The copyright protection information is invalid

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kuguy2560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kuguy2560
Member since 2004 • 80 Posts

See I have been having lots of problems with my internet. For one I can't get type 2 to come up on my wireless settings. I could access the playstation store and network for a little while but it would eventually drop. I rented a movie from the store and when I tried downloading it, it would never go through the activation process before the download. Then I finally got the movie I rented to download and now when I try to play the movie, it says "The copyright protection information is invalid" What can I do? I have been working and looking for resolutions to this issue for days. And if anyone can help me with nat type 2, I would be forever in your debt. :D

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
as far as puzzle's go, I'll leave that one to Batman (he's really good at solving riddles [see Arkham Asylum for reference]). j/k but seriously, I don't know... :(
Mutt523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Mutt523
Member since 2008 • 3805 Posts
Maybe you should call Sony idk though.
Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

Is your PS3 updated?

Check the region for the movie vs your PS3 region.

Are you attempting to watch the movie under the same username that you used to rent it?

Kuguy2560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Kuguy2560
Member since 2004 • 80 Posts

It's definately updated because it wouldn't let me connect unless it's updated. And yes I am using the same username as I rented it from.... my first guess is a corrupted file.

Kagutsuchi22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Kagutsuchi22
Member since 2009 • 143 Posts

just curious... ever resolve the issue?

i had the same problem with mine yesterday. i called sony today and they didn't know how to fix the problem. also, they couldnt help me because playstation network as a whole just went off line and they didn't know why so they were trying to get that fixed first.