The Official Resistance: Retribution Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blazevoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blazevoir
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts

A new chapter in the epic PlayStation 3 franchise, Resistance: Retribution takes on a third-person perspective in the ongoing fight with the Chimera. Set in the weeks after Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance: Retribution follows the story of former British Marine James Grayson. After a personal tragedy -- he is forced to kill his own brother inside a Chimeran conversion center – Grayson goes on a vendetta to destroy every conversion center he can find. Eventually Grayson learns that his efforts have been futile ... in Western Europe the Chimera have evolved a new method of converting humans to aliens. The European resistance -- the Maquis -- enlist Grayson's help, and he joins Cartwright and Parker in Operation Overstrike. The war to retake the European continent has begun.

General Features
  • Game: A third person action-adventure game created specifically for PSP that bridges Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2.
  • Storyline: Dramatic storyline set against the battle to retake the European continent, follows a single soldier's grim determination to avenge his fallen brother.
  • Engine: Utilizes Bend Studio's third generation PSP engine that allows for more enemies on screen, more detailed characters with higher resolution bitmaps and specular highlights, and a memory buffer system that allows for larger and more detailed worlds.
  • Revolutionary Targeting System: Advanced third person targeting system designed specifically for the PSP.
  • Portability: Liberal checkpoint system makes the title ideal for small bursts of gameplay perfect for the on-the-go gamer.
  • Weaponry: Weapons include favorites from Resistance: Fall of Man like the Auger, Carbine, and LAARK, as well as new weapons based on hybrid Alien/Human technology – including the BM001 Razor and the Longbow 1S-1K "One shot, one kill" sniper rifle.
  • Enemies: Over 10 different types of enemies, including Chimera from Resistance 2 and Resistance: Fall of Man – including the Titan, Slipskull, Hybrids and Leapers – and all new enemies like the Hag and Cloven.
  • Multiplayer: Intense eight player multiplayer gameplay with five game modes including Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Containment and Assimilation available via ad-hoc and infrastructure.
  • Resistance Franchise: Web based franchise that ties into the Resistance franchise web portal.

Gameplay Video:

http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6194083/videoplayerpop?rgroup=e32008_live

EDIT:

- Confirmed Destructable Enviroments

- New Weapons

- Sub-bosses, and Main Bosses each level

- New enemies

- Better AI

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
looks great. I'm glad I made the decision to buy a PSP recently they seem to have a bunch of games coming and a bunch already out.
Mongo-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mongo-Boss
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts
Looks great, to bad I don't have a PSP or any current gen handheld for that matter. At least I get to enjoy Resistance 2 and who knows maybe the price for the PSP will have dropped by the time this is out in 2009.
CrysisHeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CrysisHeir
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts
This will probably be the best shooting game that will come to the PSP (and there is alot of good ones to):D
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Minishdriveby
Are the cutscenes for this game like Crisis core or GoW or is it like Metal Gear with that comic book style?
dunny55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 dunny55
Member since 2007 • 819 Posts
very nice!!!!cant wait!
Avatar image for TIE_Elite_Pilot
TIE_Elite_Pilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 TIE_Elite_Pilot
Member since 2004 • 829 Posts
This looks amazing, and I'm glad they went with the 3rd person perspective, mixes it up a bit since PSP has seen a bunch of shooters. Hopefully it plays as good as it looks.
justified615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 justified615
Member since 2007 • 704 Posts
I'm glad the Resistance franchise is coming to the PSP.:)
jukeyjuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 jukeyjuke
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
Good to see that there will be multiplayer. Replay ability for the win.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I like Resistance, but I am not a fan of TPS games on the PSP. The controls are just too awkward.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
Look awesome. Nice that there will be multiplayer. Who creating this game?
ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

looks great. I'm glad I made the decision to buy a PSP recently they seem to have a bunch of games coming and a bunch already out.Minishdriveby

Me too. Thats why i bought my PSP today which was the day of the Sony E3 Conference. Anyways, i am SO hyped for this game! I never got to play the original Resistance: Fall Of Man for the Playstation 3 but im sure playing this. Even looking at that Screenshot gets you hooked into it. This game could really turn out great.

