The thing that really blows aobut ps3 exclusives.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theROOTS420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 theROOTS420
Member since 2008 • 408 Posts

Why is it that most (if not all) ps3 exclusives dont have 2 player? You screwed up sony.

MGS4, Killzone 2. My 2 favorite games. But still, i cant make use of my 2nd controller and play with a freind or something. No coop? no splitscreen? WTF?

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
1. Sony is not the one developing these games. You are doing the equivalent of complaining to a wall right now. 2. Games such as MGS4 do not need co-op tied with the story. They are great as they are, and mindlessly adding co-op would dilute the experience. Plus, lots of elements in the single player campaign would not work for some parts of MGS4 if co-op were to be added. 3. There are many games with multiplayer components to them - games with co-op, etc in mind and designed around such features. Resistance 2, Warhawk, etc.
willauqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 willauqs
Member since 2007 • 306 Posts

sell one of your controllers, thats why i only have one DS3

theROOTS420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 theROOTS420

idk it just makes me mad that i cant play kz2 with a freind

willauqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 willauqs
Member since 2007 • 306 Posts

its true, i do miss local multiplayer

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

theROOTS420

Tough.

You're lucky to have Killzone 2 in the first place.

theROOTS420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theROOTS420

do you guys not realise that ps3 has never really been a multiplayer platform?

Thats seriously the only thing i dont like about ps3. its not that hard to add splitscreen

mlfresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 mlfresh
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts

its because the games are wayyyyyyyy too good looking and complex to render on two screens

they use too much processing and graphics power that its almost impossible to rendersuch amazingly huge worlds or gorgeous graphics on one ps3

ergo the lan and non-split screen

look it up

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

theROOTS420

Stop having friends.

Problem solved.

Jettero-Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Jettero-Heller
Member since 2002 • 4289 Posts

I think it absolutely proves that the best game experiencesare usually single player ones. Why bog it down with MP. I'm sorry but I don't feel the need to sit around in my PJ's with my little rootbeer sucking pals to enjoy gaming anymore. I'll say it again, as per your post all the BEST games are SP or their best experience is SP. I'd like to keep it that way.

Most of them are online enabled anyway. You can play against others that way if you really need the companionship that badly.

Mujambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mujambo
Member since 2007 • 1039 Posts
Resistance 1 and 2 have it, though in 2 it's incredibly difficult. I do enjoy local multi better than online, but the online is pretty good for some games.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Resistance 2 had a pretty good co op with friends. It didn't have co op campaign which kind of sucked but at least RFoM did

kylekatarn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kylekatarn08
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts
[QUOTE="mlfresh"]

its because the games are wayyyyyyyy too good looking and complex to render on two screens

they use too much processing and graphics power that its almost impossible to rendersuch amazingly huge worlds or gorgeous graphics on one ps3

look it up

HA! No offense but you give the PS3 too much credit. They could've easly added split-screen in Killzone 2. Don't get me wrong I love Killzone 2 but it would've been 2x more awesome with online or split-screen co-op.
daveydark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 daveydark
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

[QUOTE="theROOTS420"]

Scianix-Black

Stop having friends.

Problem solved.

yeah friends without ps3 are really uncool.
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts

do you guys not realize that ps3 has never really been a multiplayer platform?

Thats seriously the only thing i dont like about ps3. its not that hard to add splitscreen

theROOTS420
I agree but you're forgetting that Warhawk has splitscreen multiplayer.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
People pick the smallest things to complain about these days.Having no Co-op does not make a game Blow...Especially if the quality of the game is great[Killzone,MGS4,Uncharted etc,etc]There are plenty of Co-op games out there to play and some Sony exclusives do have splitscreen[Resistance,Resistance 2,Warhawk]
theROOTS420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 theROOTS420

[QUOTE="mlfresh"]

look it up

kylekatarn08

HA! No offense but you give the PS3 too much credit. They could've easly added split-screen in Killzone 2. Don't get me wrong I love Killzone 2 but it would've been 2x more awesome with online or split-screen co-op.

yah this is what im trying to say. There is no way it would be that hard to add split screen. There is an offline multiplayer in killzone 2 where you play against bots. All im asking for is that to be split screen so it would actually be worth playing. I think its ps3 is definetly capable of that

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

[QUOTE="kylekatarn08"][QUOTE="mlfresh"]

look it up

theROOTS420

yah this is what im trying to say. There is no way it would be that hard to add split screen. There is an offline multiplayer in killzone 2 where you play against bots. All im asking for is that to be split screen so it would actually be worth playing. I think its ps3 is definetly capable of that

