The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts

[QUOTE="jerkface96"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"] I know what you meant :P Bf3 probably has higher res textures and crap like that that takes up a lot of space.. It might also be two completely separate exes like medal of honor.. Though I doubt that LightR
hopefully the new engine isn't as hard on the ps3 as frostbite 1.5 was. That and ANT (somethig used in FIFA games to make movement look realistic) might add to the large amount of data needed maybe a lot more audio too? cause I think audio takes up a bunch of space, Audio as in a lot different guns and vehicles and military voices going on lol .

look in quote

Hmm... you guys make some good points... there ARE a lot of recycled visuals and sounds in the Bethesda games I've played (not to mention garbage animations :P )

Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#452 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts
[QUOTE="jerkface96"][QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"][QUOTE="jerkface96"] yea I dont know man haha. Its funny though because most games that are embargoed are actually good.

Yea that's true... like Resistance 3 should AT LEAST get an 8 from most places. Weird, I can't see why any company would do it... but they do...

I wasnt going to get this game, and then I looked up gameplay footage and it looks fun. and I like how the MP is back to 8v8, 30v30 was too chaotic, if I want huge battles Ill blay a BF game instead.

I was considering it for the same reasons as you but after playing the first Resistance I just couldn't enjoy the gameplay... loved the presentation though.
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts
Whats goin on guys. Just finished Deus Ex so thought I'd pop in. Is the thing after the credits a hint at the first game. Or what?
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Whats goin on guys. Just finished Deus Ex so thought I'd pop in. Is the thing after the credits a hint at the first game. Or what?Tetrarch9

I'm screwing around on the internet, pwning noobs on League of Legends and luling at the trolls/misinformed on SW.

You know you own someone when not one single person dares to respond :P

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#455 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
Whats goin on guys. Just finished Deus Ex so thought I'd pop in. Is the thing after the credits a hint at the first game. Or what?Tetrarch9
Yeah, it's a huge reference to the first game [spoiler] Bob Page is the main bad guy in the first game. That nano-virus they're talking about is the grey death in the first game. And the "Project D" is Project Denton which is a reference to JC Denton, the main character in Deus Ex 1. Also, the music that plays, main theme from Deus Ex [/spoiler] You can tell people who loved Deus Ex made Human Revolution :)
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 Tetrarch9
[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]Whats goin on guys. Just finished Deus Ex so thought I'd pop in. Is the thing after the credits a hint at the first game. Or what?anime_gamer007
Yeah, it's a huge reference to the first game [spoiler] Bob Page is the main bad guy in the first game. That nano-virus they're talking about is the grey death in the first game. And the "Project D" is Project Denton which is a reference to JC Denton, the main character in Deus Ex 1. Also, the music that plays, main theme from Deus Ex [/spoiler] You can tell people who loved Deus Ex made Human Revolution :)

They should remake it for people who where six when it came out in 2000.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 anime_gamer007
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]Whats goin on guys. Just finished Deus Ex so thought I'd pop in. Is the thing after the credits a hint at the first game. Or what?Tetrarch9

I was six when Deus Ex came out. I still think it's ****ing awesome today.
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 Tetrarch9
[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]Yeah, it's a huge reference to the first game [spoiler] Bob Page is the main bad guy in the first game. That nano-virus they're talking about is the grey death in the first game. And the "Project D" is Project Denton which is a reference to JC Denton, the main character in Deus Ex 1. Also, the music that plays, main theme from Deus Ex [/spoiler] You can tell people who loved Deus Ex made Human Revolution :)anime_gamer007

I was six when Deus Ex came out. I still think it's ****ing awesome today.

Never Played it and I've only ever had 3 systems PS1,2 and 3. And I was also 6.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 anime_gamer007
I'm not saying I played Deus Ex when I was six, I only first played it this past month and I think it's a fantastic game. Anyways, been a PlayStation fan all your life huh? I was Nintendo fan and then the Wii happened and ya know.... My console history looks something like: NES, Sega Genesis, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Wii and now PS3. I loved my NES, Genesis and N64 but then I gave them to my little brother and that was pretty much it for them. Sold my Wii after I wanted to play MGS4 and the PS3 was my only option. And now, I'm leaning more and more towards PC gaming.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#460 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
I found a file on Adam Jensen in one level. Dude graduated from University of Phoenix. lol Also, you guys are so young! I was 14 when Deus Ex came out. :P
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 Tetrarch9
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]I'm not saying I played Deus Ex when I was six, I only first played it this past month and I think it's a fantastic game. Anyways, been a PlayStation fan all your life huh? I was Nintendo fan and then the Wii happened and ya know.... My console history looks something like: NES, Sega Genesis, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Wii and now PS3. I loved my NES, Genesis and N64 but then I gave them to my little brother and that was pretty much it for them. Sold my Wii after I wanted to play MGS4 and the PS3 was my only option. And now, I'm leaning more and more towards PC gaming.

