The official "What PSP should I get?" thread... keep it here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

User Lists: 0

#151 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

I said it before and I will say again, for Sony to win the portable war they must add these futures to PSVITA.

1- Built in HD tuner so we can watch the HD free to air TV on the go.

2- Built in digital radio so we can listen to radio station not just mp3.internet radio cost too much data and $$ so that is not an option.

3- APP store, like Apple, and Google android market, so we can download apps like face book Google earth, angry birds, and so on, etc.

4- Built in turn by turn navigation, like tom-tom, and nav man, etc.

5- Built in 8MP camera, with HD video recording.

6- A good web browser, not like the crappie PSP browser.

7- Must support the latest flash player, and java plug-in.

Sony is only targeting gamers with PSVITA, in my opinion that's a bad move.They must target everyone.

I have a ps3 I hardly use it for games I got it for bluray and playtv futters and PSN videos store.

sony1978a
I think your post might be better suited to one of the many PSV threads we have already, or in a new thread. This thread is for recommendations on which PSP to buy.
LovelyGaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 LovelyGaki
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hello I was wondering if someone can help me out. I'm interested in buying a PSP. My mom is planning on going to Japan during October, so I decided why not buy a PSP from there. Seeing how Japan offers more colors than here in America. I'm still debating between two colors: Spirited Green and Turquoise Green. I know for sure Spirited Green would be in some stores but what about Turquoise Green? Like what are my chances in getting that color, because I was searching online and didn't really see a lot of places that offered that specific color.
TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

Well hi everyone

Until now ive searched the internet, reading reviews, watching videos, opinions and all kind of stuff about which psp to buy. But in the end i want the opinion of the gamer community, i hope for people who have or had both consoles and can give a clearer opinion about which is better.

I know each one have its advantages and disadvantages like bluetooth, smaller screen, umd, etc, but before you give me your opinions here are some questions/facts to take in mind when you write your point of view:

- I know the pspslim has a bigger screen than the psp go, but what i really care is quality, so which one?

- It's really worth the bluetooth?

- Which is the maximun memory capacity that supports each handheld?

- Battery life

- Loading times

- Comfortability

- Software/Hardware

I thinks thats all, and here are some things that i really don't care about so don't take them in mind when writing your opinion

* UMD (I plan to get all my games digitally)

* Price (Where i lives both cost the same)

* PSPVita (I plan to get this one at some point later too mostly because i dont want to lose the psp games library since vita wont have retrocompatibility with the psp games, so please dont tell me to wait for the vita)

Well everyone i hope you can help me with this decision due to i wanted this console since it came out but didn't had the money (mostly because my ps3) but like i told you before, i dont want to lose all the great games for the psp.

thanks

PD: Since i didnt saw this thread before and mine was closed, here is the post

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 TIGERLIONX

Well hi everyone

Until now ive searched the internet, reading reviews, watching videos, opinions and all kind of stuff about which psp to buy. But in the end i want the opinion of the gamer community, i hope for people who have or had both consoles and can give a clearer opinion about which is better.

I know each one have its advantages and disadvantages like bluetooth, smaller screen, umd, etc, but before you give me your opinions here are some questions/facts to take in mind when you write your point of view:

- I know the pspslim has a bigger screen than the psp go, but what i really care is quality, so which one?

- It's really worth the bluetooth?

- Which is the maximun memory capacity that supports each handheld?

- Battery life

- Loading times

- Comfortability

- Software/Hardware

I thinks thats all, and here are some things that i really don't care about so don't take them in mind when writing your opinion

* UMD (I plan to get all my games digitally)

* Price (Where i lives both cost the same)

* PSPVita (I plan to get this one at some point later too mostly because i dont want to lose the psp games library since vita wont have retrocompatibility with the psp games, so please dont tell me to wait for the vita)

Well everyone i hope you can help me with this decision due to i wanted this console since it came out but didn't had the money (mostly because my ps3) but like i told you before, i dont want to lose all the great games for the psp.

thanks

PD: Since i didnt saw this thread before and mine was closed, here is the post

TIGERLIONX

plz anyone can help me with this since the thread i posted got closed?

thanks

DirkTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 DirkTheBlue
I want to sell my Custom PSP 3000 so bad. But, because of the PSP Vita, nobody will buy it >:( Also, why is Sony making another PSP if the Vita is coming out?
DirkTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 DirkTheBlue
Depends on the price. If the 3000 is a lot more, I'd go with the 2000. But, if the 3000 isn't too much more, I'd get it.
Soldier235689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Soldier235689
Member since 2011 • 29 Posts

I think the psp go is best because it is very small

sephiroh00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 sephiroh00
hi, im a newbie and im planning to buy a psp, what model are good to buy? this is my first time will use a psp
TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 TIGERLIONX

which psp have the best screen, psp go or psp slim?

thehunter1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 thehunter1900
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts

which psp have the best screen, psp go or psp slim?

TIGERLIONX

PSP go has a sharper screen through being smaller, the PSP slim has a bigger screen tho.

Its just what you prefer.

98Patapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 98Patapon

id reccomend the 3000 its the best one out there so far...

MaddogQ80
Yes the PSP 3000 is the best but if you can wait like three months the Playstation VITA will come out which PSP VITA: -supports Umds -has Two touch pads(one on the front one on the back) -Psn capable -and allows you to play with friends on PS3
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Granpire
[QUOTE="98Patapon"]Yes the PSP 3000 is the best but if you can wait like three months the Playstation VITA will come out which PSP VITA: -supports Umds -has Two touch pads(one on the front one on the back) -Psn capable -and allows you to play with friends on PS3

The Vita will NOT have UMD support. This has been confirmed by Sony. The only PSP games playable are ones that are on PSN that you have bought digitally.
cj-NikoFreakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 cj-NikoFreakin
In my Opinion Psp 3000 is bes not psp go cause psp go games are very costly indeed
Avatar image for CrazyRacerXtrem
CrazyRacerXtrem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 CrazyRacerXtrem
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts
i got pspgo and i reckon its the best PSP system besides PsVita, the only down side is; you have to downloade ALL your games, i do think Psp3000 would be better but PsVita smashes all of em by 100% lol
JNKtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#170 JNKtastic
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts
I like the idea of the Vita and I know that eventually, I'll probably take the jump and go for it. The question is how soon or, as I have a feeling it's going to be, how late. Right now, I'm feeling really conflicted and I'm wondering if there's anyone else working around a similar conflict and if so, how are they approaching the 'upgrade' to the Vita. Should I consider it to be an upgrade to the PSP - something to replace what I already have - or just a whole new system entirely - something not really meant to replace what I already have? So here's the deal: I have a PSP 3000 that I bought in a bundle (Dissidia) back in 2009 and my UMD library - both games and movies - has really grown over the years. I own two dozen someodd UMD games and at least a dozen more UMD movies. I own exactly 3 downloaded titles - FFVII (PSOne), FFVIII (PSOne), Dissidia duodecim Prologus (PSP), and plan to add on quite few more in the future. I also have a small collection of themes and various DLCs from certain games. In relation, I have 38 Gigs of Memory Stick space (16 Gigs, 16 Gigs, 4 Gigs, 2 Gigs) - space that is taken up by PSN-related downloads and multimedia from my own collection. I get a lot of use out of my PSP from not only the gameplay but also from watching movies (UMD and downloaded) and listening to music (my own collection) and the occasional Skype chat now and again. I had the chance to either go for the Go or stick with the PSP 3000 series (or otherwise), but I chose the 3000 series because I like having game cartridges and don't fully trust having everything download and online only. The later fiasco with the PSN confirmed some of my paranoia. On the other hand, I also know there is a move towards downloads. That said, I know the downloaded games will be still be available/backwards compatible for the Vita... but the UMDs won't be. The fact that I can't port over Crisis Core, the DJ Max series, and other UMD-only titles along with the movies makes me balk at seeing the Vita as an upgrade - as something meant to replace the PSP - because the Vita CAN'T take over from where my PSP has left off at and therefore can't replace it as it isn't backwards compatible with my older UMD collection. On the other hand, it is clear that the Vita is meant to be a replacement for the PSP despite the fact that the older UMD games are not only not backwards compatible but are also not all available for download from the PSN. Given this lack of compatibility, how are others who also have a substantial UMD collection approaching the possibility of owning Vita? Just another console to put aside money for - one which will go alongside their older PSP? A console to replace their older PSP and who cares about the UMDs? What are you going to do about all of your older UMDs that don't come with downloadable versions?
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Granpire
[QUOTE="JNKtastic"] The fact that I can't port over Crisis Core, the DJ Max series, and other UMD-only titles along with the movies makes me balk at seeing the Vita as an upgrade

Some, if not all the DJ Max Portable series are available on PSN. Agreed about the movies, but in reality, most people didn't bother with them.
JNKtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 JNKtastic
[QUOTE="Granpire"][QUOTE="JNKtastic"] The fact that I can't port over Crisis Core, the DJ Max series, and other UMD-only titles along with the movies makes me balk at seeing the Vita as an upgrade

Some, if not all the DJ Max Portable series are available on PSN. Agreed about the movies, but in reality, most people didn't bother with them.

DJ Max Fever and DJ Max Portable 3 are available, but I have imports of the other games (like Black Square) on UMD as well. And yeah, I honestly don't know too many other people who have a UMD movie collection.
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

I'm thinking about buying a PSP and the only one really available locally is the PSP E1000. I don't want to play online anyway, but I'm more worried about the in-built battery. How long can I expect to play it before the battery finally dies out? By then I assume it will be very hard/expensive to get a PSP, so I'll never be able to play my UMDs again.. Kind of puts me off buying one.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#174 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
[QUOTE="JNKtastic"] Given this lack of compatibility, how are others who also have a substantial UMD collection approaching the possibility of owning Vita? Just another console to put aside money for - one which will go alongside their older PSP? A console to replace their older PSP and who cares about the UMDs? What are you going to do about all of your older UMDs that don't come with downloadable versions?

Just keep your PSP man, I know where you're coming from, I use mine for almost anything, have quite a collection of themes, music and multimedia on it, I also prefer physical copies, while Sony will do what they can to make the vita a decent alternative to the PSP it's not a PSP, it's a whole different console, that being said, after reading your post I don't see how someone who likes his PSP so much can just toss it aside for a new console If you're trying to find a console that will replace your PSP completly then you're looking in the wrong direction, just keep it, you seem to be a collector, what's wrong with keeping the PSP? Will you be losing anything for having your games on a PSP than on a vita?
JNKtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 JNKtastic
[QUOTE="Darthkaiser"][QUOTE="JNKtastic"] Given this lack of compatibility, how are others who also have a substantial UMD collection approaching the possibility of owning Vita? Just another console to put aside money for - one which will go alongside their older PSP? A console to replace their older PSP and who cares about the UMDs? What are you going to do about all of your older UMDs that don't come with downloadable versions?

Just keep your PSP man, I know where you're coming from, I use mine for almost anything, have quite a collection of themes, music and multimedia on it, I also prefer physical copies, while Sony will do what they can to make the vita a decent alternative to the PSP it's not a PSP, it's a whole different console, that being said, after reading your post I don't see how someone who likes his PSP so much can just toss it aside for a new console If you're trying to find a console that will replace your PSP completly then you're looking in the wrong direction, just keep it, you seem to be a collector, what's wrong with keeping the PSP? Will you be losing anything for having your games on a PSP than on a vita?

I am definitely a collector and a major PSP fan and where I never intended to simply toss my PSP aside in favor of the Vita, after further thought and some input from various other people including yourself, I think I have definitively jumped ship from 'the Vita is a replacement console' to 'the Vita is a whole new console aside from the PSP'. I guess my main conundrum is/was related to how the Vita is meant to 'replace' the PSP and how that plays into/factors into how I budget for it... or at least, the mentality that's involved in budgeting changes. Spending a lot of money to buy a 'replacement' for the PSP which doesn't really replace the PSP at all vs spending a lot of money to buy a whole new console sort of thing. Spending a lot of money for a replacement that isn't really a replacement feels different than simply buying a whole new console, if that makes any sense at all? Seeing the Vita as a whole new console aside from the PSP shifts the sense of, "That's a lot of money to spend for a replacement that isn't really replacing anything (UMDs that are non-replaceable at the moment)," to a more 'reasonable', "That's a lot of money to invest in a new console." Thanks for your thoughts; I rather appreciate them especially from someone who's knows where I'm coming from. :)
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
I wonder why this thread even exists. The only two answers that you'll ever get here is a PSP-3000 and a PS Vita.
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
I wonder why this thread even exists. The only two answers that you'll ever get here is a PSP-3000 and a PS Vita.NiKva
You never know it kind of depends on the situation If you're buying a psp for a little kid or something you should just try with a 1000 since it's sturdier and can last longer if the kid drops it or stuff or the N1000 E1000 whatever the new one is called. Some people will have difficulty choosing between 2000 or 3000 and just want opinion from other owners, all in all it just depends on the different situations we may come across
GamesRing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 GamesRing
Member since 2012 • 67 Posts

ps vity :P

just kidding psp go

CooperThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#179 CooperThief
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts

Are we using this thread to recommend Vitas as well? Or is it exclusive to PSP?

