The Order will have open areas

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75196 posts) -

It will not be a corridor shooter, despite of what many might think. This is good news for the game if you ask me

Link

After talking about what we can expect from The Order: 1886 at E3, NeoGAF user Shinobi602, that is acquiring quite the reputation of having solid industry sources, dropped another piece of information many were curious about due to the gameplay demo we saw a couple days ago, located mostly in a narrow corridor.

Also 100% there will be open areas (not saying this just because of the concept art). This isn’t just “corridor after corridor”.

#2 Posted by RealCamBam (25 posts) -

This is good news to hear considering this is a game I hope and think will turn out really good

#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75196 posts) -

I just want to see a little more gameplay before i get excited

#4 Posted by marcheegsr (3017 posts) -

I'm pretty much sold on this game.

#5 Edited by MethodManFTW (26145 posts) -

That really doesn't mean anything.. I haven't seen anyone say the order was going to be a corridor shooter. There is a difference between linear and corridor.. Bioshock infinite for example was definitely linear, but not a corridor shooter.

#6 Posted by _Judas_ (679 posts) -

This "game" looks very intriguing... only thing is that we are yet to see any actual gameplay. Hopefully we'll see some gameplay soon, and hopefully - it won't be crap :p

#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75196 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

That really doesn't mean anything.. I haven't seen anyone say the order was going to be a corridor shooter. There is a difference between linear and corridor.. Bioshock infinite for example was definitely linear, but not a corridor shooter.

I agree, but people assume a lot these days. It's good they clear the rumor mill before anything starts

#8 Edited by cooolio (551 posts) -

They did establish that a couple of months ago, but hopefully there will be more to combat.

#9 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2747 posts) -

@_Judas_: They showed off gameplay a few days ago.

#10 Posted by MarcRecon (6349 posts) -

Yeah, It's sad that a lot of people drew conclusions off of 2minutes of gameplay.

#11 Edited by FinalFighters (1990 posts) -

corridor shooter or open areas, it doesnt really matter to me because i was sold on this game the day i saw the E3 trailer. im a sucker for 19 century london setting.

#12 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75196 posts) -

@MarcRecon said:

Yeah, It's sad that a lot of people drew conclusions off of 2minutes of gameplay.

Let's hope they can settle all of it once E3 comes around

#13 Posted by Puggy301 (160 posts) -

@FinalFighters said:

corridor shooter or open areas, it doesnt really matter to me because i was sold on this game the day i saw the E3 trailer. im a sucker for 19 century london setting.

Me too. The fact alone that this game will take place in 19th century London and will not involve Sherlock Holmes makes it a "must have". Not that there's anything wrong Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's finest creation, but it just seems that the only games that use Victorian London as a setting involve Holmes, Jack the Ripper, or some combination of the two.

#14 Posted by TheTenth10 (3075 posts) -

what I would like to know is if it's more a heavily tactical shooter or more arcadey

#15 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75196 posts) -

@TheTenth10 said:

what I would like to know is if it's more a heavily tactical shooter or more arcadey

I think it's a tactical shooter by the looks of it

#16 Posted by _Judas_ (679 posts) -

Game looks great! Love the Victorian setting - it's a "period" filled with lots of great literature and stories. Hope this game can present an intriguing story-line and great gameplay.

Looks like a tactical shooter with class-based characters (heavy weapons guy, assault guy, sniper guy, mage/sorcerer guy).