The future of Sony is looking bright

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Now that I have the appropriate forum for my topic

The support for Sony really seems to be going strong.  The developer River City Rampage stated that it loved working with Sony in getting the game on the PS3 and Vita.  Quantic Dream confirmed that it is still exclusive to Sony and is working on a PS4 title.  The Braid developer also stated that the PS4 is a system for games, and this is why it announced The Witness on Sony's platform first.  The developers behind Shadow of the Damned and Unfinished Swan also have new projects on PS platforms.  This seems like a complete 180 to the months leading up to PS3.  PS4 could start off with a bang.  

MAS_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MAS_100
Member since 2012 • 77 Posts

Don't also forget the more well known first party studios such as Guerilla Games and Naughty Dog. Already know about the new Killzone but I'm certain Sony wouldn't miss out on the chance to try and get Uncharted 4 released as a launch title. Also other various third party studios working on games. Playstation 4 launch definately looks more exciting than the Playstation 3's, which is a very good thing.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I don't want to be too optimistic but they do seem to slowly be turning things around. I'd say things are looking better than they were a year ago. 

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamenerd15

If Sony can release the new first party titles in development for the PS4 parallel to previous titles, then the system should have no lack of games.  Motorstorm has pretty much always been released around late winter-spring except for the second game.  Apocalypse was supposed to come out in March, but got delayed due to the earthquake in Japan.  If Drive Club can at least make a March release date, then that would be cool.  Infamous has always been released around late May to early June.  If Second Son could also come out around the same time next year, then everything would be set.  The Last Guardian is has to be a PS4 title at this point.  It never gets shown at gaming events, and all Yoshida says is that the game is still in development.  He never states which platform the title is on.  The Last Guardian seems like it will be a launch title for PS4. 

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
while i am not a graphics snob, that capcom trailers was mindblowing... it looked like a spiritual sequel to dragon's dogma which looks like **** now after having watched that...
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

If Sony can release the new first party titles in development for the PS4 parallel to previous titles, then the system should have no lack of games.  Motorstorm has pretty much always been released around late winter-spring except for the second game.  Apocalypse was supposed to come out in March, but got delayed due to the earthquake in Japan.  If Drive Club can at least make a March release date, then that would be cool.  Infamous has always been released around late May to early June.  If Second Son could also come out around the same time next year, then everything would be set.  The Last Guardian is has to be a PS4 title at this point.  It never gets shown at gaming events, and all Yoshida says is that the game is still in development.  He never states which platform the title is on.  The Last Guardian seems like it will be a launch title for PS4. 

gamenerd15

Infamous: SS may be ready for the PS4 launch.

Sony do seem a lot more competent and aggressive than they were this time in 2006. Tis quite a relief.

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
I'll believe it when games are released. Remember the Vita. Part of me worries that they'll go the way of Sega...
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamenerd15

I'll believe it when games are released. Remember the Vita. Part of me worries that they'll go the way of Sega...jordonj

What about the Vita?  There was nothing shown off for the Vita before launch.  There are already a lot more games announced for PS4 pre-launch than the Vita pre-launch.  Sony's biggest problem with the Vita is that the company did not have any of its first party studios working on any games for the system.  Yoshida already confirmed that all 12 studios are making PS4 titles.  You have other games like Diablo 3, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Quantic Dream's title after Beyond: Two Souls, The Witness, Sniper Elite 3, Call of Duty, EA Sports titles, something regarding Final Fantasy from Square (as if anyone cares, but still), Deep Down, the new IP from the ex Suda 51 developer and others.  Insomniac games also has three teams making games at the same time.  The company has the Resistance team, the Ratchet team, and the North Carolina team.  There is no doubt that Sony is going to to try to bring Ratchet to PS4.  Insomniac said itself that it is not done with Ratchet quite yet.

I do not really get the notion of the Vita having no games.  You have titles like

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Lumines

Escape Plan

Mutant Blobs Attack

Super Stardust Delta

Hot Shots Golf 6

Unit 13

Wipeout 2048

Gravity Rush

Dokoro

Persona 4 Golden

Little Big Planet Vita

Assassins Creed Liberation

Sly Cooper 4

These games are already out now

In the future there are games like

The new Assissins Credd game

Dragon's Crown

Warriors Lair

Phantasy Star Online 2

Soul Sacrifice

Studio Bend's second Vita game

Killzone Mercanary

Tear Away

Mind Zero

Guaccamelee

The list does not include iffy titles that some people liked such as Ragnarok Oddysey, and Little King's Story.

Marvel vs Capcom 3, Blazblue, The Need for Speed Most Wanted, Disgaea 3, Mortal Kombat, and Rayman Origins are also pretty good ports on Vita if you want those games on the go. 

These are just games that we know about.  I am sure there are games for all 3 platforms that we have no clue exist.