I don't play enough to justify owning more then one console a gen. I've always liked sonys games and controller anyway.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 anime_gamer007
I found a file on Adam Jensen in one level. Dude graduated from University of Phoenix. lol Also, you guys are so young! I was 14 when Deus Ex came out. :PMrSelf-Destruct
Whatever man, it hit me like a ton of bricks when I realized Resident Evil 4 is 6 years old back in January. I remember reading all up on it in Nintendo Power and playing the **** out of it when it came out. I literally spend the entire Summer of 2005 playing RE4. So much goddamn stuff to unlock and Mercenaries! Mercenaries! Greatest unlockable mode ever.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Man.. I was playing Mario Kart online with a friend and didn't realize until about 30 minutes later there was no one else on the map and even the clock was at zero it wasn't finishing the game.. :O
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
School in four hours. Wish I had a spare to sleep on, never got around to fixing my sleeping schedule.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 anime_gamer007
School in four hours. Wish I had a spare to sleep on, never got around to fixing my sleeping schedule.LightR
I kinda fixed mine, I was falling asleep around 12, 12:30 which is extremely good for me. But then, I slowly started working my way back to 3-4. Went to bed at 2 last night, woke up at 7 for school. I think I can survive with 5 hours of sleep.
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 LightR
Got no sleep, but I'm not all that tired. Nerves I suppose.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
gahhhh so tired :(
ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#468 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts

Some guys have made a windows 7 setup file of Daggerfall, so you don't have to mess with dosbox!

http://www.giantbomb.com/the-elder-scrolls-ii-daggerfall/61-1129/easy-daggerfall-setup/35-513253/#10

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 MrSelf-Destruct

Some guys have made a windows 7 setup file of Daggerfall, so you don't have to mess with dosbox!

http://www.giantbomb.com/the-elder-scrolls-ii-daggerfall/61-1129/easy-daggerfall-setup/35-513253/#10

ryrulez
That is simply amazing. Thanks for sharing!
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 starwarsjunky
i lol'ed :oops:  also, loving FFX. except for the F'ing leveling system. so F'ing stupid!!!!!!
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]i lol'ed :oops:

and another one. someone needs to make these a dedicated comic! :P
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#472 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

That smell...

Smells like...School. :x

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 starwarsjunky

That smell...

Smells like...School. :x

supa_badman
oh, i was hoping it was little boys.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#474 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 starwarsjunky
i wish kai had a chance to win. i really liked her character :(
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 MrSelf-Destruct
Am I seriously the only person seeing the vast similarities between Metal Gear Solid and Deus Ex Human Revolution?
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 starwarsjunky
Am I seriously the only person seeing the vast similarities between Metal Gear Solid and Deus Ex Human Revolution? MrSelf-Destruct
they're the same game. do peole not realize they just took MGS4 and changed the name?
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]Am I seriously the only person seeing the vast similarities between Metal Gear Solid and Deus Ex Human Revolution? starwarsjunky
they're the same game. do peole not realize they just took MGS4 and changed the name?

Lol. That's a stretch, but people are trying to say they are nothing alike and their only similarities are the cyberpunk themes. I laugh at these people. Mostly because they clearly never played a MGS game.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]Am I seriously the only person seeing the vast similarities between Metal Gear Solid and Deus Ex Human Revolution? MrSelf-Destruct

Lol. That's a stretch, but people are trying to say they are nothing alike and their only similarities are the cyberpunk themes. I laugh at these people. Mostly because they clearly never played a MGS game.

lol they're VERY similar. people always say that a game based on a movie can't be good. but deus ex is a great example of an exception to that.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] they're the same game. do peole not realize they just took MGS4 and changed the name?

lol they're VERY similar. people always say that a game based on a movie can't be good. but deus ex is a great example of an exception to that.

