Thank you, Sony, you've done well, but there are still a few issues....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 metal_gear269
Member since 2005 • 590 Posts
I was completely ecstatic when I heard Sony had finally launched the PSP store, mainly because I don't own a PS3. I was slightly disappointed, though, when I found out it was just a website with a program that you install in the background on your computer. I was hoping for a stand-alone iTunes-ish application, something I could stick on my quick launch. Another thing they need is more original content, like the Xbox Live Arcade. If I could get games like that to take with me on the go, I'd be really happy. Anyone else agree?
aj2kool89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 aj2kool89
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
yeah feel the same way i just wish that there were more psone games than the ones listed.
metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 metal_gear269
I just wish there was more stuff in general. For instance, they should be able to port games like Calling All Cars and flOw with relative ease. And like I mentioned in my first post, they NEED to make it a standalone application like Zune Marketplace or iTunes.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
Its a nice start, and I sure games like flOw will be on there, you know like small games you can download like that. Its the first day, and I dont see how its a problem that its not standalone.
metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 metal_gear269
It could seriously streamline things if they made it stand-alone. To download something now, you have to first get the loader app, then download a special license file, then it downloads the game (at less than stellar speeds, I might add) and loads it onto your PSP. I just think it would be cool if they could merge the PSP Media Center program thing with this, and then we'd have an all-in-one program for loading your PSP up. All I'm saying is it would make it much easier.
metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 metal_gear269
And I know it's only the first day, these are just some suggestions of things I'd like to see in the future.
sagworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 sagworth
Member since 2005 • 190 Posts
They really should have it so that the downloader can just connect to the memory stick too. Because I have never had the need to get a USB cable because my computer has a memory card reader built into it. Now I just tried to download three things from the Playstation Store and I couldn't because I need a USB cable. Guess I'm going to Radioshack.
metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 metal_gear269
Oh yeah, that was another issue I had with it.