the last of us has killed my enjoyment in singleplayer games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kratos_q80
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts

after finishing this monster game ( 4 days after its release day ) i can't seem to enjoy any other other single player game , is the game that good or am i over reacting ? i mean look at my nick name even god of war is becoming boring for me

is it time to move on for ps4 ? is beyond two souls any good to start over

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I don't really know, perhaps you are expecting something like that out of every game now. All games are different and not everyone can be that good in storytelling

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

I guess the i am kind of in the same situation. I guess it provided the perfect blend of combat and story for me. The stealth was not the best in the world, but it blended well with every aspect of the gameplay just as all the others did. I enjoyed the small details such as the characters' reactions to certain notes or details in the environment. I enjoyed the cinematic fell of melee combat and especially the contextual aspect of it.

So, when it comes down to linear single player games this past gen, no other game can do it for this gen except The Last of Us.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Not all games are as dark as this game. I want games of the quality of Walking Dead when it comes to zombie games from now on

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I loved The Last of Us, but I don't think it's set a higher bar for me in any way. I just really enjoyed it and probably won't come across a game like it any time soon. As for Beyond: Two Souls, I just finished it and am still playing it. You should try it if you enjoyed Heavy Rain, since it's about the same from a gameplay perspective in that it's basically an interactive movie. I enjoyed it and all. Thought it had some good ideas, but it didn't resonate with me as much as The Last of Us, if you're looking for some sort of comparison. The writing is a little meh in a few places in my opinion, but overall it's been a good experience.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Probably over reacting. I couldn't even bring myself to finish TLOU purely because the game wasn't that good. It's anything but a standard-setting game.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i love last of us GOTY for me. beyond two souls its fantastic game but its not for every one

pigsybum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#8 pigsybum
Member since 2004 • 1675 Posts

I thought it would be another Uncharted with different setting and storyline. But I was wrong, too much stealth elements that I don't particularly have patience for.

Just my 2 cents.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I think it raised the bar a bit as far as narrative is concerned. It would be rather nice if more game producers took the care into their plot and narrative as this game showed.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#10 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Ya, you are overracting. The last of us isn't the grand masterpiece of games. I can't even get interested in the game. The stealth in the game is just sub par. You can't move bodies and people spot you way to easily.

I think Dues Ex HR spoiled me in single player a lot more than any other game this gen.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts

It happens to all of us in some way or another. After reading a good book, a story in a video game seems like a typical generic trope filled journey through poor dialogue.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I do understand where you are coming from but I still enjoy other games. TLOU is my GOTY

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

The Last of Us is my GOTY, but there are still other good single player games out there... I'm really enjoying Assassin's Creed 4 right now (and loved Knack). As for moving on to the PS4... I'd probably wait until inFamous comes out if you haven't picked one up already. I love my PS4... but there's nothing on the scale of TLOU on it at the moment. Then again, there's nothing on the scale of TLOU on ANY other system at the moment.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

The atmosphere was pretty excellent, but that overall gameplay was nothing to fantastic. most of it was just sneaking up on stuff and stealth killing them

that being said, yes, it was one of my favorite games of 2013, but it certainly wasn't life changingly good

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@ristactionjakso said:

Ya, you are overracting. The last of us isn't the grand masterpiece of games. I can't even get interested in the game. The stealth in the game is just sub par. You can't move bodies and people spot you way to easily.

I think Dues Ex HR spoiled me in single player a lot more than any other game this gen.

That is hilarious because I think that the AI can be a bit blind at times. And come on, there is more to it than stealth. However, I am sure that you know that.