The Future of the Playstation brand.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

doomman328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 doomman328
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

Since the PS3 isnt doing so well and losing Sony money, Do you think this will be the last, Or will there be a 4/5 ect in the future?

I know nothing has been said yet, But i wanna know what you guys think :)

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how much I'm enjoying this generation to care about future ones.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
Sony's not doing as poorly as people seem to believe. Sure, the console has lost them money, but they're making up for it in many other areas. They'll be on top of their game before too long. They're not going anywhere. Also, Andrew Reynolds from Game Informer said on his Twitter that he was investigating to see how many third-party devs have MS's project Nato in hand and found out that they are all farther along on Sony's motion controls instead. So it seems Sony may have a little edge with more support and more intuitive design whenever that hits the shelves. Sony won't die for a long long time.
blazndragon0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blazndragon0
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts
Of course there's going to be a 4/5/6/7/8/9. This gen is far from over ;)
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

20+ million sold already ;)

psyball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 psyball
Member since 2003 • 752 Posts

I dont care personally, I just graduated. After this gen im gunna buy a Third strike cabinet and stop wasting all my money on the video games. (thats probably a lie) I think there will be another ps of course though, big company, as long as they can compete they will compete.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

Im pretty sure there will be a 4th. its kinda like the GC. It sucked then nintendo came out with the wii. the ps3 is Sony's GC. i dont mean that in a bad way. i just mean that thes gen wasnt sony's best. im pretty sure next gen they will improve.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

There will be another PlayStation

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

I like the PS3 a lot.

SylvanMidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SylvanMidget
Member since 2009 • 600 Posts

Sony isn't doing bad, the only thing that held them back was the initial $599 price tag that put a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Yet, the PS3 is only $100 more expensive and its a much better value. Better exclusives, free online, more reliable and impressive hardware, blu-ray and more potential then the 360 and Wii combined. The only thing Sony should do differently is bundle component cables and a headset with the system.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Since the PS3 isnt doing so well and losing Sony money, Do you think this will be the last, Or will there be a 4/5 ect in the future?

doomman328

Hi, welcome to 2009. Last time I checked, everybody was losing money :P

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

I like the PS3 a lot.

Furi-Kun

I think I do too.

No, wait.

I know I like the PS3 a lot.

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

First of all, why don't you enjoy today instead of worrying about tomorrow. Secondly, Playstation has sold over 20 million consoles to date, so i think they will make an another one. Finally, Sony is RICH!!! they can afford to make a new console. Before 2009 Sony had always made a profit.

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

I like the PS3 a lot.

Amster_G

I think I do too.

No, wait.

I know I like the PS3 a lot.

Awesome, I never knew.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Will everyone stop with the whole "sony is going down crap" They aren't doing anywhere near as hot like they did on ps1 or 2, but at the end of the generation, they will be in the black. You forget that this generation is going to last longer than the typical 5 to 6 years. If both Microsoft and Sony have come out with their new motion controllers to use with the current ones out, then this means that there isn't going to be a brand spankin new system out anytime soon. You also forget that they do showoff games for next generation systems about a year or so ahead of their launch dates.Neither MS or Sony have shown anything for PS4 or Xbox 3, so it is safe to say that there isn't going to be a new set anytime soon. The current generation is just now showing what it is made of and Nintendo just came out with a new add on for Wii, so chill. PS3 sells ok for what it costs. You also forget about Sony worldwide.Japan could not care about the 360no matter what and it shows when they have the JRPG's that the japanese love andstill can't make sales beyond the week the game comes out. Europe is more Sony oriented, but MS did steal a bit of that. All in all,the PS3 isgoing to die. If the developers want games tosell well in all territories or have a crack at it, then you can bet they will put some games on PS3. It's NA that Sony needs to worry about. They just can't get peoplebuy anything. They don't advertise enough.

The only reason Sega went down isbecause they lost a lot of trustduring the 16 bit Erawith Sega CD and 32X. TheSaturn business plan was a mess withthe differentSega branches competing with themselves. They had to rerelease games on Saturn because there were bugs in some games. TheDreamcast Launch also suffered hiccups as well with Japanese games being released in america and whatnot. It had a healthy holiday season it's first fall but it went down hard afterthat. PS2 looked to havebetter hardware and boastedDVD playback. Sega also spent a lot of money makingretailers and customers happy because of things. Walmart suedSega for shipment thing and won. Sega ran out of money and saidscrew this.

Sony isn't like Sega they don't rush things out the door. They take their time, maybe too long. Sega lost out because they always made sure they were first all the time no matter if things were done right or not. 22 andhalf million units soldat the 2.5 year mark isn't bad. It isn't awsome but not bad. Gamecubeonly sold as much it's full lifespan. If they canafford toprice the new PSP at $250 I am sure they are fine. Theycan always have Capcom put out a new monster hunter with PSP andsales will go through the roof in Japan. Sony just doesn't have an American game that is a huge hit. Uncharted sold well in NA and God of War most likely will as well. Sony just needs a game that has an appeal to the NA audience. The best shot they have is Uncharted 2, God of War and Gran Turismo 5. Sony might be able to tap into the NA market with the Rockstar exclusive game Agent. If L.A Noir is still exclusive to PS3 that also might help, since it is rockstar games. Final Fantasy 13 is exclusive in Japan so theyhave a game there. Gran Turismo 5will sell likemad in Europe. I think the prologue alone in Europe sold over a million. Sony will be fine in the end, they aren't top dog and might not make it into 2nd place, but they will be financially stableenough to make the PS4. You also forget that the PS2 still sells some. They have 3 sets working for them.

zouhou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 zouhou
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

now i love my ps3 but we all no the 360 won this gen. but i think when the so called 720 comes out with what another halo. sony will already have aclusives up the a and a bigger better fanbase so as for this gen i dont think sony will win but im am pretty damn sure it will beat the so called 720 any 1 agree?

