The only reason i would ever buy a ps3 is...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

georgeverity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 georgeverity
Member since 2005 • 1234 Posts
Jak 4... oh my GAWD that would be AMAZING
Avatar image for sonnycorleone94
sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sonnycorleone94
Member since 2008 • 325 Posts
It would be cool but more jak 2 i always hated jak 3 sooo ya know. I liked the grime of the city more than the ancient ruins in jak 3.
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

There were some rumors about Jak 4 shortly after Uncharted came out but sadly they died and now there are rumors of Uncharted 2 which would mean we would have to wait even longer for a Jak 4 if it ever will be made which I'm still hopeful of.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 abdelmessih101

It would be cool but more jak 2 i always hated jak 3 sooo ya know. I liked the grime of the city more than the ancient ruins in jak 3.sonnycorleone94

I like Jak 2 more than Jak 3 as well but I didn't hate anything about Jak 3. I just think that they tried to do too much in terms of both story and gameplay elements in what turned out to be a pretty short game. I was left wanting more of the game at the end. If they had just lengthened the game some more and elaborated more on the story, it would've been the best one by far. With Jak 2, the game was long enough for me to get my fill of all of the gameplay and story elements.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts

[QUOTE="sonnycorleone94"]It would be cool but more jak 2 i always hated jak 3 sooo ya know. I liked the grime of the city more than the ancient ruins in jak 3.abdelmessih101

I like Jak 2 more than Jak 3 as well but I didn't hate anything about Jak 3. I just think that they tried to do too much in terms of both story and gameplay elements in what turned out to be a pretty short game. I was left wanting more of the game at the end. If they had just lengthened the game some more and elaborated more on the story, it would've been the best one by far. With Jak 2, the game was long enough for me to get my fill of all of the gameplay and story elements.

Originally, I would agree with you, BUT after playing through Jak 2 and Jak 3 this summer, I forgot how frustrating Jak 2 was. It wasn't bad by any stretch, but the checkpoint system was horrible and there was way too little of them.

Jak 3 was more polished with way beter checkpoints. Combat was more fun also.

Jak 4 on the PS3 would be SO AWESOME! :D

I would LOVE a big game but if they only did a smaller downloadable one a la Ratchet Q4B, I'd be ok with that.

I think they are working on Uncharted 2 though. We will know in January, I have a feeling. :D

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

[QUOTE="sonnycorleone94"]It would be cool but more jak 2 i always hated jak 3 sooo ya know. I liked the grime of the city more than the ancient ruins in jak 3.Chaos_Bladez

Originally, I would agree with you, BUT after playing through Jak 2 and Jak 3 this summer, I forgot how frustrating Jak 2 was. It wasn't bad by any stretch, but the checkpoint system was horrible and there was way too little of them.

Jak 3 was more polished with way beter checkpoints. Combat was more fun also.

Jak 4 on the PS3 would be SO AWESOME! :D

I would LOVE a big game but if they only did a smaller downloadable one a la Ratchet Q4B, I'd be ok with that.

I think they are working on Uncharted 2 though. We will know in January, I have a feeling. :D

Jak 2 was more frustrating than Jak 3 - I'll give you that - but I guess that I miss those frustrations because they made the end result of beating the mission or the game that much more satisfying.

Also Jak 2 had a little more of a sandbox feel to it, especially with Haven City being so huge. It was like the city was alive, whereas in Jak 3, you have the desert with annoying marauders and then when you're in the city, it's either like a ghost town or a war zone - I miss having that middle ground in Jak 2.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
After the first Jak and Daxter i felt like it got more and more dumb. Hopefully if they do make a 4 they go back to Jak's old routes.