Son, you be trollin'. :P
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] Lol. That's a stretch, but people are trying to say they are nothing alike and their only similarities are the cyberpunk themes. I laugh at these people. Mostly because they clearly never played a MGS game.

whadya mean? i'm not saying its a BAD movie... :?
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] lol they're VERY similar. people always say that a game based on a movie can't be good. but deus ex is a great example of an exception to that.

Seriously, the MGS is a movie joke is old and stupid. Sure it's full of cutscenes and has a huge convoluted story, but it still has more gameplay and interactivity than most other games, so.... Shut up. :P
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] Son, you be trollin'. :P

Seriously, the MGS is a movie joke is old and stupid. Sure it's full of cutscenes and has a huge convoluted story, but it still has more gameplay and interactivity than most other games, so.... Shut up. :P

maybe so, but there's a LOTTTTT of cutscenes in it. people call it a movie for a reason. not hatin'. just sayin'.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] whadya mean? i'm not saying its a BAD movie... :?

maybe so, but there's a LOTTTTT of cutscenes in it. people call it a movie for a reason. not hatin'. just sayin'.

I know, but still... Stop sayin'. lol
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] Seriously, the MGS is a movie joke is old and stupid. Sure it's full of cutscenes and has a huge convoluted story, but it still has more gameplay and interactivity than most other games, so.... Shut up. :P

I know, but still... Stop sayin'. lol

and from what i hear, one of 'em is around an hour long by itself. thats the length of a short movie. ;) [spoiler] just sayin' :P [/spoiler] [spoiler] you can't get mad at cody can you???  [/spoiler]
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 MrSelf-Destruct
Haha! Freakin' Cody. Damn that show.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 commonfate

Hmmm....

Valkryia Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy VIII, Xenogears, Rayman 2, MGS1 and Just Cause 2.

I have less than 4 months to beat these games :x

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 starwarsjunky

Hmmm....

Valkryia Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy VIII, Xenogears, Rayman 2, MGS1 and Just Cause 2.

commonfate
well get to it, shirley!
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 commonfate

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

Hmmm....

starwarsjunky

well get to it, shirley!

ok

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 starwarsjunky
i just found a downright AMAZING avatar. sadly, i can't use it here :cry:
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 anime_gamer007
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]Am I seriously the only person seeing the vast similarities between Metal Gear Solid and Deus Ex Human Revolution? MrSelf-Destruct

Cyberpunk themes? Nothing in MGS is cyberpunk.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 commonfate

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] they're the same game. do peole not realize they just took MGS4 and changed the name?anime_gamer007

MGS is pretty much anime catered to western audiences

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 anime_gamer007

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] Lol. That's a stretch, but people are trying to say they are nothing alike and their only similarities are the cyberpunk themes. I laugh at these people. Mostly because they clearly never played a MGS game. commonfate

So, anime but good.....

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 commonfate

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]Cyberpunk themes? Nothing in MGS is cyberpunk. anime_gamer007

So, anime but good.....

No idea why I put that :?

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 anime_gamer007
I don't think MGS is much like anime honestly. Sure, it definitely has things in it that clearly shows it's a Japanese game but I think it's feel way more philosophical and better written than most anime. And much better voice acting too.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Hmmm....

commonfate

That's a lot of long games. Hopefully you are at least a portion into each of em. I share the two FF's and Xenogears with you; they;re on my backlog as well.. I need more time to game...

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 LightR
some guys have made a windows 7 setup file of Daggerfall, so you don't have to mess with dosbox!ryrulez
Im on my iPhone but there's a project this guy is doing called Daggerfall XL. Its the second game with Morrowinds graphics and stuff.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] they're the same game. do peole not realize they just took MGS4 and changed the name?

What? Metal Gear Solid is loaded with cyberpunk themes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
... (2 words)
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 anime_gamer007
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] Lol. That's a stretch, but people are trying to say they are nothing alike and their only similarities are the cyberpunk themes. I laugh at these people. Mostly because they clearly never played a MGS game.

What? Metal Gear Solid is loaded with cyberpunk themes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk

Nanomachines and the Patriots A.I. controlling and censoring information is the only thing that's kinda cyberpunk. I don't think of cyberpunk at all when I think of MGS. You don't see any "slums" or anything in MGS that's resonates with that "high tech, low life" thing pretty much every other cyberpunk themed anything as going on. I see MGS as a much more convoluted and kinda crazy Japanese version of a Tom Clancy story.