the darkness story

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hockeyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 hockeyfreak
Member since 2005 • 339 Posts
the darkness was my first game so its not new to me but the ending to me was sweet and all but i was jus twonderring can the story change? can u change the ending like games like fable or something.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
No, its teh same Sad ending. It was nice, but it made feel uneasy. It was a very good Story driven game. It made feel sad at the end, but Also it felt like a completion.
saadniazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 saadniazi
Member since 2004 • 92 Posts

there's a sequel in the works.

snwboardn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 snwboardn08
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts
I loved the ending. I wish there was a sequal.
snwboardn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 snwboardn08
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts

there's a sequel in the works.

saadniazi

chika say wha? Dang is this confirmed?

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
I didnt read the comics, but How can you have a Sequel?
hockeyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hockeyfreak
damn alright so the side missions are just for fun and to know more about the story and the people. thanks and yea the ending was sad but i dont c how a sequel can squeeze in there.
00Raziel00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 00Raziel00
Member since 2007 • 1221 Posts
Yeah don't have a link but they did unconfirm a sequel they say their making it but there's no evidence atm. About the ending I'm sure Jackie gets control again, they have a whole comic to go from.
hockeyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hockeyfreak
how can he get control back if at the end it took over him entirely or w.e the darkness thing said :S i dunno maybe its possible if something happens and his in the light :S i dunno thanks anyways
00Raziel00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 00Raziel00
Member since 2007 • 1221 Posts

We should put a spoiler tag on this topic lol

At the end his Jenny said he needed to wake up(meaning wake up and take control). Blah blah him needing to continue on living on for Jenny basicly he takes control again well whatever we are going to have to wait for The darkness 2 to find out really i hope it comes out early next year.

hockeyfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hockeyfreak
o nice :D didnt c it that way, yea i cant wait either lol
Bio-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bio-G
Member since 2003 • 140 Posts
DO WE REALLY WANT A SEQUEL? the whole game was about the darkness and getting revenge for ur GF!!! u gave Paulie HELL and well we all now what happen to him if you beat the game!!! i think the story is awesome the way it is!!!.... this should be left alone and for u to wonder what happen!! IMO..... and if u guys have not check the darkness website i suggest u do its pretty cool!!
gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 gtarmanrob
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts

DO WE REALLY WANT A SEQUEL? the whole game was about the darkness and getting revenge for ur GF!!! u gave Paulie HELL and well we all now what happen to him if you beat the game!!! i think the story is awesome the way it is!!!.... this should be left alone and for u to wonder what happen!! IMO..... and if u guys have not check the darkness website i suggest u do its pretty cool!!Bio-G

** SPOILERS IN MY POST ** - i know this thread is kinda full of them, but mine are a little more specific.

yeah i kind of have to agree with you there..

The Darkness was one of the best games i've played, and the story was awesome and IMO really well told. in a way Insomniac made the mistake of covering everything in the first game, leaving little room for a sequel without adopting an entire new storyline. sure, if you said yes, Jackie is the don now. so maybe the sequel could be Jackie trying to save the family. and perhaps a blood relative of Paulie, like maybe a son or something, could try get rid of Jackie.

either way, i'd like to see Jackie not only regain control of The Darkness, but manipulate IT instead, gaining access to new and greater powers.

Bio-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bio-G

[QUOTE="Bio-G"]DO WE REALLY WANT A SEQUEL? the whole game was about the darkness and getting revenge for ur GF!!! u gave Paulie HELL and well we all now what happen to him if you beat the game!!! i think the story is awesome the way it is!!!.... this should be left alone and for u to wonder what happen!! IMO..... and if u guys have not check the darkness website i suggest u do its pretty cool!!gtarmanrob

** SPOILERS IN MY POST ** - i know this thread is kinda full of them, but mine are a little more specific.

The Darkness was one of the best games i've played, and the story was awesome and IMO really well told. in a way Insomniac made the mistake of covering everything in the first game, leaving little room for a sequel without adopting an entire new storyline. sure, if you said yes, Jackie is the don now. so maybe the sequel could be Jackie trying to save the family. and perhaps a blood relative of Paulie, like maybe a son or something, could try get rid of Jackie.

either way, i'd like to see Jackie not only regain control of The Darkness, but manipulate IT instead, gaining access to new and greater powers.

yes Insomniac did make that mistake!! in a way!......! imagine the game ending half way thru!! i dont think that would be wise!!... now to make a sequel!! i dont really IMO find a good story line with Jackie being the don and all that!! i dont know why but when i think about and i think of it as Scare-Face.... he started with nothing became the don and died!! sort of.... now what u think of a prequel!!! playing as Jackies dad!! the darkness goes thru each generation of first born male child! +++SPOILER+++

we meet his grandfather and he tell us how he was the one that brought the darkness to the family.... the story tells us that Jackie was adopted by Paulie to be his assassin sort of!the story never tell us what happen to his parents,well they do but they dont explor it more(so there is plenty of room there)..... Jackies dad would have the same powers that jackie did, and if Insomnia want to please the fans they would put more powers and so on!! so my point is a prequel would be much better than a sequel...if not just let the game be one of those rare gems that many people would miss out!!