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

gaming industry is a multi-billion dollar industry and i don't think that sony would step out of it, which it led for more than a decade...

on top of everything the games we are playing nowasays don't even push the hardware we are using to its limits, so our next-gen consoles didn't even peaked yet, which could only mean that the ps3 is here for the long haul...

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
[QUOTE="MondasM"]

gaming industry is a multi-billion dollar industry and i don't think that sony would step out of it, which it led for more than a decade...

on top of everything the games we are playing nowasays don't even push the hardware we are using to its limits, so our next-gen consoles didn't even peaked yet, which could only mean that the ps3 is here for the long haul...

very well said!
samosir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 samosir
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
I think many Sony console for gamers been made in futures. Ha, maybe we even seen Sony non-gaming products (sony iPod?)
rahul_rul210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 rahul_rul210
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts
there will be they will learn from their mistakes
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

Sony is doing just fine with the PS3 when taking the way the world economy is and it's still selling very well at a higher price.

Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts
you guys don't remember watching a commercial back when that said, "Playstation 9" :) yeah that was along time ago, but still.... they love us (or maybe just our money), but who's complaining.
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how much I'm enjoying this generation to care about future ones.Scianix-Black

haha couldnt say it better myself

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
It's like making a prediction Microsoft aren't going to make operating systems, or Apple aren't going to make MP3 players. They just... will.
bigmouthkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#26 bigmouthkid
Member since 2006 • 3425 Posts

sony isn't gonna die out for a long time. they still have other products that they make. so im pretty sure we're gonna be seing a playstation 4 in the future but right now we have the PS3 and all of it's amazing glory.:P

sumdumsim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sumdumsim
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts

People are already declaring winners and this gen is just getting started. Give it 3 or 4 more years and then post about who is in what place. That being said I am sure we will continue to see Playstation for a long long time.

aj_rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 aj_rebel
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
the palystation world is an amazing one. from the old school PSX to the current gen PS3, Sony has been doing a great job. But like anything else in the world, this one had its "not so great moments". and the PS3 though has not as much success as MS's Xbox 360 it still is up and running pretty well. And the PS3 has free internet and the PSN compared to the Xbox live that people have to pay for. And will there be a playstation 4? With the current PS3 consoles i guess Sony is gonna make the PS3 go to the maximum that its abilities can handle, with motion controlling and stuff like that, before it can go for a PS4. So, for now we can enjoy the PS3 tht we have and not worry about the crap that some ppl say bout it.
Solid_Cipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Solid_Cipher
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
I think many Sony console for gamers been made in futures. Ha, maybe we even seen Sony non-gaming products (sony iPod?)samosir
Sony iPod = PSP Go
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

doomman328
you know nothing.......
Germanerican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Germanerican
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

Never! Sony has TV's computers, Sterios, Mp3 players, the psp, and lots more. They'll never stop making the Playstation more advanced. I bet when we all have kids, they'll be asking us for the new virtual reality playstation, lol. All they need to do is lower their prices a bit, that's all. Maybe down to 349.99

Germanerican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Germanerican
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

I hope they think of a better name then PS4. Maybe PS Ultimate or something and instead of being a grill it can be a toaster :D

Altiar25

True. I was think Playstation X. And yah, new design. Instead of sleek fingerprint magnet plating, get the same plating as the ps2, nice and smooth. And make the design similar to 360's but not make it sound like a jet engine like the 360, lol. My ps3 is quiet as ever.

nathanrules13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 nathanrules13
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Im pretty sure there will be a 4th. its kinda like the GC. It sucked then nintendo came out with the wii. the ps3 is Sony's GC. i dont mean that in a bad way. i just mean that thes gen wasnt sony's best. im pretty sure next gen they will improve.

painguy1

No I think the PS2 was sony's GC... and the PS3 was sony's wii... and the PS4 will besony's...;)

-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#35 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
Sony is fine, they have Sony Computer Entertainment (which is making money) and the Playstation Network (getting a PSN card later in the summer myself for some KZ2 maps and Flower) is making them money. These things are what make the most money, Sony is getting the console out there and they have tons of content available. They definitely are working on PS4, and it will probably be similar in a way to the PS3 but with a larger focus on Digital Downloading and will most likely come standard with a big hard drive. I just hope that motion controls don't become standardized, and the good and perfect Playstation Controller continues. Otherwise I'm not buying. The PS3 really is the greatest console ever made, the thing is just awesome
blank33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 blank33
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

PS3-go. Which comes with a 40'' LCD television, PS3 slim, and a wagon.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

The Playstation brand is fine.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#38 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Getting tired of these PS4 topics. I think Sony needs to improve more on the PS3.