Actually mlfresh's reasoning is actually spot on for the reason why its not in Killzone 2, as stated by GG. Although I very much want it in the game and other games. And I have to agree with the fact that many of the games don't offer a split screen component, though they should. Although it definitely does not need to be in MGS4. If Warhawk can do 4 way online split screen with ranked and unranked matches, I see no reason for why it can't be in all games of the nature.
Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts
People pick the smallest things to complain about these days.Having no Co-op does not make a game Blow...Especially if the quality of the game is great[Killzone,MGS4,Uncharted etc,etc]There are plenty of Co-op games out there to play and some Sony exclusives do have splitscreen[Resistance,Resistance 2,Warhawk]K1LLR3175
I don't think this generation lacking offline multiplayer whether it be co-op or competitive is a small thing. for years thats what console gaming was all about, then all of a sudden this gen bam your lucky to find games with it. even racing games are single player only, whats the point? sure games shouldnt add in multiplayer for no reason, but if they can make online multiplayer in the games why can't they do offline?
robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts
OK First, Resistence 1/2, Warhawk, and littlebigplanet are all fun splitscreen games. I'd say most people buy extra controllers for sports games, that's the big one. Secondly, this is the 3rd generation of Playstation, the first 2 had a great deal of split screen games, but even the ps2 was lacking...Main reason why, online play. Look at the nintendo line, they've always incorporated heavy split screen use into they're games, because of their lack of online. PS3, is incredibly net extensive. Sony no longer wants you to play in the same room, it's all about networking/gaming online now. Even their accesories show it with their concentration of putting headsets with games and releasing the text pad add on. I can't really back this claim up, but I'm sure they sell more consoles and copies of games when you can't just go over to your friend's house to play his console split screen. The attraction of being able chat/play with friends ONLINE, from the comfort of your own living room and the full use of your tv is another selling point.
Sn4pSh0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sn4pSh0t
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

Sorry this isnt really going with the whole theme, but MGS4 really doesnt need multiplayer some parts of it would be completely uneccessary, and its a stealth game. everyone knows its a lot easier to see a group of people then 1 person, oh and some things would be stuffed up such as the boss fights, they would be so easy it wouldnt be fun. Im not sure why they didnt add co-op with Killzone 2 seeing how your with squad mate for most of the game, but still a great game, this is a pretty silly complaint seeing how the exclusives have been awesome anyway.

Poutama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Poutama
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i want more co-op/split screen games!! we have 3 ps3 at my house but dont have duplicates of the same games so we can't play each other lol.

JKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JKusanagi
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts

Personal opinnion, i've always seen it this way: Nintendo: Offline Multiplayer experience, Micro$oft: Online and Sony: Single player experience. At least that's how things worked on the last gen, but with PS3's free online service, i don't think buying a 360's multiplatform game with online multiplayer is an option, i know multiplatform games usually run better on 360, but paying 60 dlls for an online service when you could get it free its not something to argue about

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
People pick the smallest things to complain about these days.Having no Co-op does not make a game Blow...Especially if the quality of the game is great[Killzone,MGS4,Uncharted etc,etc]There are plenty of Co-op games out there to play and some Sony exclusives do have splitscreen[Resistance,Resistance 2,Warhawk]K1LLR3175
I agree. I'm getting tired of hearing "coop this, coop that."
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#26 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Why is it that most (if not all) ps3 exclusives dont have 2 player? You screwed up sony.

MGS4, Killzone 2. My 2 favorite games. But still, i cant make use of my 2nd controller and play with a freind or something. No coop? no splitscreen? WTF?

theROOTS420
Cry me a river! Do do do do do..dododo Cry me a river..yea..yea...yea!
Beetroot502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Beetroot502
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

Go buy a 360 for your hardtoseewhatsgoingonthescreenwith2players. Co op online is alot better, you get more screen space imo.

theROOTS420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 theROOTS420

some of you guys are in such denial its PATHETIC. This is a serious flaw and you guys try attacking me for pointing it out. I have a lot of freinds, and we always chill at my house. The ONLY game we can play is nazi zombies, because its the only ps3 game i have with multiplayer. I have killzone 2, MGS4, uncharted, and COD5. 3 out of those 4 are PS3 exclusives. (this is the part where all you haters call me a fanboy). If i go to my freinds house with his xbox 360, almost every game he has is split screen playable. Gears of war 2, halo 3, just to name a few. Why isnt this possible on the ps3??? I feel like im getting ripped off.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

some of you guys are in such denial its PATHETIC. This is a serious flaw and you guys try attacking me for pointing it out. I have a lot of freinds, and we always chill at my house. The ONLY game we can play is nazi zombies, because its the only ps3 game i have with multiplayer. I have killzone 2, MGS4, uncharted, and COD5. 3 out of those 4 are PS3 exclusives. (this is the part where all you haters call me a fanboy). If i go to my freinds house with his xbox 360, almost every game he has is split screen playable. Gears of war 2, halo 3, just to name a few. Why isnt this possible on the ps3??? I feel like im getting ripped off.

theROOTS420

I agree with what you're saying, but you do lack the games that do have splitscreen. It is true that the 360 has more titles thats have splitscreen, but you don't really have the ps3 titles that have it. That isn't anyone's fault but yours. R2's coop is really fun with or without friends. I recommend you try it out

theROOTS420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 theROOTS420

[QUOTE="theROOTS420"]

BPoole96

I agree with what you're saying, but you do lack the games that do have splitscreen. It is true that the 360 has more titles thats have splitscreen, but you don't really have the ps3 titles that have it. That isn't anyone's fault but yours. R2's coop is really fun with or without friends. I recommend you try it out

never really liked R2 hmm.. maybe ill give it another try

L33T_TI200P3I2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 L33T_TI200P3I2
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts

If you want offline MP, buy another game?