Avatar image for deactivated-58405e092ba2c
deactivated-58405e092ba2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#15 deactivated-58405e092ba2c
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
I liked that game and the story very much
other44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 other44
Member since 2007 • 1494 Posts

SSSPPPPPPOOOOOIIIIIILLLLLLEEEERRRRSSSSSS

gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gtarmanrob
[QUOTE="gtarmanrob"]

[QUOTE="Bio-G"]DO WE REALLY WANT A SEQUEL? the whole game was about the darkness and getting revenge for ur GF!!! u gave Paulie HELL and well we all now what happen to him if you beat the game!!! i think the story is awesome the way it is!!!.... this should be left alone and for u to wonder what happen!! IMO..... and if u guys have not check the darkness website i suggest u do its pretty cool!!Bio-G

yes Insomniac did make that mistake!! in a way!......! imagine the game ending half way thru!! i dont think that would be wise!!... now to make a sequel!! i dont really IMO find a good story line with Jackie being the don and all that!! i dont know why but when i think about and i think of it as Scare-Face.... he started with nothing became the don and died!! sort of.... now what u think of a prequel!!! playing as Jackies dad!! the darkness goes thru each generation of first born male child! +++SPOILER+++

we meet his grandfather and he tell us how he was the one that brought the darkness to the family.... the story tells us that Jackie was adopted by Paulie to be his assassin sort of!the story never tell us what happen to his parents,well they do but they dont explor it more(so there is plenty of room there)..... Jackies dad would have the same powers that jackie did, and if Insomnia want to please the fans they would put more powers and so on!! so my point is a prequel would be much better than a sequel...if not just let the game be one of those rare gems that many people would miss out!!

**SPOILERS** im gonna keep doing that to cover my own arse hehe.

haha, dude thats actually a pretty awesome idea, prequel instead of sequel. it gets done so much these days, but a story like The Darkness, it only seems fitting. theres no real problem with it ending at Jackie. i mean the Darkness inhabits the first born son, Jackie lost Jenny, his soul mate, so its not likely he would be looking for a new spouse, not to say one wouldnt find him but it would better suit him as a loner. being a loner means no children. no son. that way, he wont have to pass on The Darkness.

so then, the path would be laid for a prequel. and with a story like the original, Insomniac could so pull it off.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

They'll come up with something, as long as fans want a sequel. :)

Btw, I dont want to turn this into a recommendation thread or what not but I wanted to know if this is a great, good, or average game. I hear that it's very story-driven and I'm hoping that's enough for me, because I love story-driven games. I played the demo and that it was decent, but it was just a demo. If you guys would give ratings and/or say it was great, good, or average, I would really appreciate it. Besides, this would help the Darkness get a few more sales, just in case anyone was interested in picking it up too. :)

LordSchmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 LordSchmee
Member since 2007 • 151 Posts

No ending change, it follows the story of the comics.

The Darkness 2 could be out, in which he goes into hell to find her.

gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gtarmanrob

They'll come up with something, as long as fans want a sequel. :)

Btw, I dont want to turn this into a recommendation thread or what not but I wanted to know if this is a great, good, or average game. I hear that it's very story-driven and I'm hoping that's enough for me, because I love story-driven games. I played the demo and that it was decent, but it was just a demo. If you guys would give ratings and/or say it was great, good, or average, I would really appreciate it. Besides, this would help the Darkness get a few more sales, just in case anyone was interested in picking it up too. :)

Elann2008

i cant recommend this game highly enough. nuff said. if you like story driven games, you'll love this. if you want, go into my profile and read my review of it.

No ending change, it follows the story of the comics.

The Darkness 2 could be out, in which he goes into hell to find her.

LordSchmee

** MAJOR SPOILERS **

he goes to hell to find her? wow, why did Jenny go to hell? she was murdered, that warrants a sentence in hell? how harsh is that. The Darkness never claimed Jenny i thought? She was murdered, The Darkness just allowed her life to be taken. how does that make her his?

Bio-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bio-G
hey well i guess that somebodies dreams may come true after all i found this link to a rumor?! about a darkness 2 game on the works!! http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=51473