The Order 1886 is a very well done game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

Lets get this out of the way first, it's main fault is it is too short. There is not much replayability or much extras after you finish the campaign. The game is only 5-6 hours long so I understand people being frustrated at paying $60 for it. If it was around $30 or it had more content the game should be AAA.

*Minor spoiler alert

The story, voice acting, and game are top notch. The gameplay is a little restrictive but I did not mind it. (Think Gears of war with a little more restrictiong) The references of Tesla and Jack the Ripper also add a dynamic to 1800's london. I rented the game and felt very satisfied with the gameplay and hope the Sequel does release. I understand people being frustrated with the small amount of content vs the cost but still don't understand why the game is getting bad reviews on sites like IGN and Gamespot.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No, the game is a mediocre game. If it were longer it would just be more mediocrity.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Glad you enjoyed it. I wouldn't waste a rental on it but I got tired of movie/QTE games back in the Night Trap/Shenmue days.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

I actually loved it.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Length =/= quality. The majority of complaints regarding The Order do not stem from its length. It's that for what little gameplay there is, it doesn't do much exciting with it. If they made the game longer, then it may have actually gotten worse scores because it would be dragging the player around for longer periods of time not doing anything really new.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

Honestly I really enjoyed The order 1886, it had solid gameplay, beautiful graphics and as you mentioned excellent voice acting and good references. The only problem I had with it is the lack of full screen for the supposedly "cinematic experience" and lack of replayability. Had it included a progression system or horde mode with coop it would have been a AAA.

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#8 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

Too bad the Order 1886 is really really boring

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

The Order is trash at best. Visually it's amazing but the game is not fun whatsoever and oh God don't get me started on the atrocious Boss QTE's and Horrible AI.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10  Edited By Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I'm playing through the game for the last few days and for what it offers - it's not bad, far from the overblown criticism it received, I do have to agree it's hard to justify full price for the content it offers but that's why you wait for the price drop :)

I would recommend it to friends.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#11 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Sokol4ever said:

I'm playing through the game for the last few days and for what it offers - it's not bad, far from the overblown criticism it received, I do have to agree it's hard to justify full price for the content it offers but that's why you wait for the price drop :)

I would recommend it to friends.

Agreed, it might not be worth the full price, but it's not that bad of a game either.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#12 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Still not sure whether I want to try the game and decide for myself if it's at all decent. I just know it'll definitely be a rental if I do decide to get around to playing it.

WannabeSbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WannabeSbb
Member since 2015 • 71 Posts

Honestly I'm really interested in The Order as a future series of games, assuming they do improve. Length aside, I heard some really wide plot holes and character contradictions that sound like bummers. I'm interested in "getting in on the ground floor" so to speak on a cool-sounding series of games. Or The Order just dies, which would be fine too I guess.

Pleeeebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pleeeebz
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

I look at it this way: If I spend $60 on a game, I'd like at least $1 of that to be worth one quality, enjoyable hour of my time. Seeing as this game literally is 5-6 hours with no re-playable value, this game is worth about as much to me as a Baconator meal from Wendy's is.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

I felt its length was just fine people just like to bitch.

I liked parts of it, but lots of the game felt boring to me, glad I rented it, but at a certain point I just wanted it to be over.

Great graphics tho.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#16 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

It was alright. The problem was the pacing of the game for me. You would spend most of 2-3 chapters either walking or in a cut scene, then get a small segment of actual gameplay. it will be interesting to see if they try to expand that universe or just let it be a one and done.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

i enjoyed it but i also didn't pay for it. My friend let me borrow it. Had i paid 60 for it, I'd want half of my money back.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Ended up finishing the game few days ago, absolutely worth the play-though. If ending is of any indication, I'm excited to see the next game in the series

Ser Galahad has a potential to join the great icons of PlayStation.

I got the game new for 40$ that was on Best Buy weekend sale and for that money, no regrets.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

No it isn't

I don't think it's as bad as many make it out to be...it's just...meh.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I don't mind the shortness of the game. What i do mind is all of the QTEs.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Horrible game with horrible pacing and a story as clichéd and as dull as they come. Half of it is cutscenes, 1/3 of the gameplay is walking, the other 2/3 is button prompts, QTE and corridor shootouts.

You don't play The Order, it forces you into doing exactly what the developers wanted you to do, it brings linear to an entirely new level... Even when you do find enjoyment in something it is short lived and ripped away from you just as you were beginning to like it.

GameSpot giving this game a 5/10 was generous, extremely generous...

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I expected so much about this game, I preorder it, even ordered the CE, waited months and when it finally arrived I was really excited, put in the disc and "played" right until the first lycan made it's appearance. haven't touched it in months. Very, very disapointing and one of the most boring games I've ever played. POS game.

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

I'll give it a shot when the price drops... alot.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

It's a piece of crap.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

It is a good game.. I was expecting more, maybe some Online (Coop & competitive) which I hope would be included should there be a sequel..