I wonder if this is going to be a prequal or sequal to the original game because i dont know anything about the story so i might be a little confused in the game. Hope that doesn't happen. Overall, I can't wait for this game to come out

EDIT: Oops, forgot that it says " Shortly after weeks of Resistance: Fall Of Man." So it is sort of a Sequal.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]looks great. I'm glad I made the decision to buy a PSP recently they seem to have a bunch of games coming and a bunch already out.ChiddaPotta

Me too. Thats why i bought my PSP today which was the day of the Sony E3 Conference. Anyways, i am SO hyped for this game! I never got to play the original Resistance: Fall Of Man for the Playstation 3 but im sure playing this. Even looking at that Screenshot gets you hooked into it. This game could really turn out great.

I wonder if this is going to be a prequal or sequal to the original game because i dont know anything about the story so i might be a little confused in the game. Hope that doesn't happen. Overall, I can't wait for this game to come out!

It's suppose to be the sequel to the original but the prequel to the second.

Blazevoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blazevoir
It was made by the creators of the PSP Syphon Filter series. So it should be good
Jesteroflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jesteroflies
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
Im very excited for this game....never played the one on ps3. Online is good...glad it isnt just ad hoc. :)
Avatar image for deactivated-61f554adcef90
deactivated-61f554adcef90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 deactivated-61f554adcef90
Member since 2005 • 8056 Posts
Great overwiew man :wink: Cant wait for this game . It pushed Dissidia and BBS out from #1 most wanted pretty damn quickly :D
chicks_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chicks_boy
Member since 2006 • 663 Posts

It was made by the creators of the PSP Syphon Filter series. So it should be goodBlazevoir

lmao are you serious? that would be awesome! ur giving me the chills at first lol

yeah if this game is made from the creators of the psp syphon filter then it should be awesome :)

Avatar image for deactivated-61f554adcef90
deactivated-61f554adcef90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 deactivated-61f554adcef90
Member since 2005 • 8056 Posts

[QUOTE="Blazevoir"]It was made by the creators of the PSP Syphon Filter series. So it should be goodchicks_boy

lmao are you serious? that would be awesome! ur giving me the chills at first lol

yeah if this game is made from the creators of the psp syphon filter then it should be awesome :)

yes it is . Its made by SCE Bend the same guys whom made Syphon Filter Dark Mirror and Logans Shadow :D

Tim_Millington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Tim_Millington
Member since 2007 • 1615 Posts
I havent played the PS3 game, but i really liked the look of it from the start (because i havent got a PS3). So im really looking forward to the release of this game in early 09.
Yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Yorro
Member since 2007 • 715 Posts
Very excited about this.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

It was made by the creators of the PSP Syphon Filter series. So it should be goodBlazevoir

Sweet.:D I enjoy Logan's Shadow, so I even more excited for this game now.

Shimmerweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 Shimmerweed
Member since 2008 • 753 Posts
OMG! Unbelievable! The Resistance franchise is coming to the PSP??!! Woot~~ Finally something that can rival Syphon Filter!
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
Really exited for this game. The first one was nothing short of amazing, and I expect the same from the second one and this one. The highlight as with Insomniac will be the arsenal which will be amazing most likely.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
This looks sweet, the online should be fun :)
Blazevoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blazevoir
EDIT: Added Gameplay Video
ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts
Thanks Blazevoir! The gameplay looks great.
matisrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 matisrock
Member since 2007 • 679 Posts
I'm soooo glad this won't be the super-zoomed-out 3rd person that Killzone was. Killzone is great, but I don't really care for that view. This will be a must-have.
aots_twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 aots_twilight
Member since 2004 • 1402 Posts
This was one of those annoncements that I was waiting for... I can't wait for the next update on its development...
D_Kefka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 D_Kefka
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts
cant wait for this game already
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
omfg im soooo hyped!!! def gonna buy it! also as soon as i get a ps3(probably next year) i'll try to get resistance 1&2 as soon as possible
dunny55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dunny55
Member since 2007 • 819 Posts
YES! ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME! CANT WAIT TO PLAY THE CAMPAIGN AND EXPECIALLY THE ONLINE!!!!!!! Hopefully their will be headset support...probably will since syphon filter had mic support.
-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Austin-
Member since 2008 • 2417 Posts
First big game in like 6 months.....
Wae416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 Wae416
Member since 2007 • 803 Posts
Yeah, this game looks epic. Haven't played the ps3 game, but when I go down to my uncle's I will be able to. So, yeah, it looks great.
Blazevoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blazevoir

This may be a bit off topic, but leaked information from the Buzz Quiz TV Interview

PSP may have trophies!

Blazevoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Blazevoir
Bump!
naruto7777

Forum Posts