent for kids it will be better
socomn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 socomn00b
Member since 2007 • 633 Posts
[QUOTE="gabwa007"][QUOTE="marcandrer"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]

Miguel16

considerign rumble isnt used in any innovative or good ways that impacct the game, rumble is a nonfactor in a decision to buy a game. Achievement points are not exactly what i would call fun. I play the game, thats fun, it just so happens that i may earn an achievment along the way.

Someone explain to me what the achievement system does other than saying you've done this or that? Not trying to be an ass, but a lot of people throw in achievements as something monumental. Is there extra incentives with the system? (and I guess the same goes for when the PSN does the trophy system too)
socomn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 socomn00b
Member since 2007 • 633 Posts
Sorry, double post...to answer the question, I'd get the PS3 version just because I own only that and it's about all I'm spending my money on haha.
Insane00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Insane00
Member since 2003 • 1267 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoppondeez420"]

kenshinhimura16

Money should answer your question. Should they be able to have all 3 consoles, we would have less troubles here. In fact, many even havent used the other consoles they bash yet speak as if they had. They dont understand that each has good and bad things. 360 has a great library and exelent online, yet a crappy hardware rate. PS3 has great hardware, yet a meh online and a crappy library and Wii has a great list of party game yet no online and no intention to appeal to hardcore gamers (which are actually most of us)

Great, I'm glad there are people out there who have the money and time to spend over 1200 bucks on video game consols, not counting games. And while your at it why don't y'all just buy every version of every multi-plat game.

Just because some people have more money than they know what to do with doesn't mean the rest of us do. I bought a ps3 cause I knew that overall it would have the most games on it I want to play (I'm not gonna go into how worthless I find the 360 game library). Just because someone supports the ps3 and that version of the game doesn't make them a fan boy. It's about being a smart consumer, not just an overfunded consumer.

That being the case, I will ov course be getting the ps3 version of the game. None the less, I think that Take Two is shooting itself in the foot with this one. They know the game will be popular, but they take an advance to make some DLC for the 360, shutting out what will likely be at least 1/4 if not as much as 1/2 their user base for the game. And, unless they plan on selling the DLC for more than 20 bucks, they will have to sell it to nearly half the 360 users out their to break even and not have to pay back M$. So, notonly are they putting themselves in a difficult situation as far as their responsibilities to microsoft, they are severely limiting their sales of the DLC. IF it works, great, but if not, I don't want to hear one 360 fan complain if Take Two continues its downward slide and goes bankrupt or something.

And I'm done.

Insane00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Insane00
Member since 2003 • 1267 Posts
[QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="gabwa007"][QUOTE="marcandrer"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]

socomn00b

Someone explain to me what the achievement system does other than saying you've done this or that? Not trying to be an ass, but a lot of people throw in achievements as something monumental. Is there extra incentives with the system? (and I guess the same goes for when the PSN does the trophy system too)

That is exactly what it is. I never have understood why so many people praise to 360 achievements system. It's not like you get a rebate or anything with more points. It's like the points people talk about giving to drivers for hitting stupid pedestrians (not that you actually hit them). They're good for a laugh or the moment, but when it's all said and done, we still have to eat, breath, and live none of which any point system is gonna help a gamer out with.

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Miguel16
[QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="gabwa007"][QUOTE="marcandrer"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]

socomn00b

It does NOTHING. You get nothing from the points, it just gives some people a good feeling to have the most achievements, i could really care less.