At least the SP and quality of the PS3 exclusives tend to be a lot better than the Xbox exclusives.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

[QUOTE="theROOTS420"]

Scianix-Black

Stop having friends.

Problem solved.

agreed. just one more resone i hate people ;)
theROOTS420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 theROOTS420

some of you guys need friends, and some sunlight. srsly 8)

f1l200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 f1l200
Member since 2004 • 507 Posts

I think it absolutely proves that the best game experiencesare usually single player ones. Why bog it down with MP. I'm sorry but I don't feel the need to sit around in my PJ's with my little rootbeer sucking pals to enjoy gaming anymore. I'll say it again, as per your post all the BEST games are SP or their best experience is SP. I'd like to keep it that way.

Most of them are online enabled anyway. You can play against others that way if you really need the companionship that badly.

Jettero-Heller

Im sorry that you have no friends

theROOTS420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 theROOTS420

[QUOTE="Jettero-Heller"]

f1l200

Im sorry that you have no friends

yeah really. And jettero heller your completely wrong. I played cod5 campaign and beat it , and i had more fun playing zombies with my freinds splitscreen. WAY more fun.

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts
1. Sony is not the one developing these games. You are doing the equivalent of complaining to a wall right now.hazelnutman
:lol: Now that's effective ;) [QUOTE="hazelnutman"] 2. Games such as MGS4 do not need co-op tied with the story. They are great as they are, and mindlessly adding co-op would dilute the experience. Plus, lots of elements in the single player campaign would not work for some parts of MGS4 if co-op were to be added.

That's true with MGS4, but Co-op would work great with KZ2, wouldn't it? Great game anyways!
3. There are many games with multiplayer components to them - games with co-op, etc in mind and designed around such features. Resistance 2, Warhawk, etc.hazelnutman
Yes there are some, but not a LOT.
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Go buy a 360 for your hardtoseewhatsgoingonthescreenwith2players. Co op online is alot better, you get more screen space imo.

Beetroot502
"you get more screen space imo" That's not an opinion, that's a fact... ;)
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

Jettero-Heller
I completely agree. I'm not a fan of multiplayer but love a great single-player experience. There's so many things a single-player campaign can include that multiplayer can't. Compelling stories and characters without compromise, atmosphere and immersion, exciting set-pieces and boss battles ect. The experience is usually so much more fulfilling if done well.
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

Hello you're dead wrong. Motorstorm Pacific rift 4p splitscreen, Resistance Fall of Man is co-op, Supersonic battlecars is 4p splitscreen, warhawk is 4p splitscreen, wipeout hd is splitscreen, Super Stardust is splitscreen. You're talking about MGS 4, Uncharted, Resistance 2, and R & C. Well there's multis and single player games just like with other systems.

mck92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mck92
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts

the only ps3 exclusive i can knock for not having multiplayer is killzone 2, that game was made for multiplayer its like taking bread from butter :(

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 YekDastan316
Member since 2009 • 707 Posts

i was really pissed when mcla didnt have split screen. how can a racing game not have splitscreen. a reason y i din buy it. these days it seems to be all about online. its not as fun when playin som1 rite beside then laugh in their face when u merk them.

Dark-Star13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dark-Star13
Member since 2009 • 2849 Posts
Have you forgotten about Little Big Planet?
Hot-Tamale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 Hot-Tamale
Member since 2009 • 2052 Posts

willauqs

Better than online, IMO.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

[QUOTE="willauqs"]

Hot-Tamale

Better than online, IMO.

Threshold are awesome. That is all :P.
nikgamma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nikgamma
Member since 2008 • 392 Posts
just take turns
albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts

I'll ignore the oversimplified and unfair title - nothing "blows" about them in my opinion.

I will say that I really wish there was a cooperative online mode for KZ2 where you played against Helghast instead of other people split in to teams. I just get so turned off by how people behave (especially with mics) in direct competative modes. What I noticed in the coop for R2 was how much more fun it was, in my opinion, to have all the aggression focused on the invading hoards. People were just so much more enjoyable to play with, they communicated, they worked together, they were less likely to fill your ear with contant blabber (sometimes I feel like I am just listening to 5 peoples aimless cell phone calls at once when I play deathmatch/body count type games.)

Have you forgotten about Little Big Planet?Dark-Star13

I was going to mention that! The coop in LBP is vital to the game itself, and is so well implemented.

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#47 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

1. Sony is not the one developing these games. You are doing the equivalent of complaining to a wall right now. 2. Games such as MGS4 do not need co-op tied with the story. They are great as they are, and mindlessly adding co-op would dilute the experience. Plus, lots of elements in the single player campaign would not work for some parts of MGS4 if co-op were to be added. 3. There are many games with multiplayer components to them - games with co-op, etc in mind and designed around such features. Resistance 2, Warhawk, etc.hazelnutman
HAHA i loved tht!! But ya i agree w u!

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

I'm not splitting a 50 inch plasma for anyone. :roll: