The Last of us ruined

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxRefereexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XxRefereexX
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

By the Clickers. Seriously I hate these cheap beep enemies. They kill the game for me. I've been doing nothing but cursing for 30 minutes now.

They cheat. I tested it. I monitored the walking pattern on one of them. I sat absolutely still in the room and the Clicker ever so SLIGHTLY changed it's pattern so that it walked right in to me.

And never mind that. How about when you CAREFULLY stalk one of them for like 3 seconds only for them to conveniently change direction, and they'll repeat that behaviour OVER AND OVER again.

It doesn't matter how much you sneak, they WILL hear you.

Yeah, this is whining. I am venting because if I continue cursing out loud my neighbour will call an insane asylum.

End of rant 

MiguelNoche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MiguelNoche
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts

You need to sneak slower.  That's all.

abnergoinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 abnergoinbig
Member since 2011 • 81 Posts

This post makes me love the game even more. 

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

You need to sneak slower.  That's all.

MiguelNoche
Yeah, if it's that bad you could save up and upgrade the shiv.
RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

Lol, don't worry man, almost 90% of my deaths were caused by clickers hahaha xD. Just shiv all of them hahaha xD. 

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

By the Clickers. Seriously I hate these cheap beep enemies. They kill the game for me. I've been doing nothing but cursing for 30 minutes now.

They cheat. I tested it. I monitored the walking pattern on one of them. I sat absolutely still in the room and the Clicker ever so SLIGHTLY changed it's pattern so that it walked right in to me.

And never mind that. How about when you CAREFULLY stalk one of them for like 3 seconds only for them to conveniently change direction, and they'll repeat that behaviour OVER AND OVER again.

Yeah, this is whining. I am venting because if I continue cursing out loud my neighbour will call an insane asylum.

End of rant

XxRefereexX

Youre doing it wrong.

I snuck up on a dozen of those things and shived it. Ive also snuck past a bunch of them. In fact the game even tells you that when you sneak you still make noise, if you move very slowly they can still hear if, if they start to notice you that you need to stop and wait for them to pass.

And yeah, they change direction because its supposed to be challenging. What fun would it be if they never heard you and only walked in one back and fourth pattern over and over again?

Sounds like youre just pissed that game isnt something you can walk through with no effort.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Clickers are easy.. throw a bottle, when they all rush to it throw a molotov.
sidjai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 sidjai
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
It's supposed to evoke that feeling. You're supposed to hate Clickers from the bottom of your heart. But they definitely don't ruin the game. It's a difficult and frustrating game, and all that is rewarded with the Story. You wanna fight so that your characters live to see another day.
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

To be honest I found the clickers to be too unchallenging in this game. in the early trailers I thought they would be really tough to deal with, but you can simply throw bottles and sneak past them. Making them blind did make them unique, but it removed a lot of the challenge. 

JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JasonDarksavior

To be honest I found the clickers to be too unchallenging in this game. in the early trailers I thought they would be really tough to deal with, but you can simply throw bottles and sneak past them. Making them blind did make them unique, but it removed a lot of the challenge. 

Asim90
The Bloaters were such a pain to deal with though.
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Asim90

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

JasonDarksavior

Hmm.. I remember having trouble only once with a bloater, which was the part when you had to switch on the power and run to the door with the keycard, but that's only because it was dark and narrow. The bloaters were generally quite easy too, a molotov or two and some sneaking generally does the trick. I wish the infected were more challenging. Perhaps survivor is a lot more difficult.

JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JasonDarksavior

[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"][QUOTE="Asim90"]

Asim90

Hmm.. I remember having trouble only once with a bloater, which was the part when you had to switch on the power and run to the door with the keycard, but that's only because it was dark and narrow. The bloaters were generally quite easy too, a molotov or two and some sneaking generally does the trick. I wish the infected were more challenging. Perhaps survivor is a lot more difficult.

I don't think I'll ever forget that part in the game ... Really creepy.
Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

Its not ruined by the clickers, its ruined by the fact that after I have taken out a few bad guys and have no ammo or no health, Ellie magically throws me 6 shotgun shells or a health pack, completely ruining the tension. She does this every time! :x

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

End of rant 

XxRefereexX
Maximum ass hurt right here folks.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nengo_Flow

Its not ruined by the clickers, its ruined by the fact that after I have taken out a few bad guys and have no ammo or no health, Ellie magically throws me 6 shotgun shells or a health pack, completely ruining the tension. She does this every time! :x

Jshoelace
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She NEVER did that for me. In fact I never knew she could even do that. Are you playing on easy on something? Cuz I have never heard or seen that in all the TLoU vids and reviews or player commentating. I've played the story 3 times already and I have never had that happen.
badlalo59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 badlalo59
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts

LOL yeah shes done it for me. Not Ammo but Health packs. I'm currently going thru survival mode and shes really aggressive. She throws more bricks and even jumps on a hunters back while stabbing him too. Shes helped get me out of alot of james that for sure.

As for those Clickers you really need to make use of those bottles. If your playing on Survival don't waste a Shiv on them. Just Don't. Your going to hate those times you should've saved a Shiv for those doors that only unlock with them.

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

[QUOTE="Jshoelace"]

Nengo_Flow

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She NEVER did that for me. In fact I never knew she could even do that. Are you playing on easy on something? Cuz I have never heard or seen that in all the TLoU vids and reviews or player commentating. I've played the story 3 times already and I have never had that happen.

No, I first played through on hard with listen mode off, and am now replaying on survival. She seems to do it everytime. Always 6 shotgun shells over any other bullets too. 

The worst is when a health pack randomly appears in my inventory and there is a 'ding' noise. Ellie doesnt even mention she has found a pack, I just assume its her thats found one as she normally comments on it like 'here have some ammo' or something. 

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

You need to sneak slower. That's all.

MiguelNoche

Yeah, I played through the game on Hard difficulty, and I found the clickers to be the easiest enemies to deal with... as long as you sneak really slow. I didn't bother killing any of them unless I had to, and saved the shivs for shiv doors.

CrownedClownAg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CrownedClownAg
Member since 2013 • 54 Posts
uh, I snuck right up on them and killed those guys just about every time. Or I funneled them directly into my flamethrower and a door.
mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
[QUOTE="Asim90"]

[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"] The Bloaters were such a pain to deal with though.JasonDarksavior

I always shit bricks there :(
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nengo_Flow

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="Jshoelace"]

Jshoelace

No, I first played through on hard with listen mode off, and am now replaying on survival. She seems to do it everytime. Always 6 shotgun shells over any other bullets too. 

The worst is when a health pack randomly appears in my inventory and there is a 'ding' noise. Ellie doesnt even mention she has found a pack, I just assume its her thats found one as she normally comments on it like 'here have some ammo' or something. 

I never seen or heard of that. Maybe its cuz your playing on hard??? IDK i havent played on hard, only on medium. But thats crazy, not once ever has she given me anything.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
[QUOTE="Jshoelace"]

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She NEVER did that for me. In fact I never knew she could even do that. Are you playing on easy on something? Cuz I have never heard or seen that in all the TLoU vids and reviews or player commentating. I've played the story 3 times already and I have never had that happen.Nengo_Flow

I never seen or heard of that. Maybe its cuz your playing on hard??? IDK i havent played on hard, only on medium. But thats crazy, not once ever has she given me anything.

my first play through was on medium and she gave me stuff. it doesn't make it obvious so it is entirely possible you just didn't see it.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nengo_Flow
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="Jshoelace"]

MethodManFTW

my first play through was on medium and she gave me stuff. it doesn't make it obvious so it is entirely possible you just didn't see it.

nope... I be running out of amo all the time. The only time I used the shotgun was the parts with Bill, other than that I barely ever came across shotgun amo so i barely use that gun again for the rest of the game. Maybe thats just it.... Ellie gives you Shotgun amo if you are running low or out, but since i didnt really use it, she wasnt giving it to me. And I surely would of notice if she game me medkits.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
ammo
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nengo_Flow
can some one explain to me why I havent gotten a single loadout point for the last 3 weeks? it still says 0/11 How do you get points? Cuz I have alot of stuff unlock but i cant even purchase them cuz I dont have any points. And #2, how do i get boosters? I have nothing. I dont see an option to pick any. Why doesnt the game offer me any booster before a match like it did when i first stared playing?
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"][QUOTE="Asim90"]

mep69

You can make that passage a whole lot easier if you FIRST get the Keycard and THEN switch the generator on, this way all you have to care for after the generator is on is to make it to the door

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Asim90

[QUOTE="mep69"][QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"] I don't think I'll ever forget that part in the game ... Really creepy.Justforvisit

You can make that passage a whole lot easier if you FIRST get the Keycard and THEN switch the generator on, this way all you have to care for after the generator is on is to make it to the door

Yeah that's what I did, it's still pretty terrifing though. As soon as I pulled the power chord thing I just made a quick dash for the door, and whilst I was sprinting the bloater just jumped out in front of me. I actually screamed.. :lol:

cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
Clickers are incredibly easy to deal with as is all Infected in the game... You can run through most encounters without even using a bullet! It can get to the point where its a little game breaking, like if you have an A.I partner with you just keep running around until they kill it for you! Works like a charm for saving bullets on survivor.
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

This post makes me love the game even more. 

abnergoinbig

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] I never seen or heard of that. Maybe its cuz your playing on hard??? IDK i havent played on hard, only on medium. But thats crazy, not once ever has she given me anything.Nengo_Flow

nope... I be running out of amo all the time. The only time I used the shotgun was the parts with Bill, other than that I barely ever came across shotgun amo so i barely use that gun again for the rest of the game. Maybe thats just it.... Ellie gives you Shotgun amo if you are running low or out, but since i didnt really use it, she wasnt giving it to me. And I surely would of notice if she game me medkits.

I played through the first time on Easy and she never gave me anything.

Then I played through on Hard and she would give me stuff when I was running out. I'm pretty sure it's when you're running really low on supplies... I'm guessing they do it because of the auto-save points. You could get stuck in a near impossible spot where your health was low and you didn't have any ammo and had to get through a really tough situation.

If you're not using your shotgun than you have ammo (just maybe not for the gun you want). She was giving me stuff when I only had 1 or 2 bullets left for all my guns combined -- which happens on Hard or Survivor because they don't give you much ammo or supplies at all.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

JasonDarksavior

They're existance in the game kind of kills the pacing since they only appear a few times and are there just to force a kind of boss battle here and there.

As for the clickers, yeah, I find them kind of useless.  Unlike a hard game like Dark Souls that rewards skill and punishes laziness, the clickers just kind of do whatever, which wouldn't be an issue if they didn't instantly kill you.  Really, I thought it was a lot more fun having to be stealthier around the human enemies, as their movements weren't so sporadic and it allowed for more strategy over luck.