The Division will be Destiny all over again

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Isaacfalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Isaacfalls
Member since 2016 • 143 Posts

So the Division closed BETA good the following remarks:

- The world is limited

- It's only fun with friends (it gets boring quickly when playing alone)

- The dark zone is terrible (you can kill other players for their loot, basically everyone is just killing each other)

- The AI is bad and the game becomes repetitive

Now this is just what I read and heard, I could be wrong, but all this has a big destiny vibe IMO and Destiny was a failure in my eyes.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@isaacfalls said:

So the Division closed BETA good the following remarks:

- The world is limited

- It's only fun with friends (it gets boring quickly when playing alone)

- The dark zone is terrible (you can kill other players for their loot, basically everyone is just killing each other)

- The AI is bad and the game becomes repetitive

Now this is just what I read and heard, I could be wrong, but all this has a big destiny vibe IMO and Destiny was a failure in my eyes.

Don't comment on it then.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I dig it. Though I like Destiny a lot too.

MMO(ish)FPS is definitely a genre now, so if you don't like the genre that is fine.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

This is true. But Its still hot.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

I do agree that it is reminds me Destiny - the RPG elements are too deep IMO for a theme such as The Division - I'm talking about the sponge like enemies that keep on taking bullets without dying, in an RPG fantasy game it's welcomed but not on tactical third person almost real world game - yes it's a bit futuristic with all the drones and stuff but no that far sci-fi that isn't used these days as well.

That's pretty much my main complain about the game, don't care about the graphics downgrade as Ubi always does to their games.

And the world is limited is pure crap IMO, many things are locked because they don't want you to access them right now so they'll "add" stuff on release and after release.

Capri2S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Capri2S
Member since 2016 • 142 Posts

Yeah these comments about the world being limited are pure idiocy.

Its a beta, it only offers a fraction of the full content the finished game will have because its SUPPOSED to be limited. You think they'd give you access to the full game for nothing?!

Same with the limited number of missions and abilities and weapons to unlock, as well as the amount of things to do. What you expect to have full access to the whole game and all its features and game modes from a free beta?

What are these people even thinking??!?!?

Bloody ridiculous.

I loved the beta, going into it expecting nothing and came out surprised and considering buying it.

Anything is better than Destiny but that isn't saying much.

Isaacfalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Isaacfalls
Member since 2016 • 143 Posts
@capri2s said:

Yeah these comments about the world being limited are pure idiocy.

Its a beta, it only offers a fraction of the full content the finished game will have because its SUPPOSED to be limited. You think they'd give you access to the full game for nothing?!

Same with the limited number of missions and abilities and weapons to unlock, as well as the amount of things to do. What you expect to have full access to the whole game and all its features and game modes from a free beta?

What are these people even thinking??!?!?

Bloody ridiculous.

I loved the beta, going into it expecting nothing and came out surprised and considering buying it.

Anything is better than Destiny but that isn't saying much.

Meh. I'm not falling for the Destiny trick again.

Capri2S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Capri2S
Member since 2016 • 142 Posts

@isaacfalls: And that's fine, just don't do it based on the misguided notions that the world and guns and skills are limited just because of the beta, as it was supposed to be limited and only offered a fraction of what the whole game will have. Wait for the game to release and read some reviews first before making your decision just to be sure. Cant blame every game for Destiny's failures and in doing so you might miss out on a gem.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

This type of games have those facts in common, they follow the similar MMO genre. It's been like that for many years. I wouldn't really get into Division if you're expecting a single player story driver game. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-58183aaaa31d8
deactivated-58183aaaa31d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-58183aaaa31d8
Member since 2015 • 2238 Posts

Yep I played the Beta today. It is straight boring.

Avatar image for miss_morningstar
Miss_Morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Miss_Morningstar
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

I've been playing the beta since yesterday and I find the game quite interesting.

I do think that it could use some tweaks, but all in all it could be pretty good!

Follow me on Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/thechocolatealchemist

Glitterella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Glitterella
Member since 2016 • 21 Posts

Im half and half. I want to like it. I did enjoy Destiny for a little while which im scared will happen with this also. I like when i want to play a game for hours by myself, but The Division isnt giving me that vibe, i enjoyed it with friends only. Im hoping it surprises me and i end up liking it, i had high hopes for it.

zero3one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 zero3one
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

I've only played the Division solo so far, it's ok. I don't find it was easy to get into as Destiny and the controls are certainly different.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

I do agree that it is reminds me Destiny - the RPG elements are too deep IMO for a theme such as The Division - I'm talking about the sponge like enemies that keep on taking bullets without dying, in an RPG fantasy game it's welcomed but not on tactical third person almost real world game - yes it's a bit futuristic with all the drones and stuff but no that far sci-fi that isn't used these days as well.

That's pretty much my main complain about the game, don't care about the graphics downgrade as Ubi always does to their games.

And the world is limited is pure crap IMO, many things are locked because they don't want you to access them right now so they'll "add" stuff on release and after release.

Well that's just it, you need to think of it in a different way than a normal shooter. Shooting an enemy 20 times to kill them is the exact same as hitting an unarmored enemy with a sword 20 times to kill them in terms of realism. You only think it is different because of the setting and weapons used.