The install failed. The battery level is low...while charging? (for KH)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

So I just got the game today, and I'm trying to do the full install. I have it connected to my AC adapter so I can install and play while charging. But when I attempt to install, it fails because I'm charging? That in itself is a fail. Same thing when running solo on the AC adapter.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I believe plugging in the AC adapter actually resets the battery to 0% before it starts charging (for some reason.....). Leave it on it's own for an hour to charge then it should be ready to install.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Yeah, it's a bizarre design flaw of the PSP. When I first bought my PSP I took it out of the box and put in a game - wouldn't boot without installing an update. So I tried to update only to be told I needed to charge the battery. Fine, I thought - I'll plug it in. Still got the warning. Ended up having to wait an hour or so before I could even use the **bleep**ing thing. You'd think it would work because you're running off AC power, but geez.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

take out the battery and plug it in to the wall. see what happens. I know my psp works when i plug it in and dont have a battery installed.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Yeah, it's a bizarre design flaw of the PSP. When I first bought my PSP I took it out of the box and put in a game - wouldn't boot without installing an update. So I tried to update only to be told I needed to charge the battery. Fine, I thought - I'll plug it in. Still got the warning. Ended up having to wait an hour or so before I could even use the **bleep**ing thing. You'd think it would work because you're running off AC power, but geez.

I don't mean firmware updates, I mean installing the game data for Kingdom Hearts. But I remembered that I had an old (but fully charged) battery from long ago, so I just used that and it worked.
HallowBastion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 HallowBastion
Member since 2004 • 9906 Posts

So I just got the game today, and I'm trying to do the full install. I have it connected to my AC adapter so I can install and play while charging. But when I attempt to install, it fails because I'm charging? That in itself is a fail. Same thing when running solo on the AC adapter.

tjoeb123
Same thing happened to me today. However, I plugged in the PSP in for an hour or so, and BBS installed fine.