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#181 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
so I was reading that the vita is backwards compatible with psp games digitally? Does this mean if I own any umd psp games I can't play them on the vita? I'm trying to decide whether I want to buy a psp or just get a vita and play psp games.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#182 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I'm seriously considering a PSP go. I can get one for $100. I already have a PSP 3000, but I want this mainly for PS1 games, and not have to worry too much about system storage. Also, I'll pass on it if there's a chance that the PS Vita will be able to play PS1 games in the future.

Is this a good deal?

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#183 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

so I was reading that the vita is backwards compatible with psp games digitally? Does this mean if I own any umd psp games I can't play them on the vita? I'm trying to decide whether I want to buy a psp or just get a vita and play psp games. Microsoft1234
Yes, you cannot play UMD games on the PS Vita. Only downloaded ones.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Granpire

I'm seriously considering a PSP go. I can get one for $100. I already have a PSP 3000, but I want this mainly for PS1 games, and not have to worry too much about system storage. Also, I'll pass on it if there's a chance that the PS Vita will be able to play PS1 games in the future.

Is this a good deal?

BuryMe
The Vita will more than likely support PS1 titles. Just not... Now. Sony's official stance is "We will announce further details when they are ready."
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Microsoft1234
so i bought a psp 3000, got little big planet, modnation racers with it. any must buy titles?
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Granpire
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - One of the most memorable videogame stories of all time, in my opinion, and the gameplay is great to boot. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - All round superb game. The story, production values, gameplay, variety, replayability, almost nothing could be better. Besides those two absolute must-haves, it depends on what kinds of games you like. Any specific genres you like? Midnight Club: LA Remix is my favorite racing game, if Modnation Racers is any indication of your preferences.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Microsoft1234
probably gonna pick up crisis core. I actually plan to download crash 1 and silent hill 1 from the psn classics. I used to love Crash bandicoot, and haven't played silent hill 1 ever.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Granpire
Though it's very different from the rest of the series, I can recommend Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. It's got none of Silent Hill's clunky combat(if you're into it), but it's got amazing atmosphere and a great psychological story. Probably more polished than the other games, in my opinion.
brian6330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 brian6330
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

I liek RPG games - so which should I get? (I prefer playing single-player)

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Microsoft1234
anybody know where I can get the sony brand for connecting psp to tv? don't own a ps3, feel like playing games from time to time on a tv.
lldjslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 lldjslim
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
i want one
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Granpire
anybody know where I can get the sony brand for connecting psp to tv? don't own a ps3, feel like playing games from time to time on a tv. Microsoft1234
I've always seen them in my local Wal-Mart, but you should be able to find them wherever PSP accessories are sold.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
PSP3000 is the best version,no ghosting..better colors,and i don't have notice any scanlines.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

[QUOTE="Microsoft1234"]so I was reading that the vita is backwards compatible with psp games digitally? Does this mean if I own any umd psp games I can't play them on the vita? I'm trying to decide whether I want to buy a psp or just get a vita and play psp games. BuryMe

Yes, you cannot play UMD games on the PS Vita. Only downloaded ones.

This......and the PSP games on PSVita looks and play better.
carmelgene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 carmelgene
Member since 2012 • 68 Posts
thanks for posting this :)
Omega_Zero69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#196 Omega_Zero69
Member since 2006 • 13668 Posts
hi im planning on getting a psp vita but some of the games have cross system , my question is if i already got mgs hd collection for ps3 can i not buy it for vita and still play the cross system from my ps3 to vita or do i have to have both vita and ps3 version of the game to play the game ? The question also applies to the other games that can be used for cross system.
xDETROITx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 xDETROITx
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
PSP 3000 is the newest one other than the vita
ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#198 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

PSP 3000. You can play both digitially downloaded games and the UMD games that never made it to digital. that is all.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Where Can I ask about the vita?

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Granpire
I suppose that here would be a decent enough place... This is the PSP/Vita forum, after all. Most people have just made their own threads, but here would probably be fine.