Tekken 6 Make or Break Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Iron_Eye18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Iron_Eye18
Member since 2005 • 112 Posts

I've recently bought SF4 and was pretty disapointed. Very Few characters one special and one ultra.slow moving fights, huge imbalances in characters,DEMANDS JOYSTICK AND ALOT Of CHARACTER PRACTICE,same combo basically all the time just switched up slightly. I was comtimplating if fighting games were even good to begin with and this just kinda smashed alot of my hope. I was wondering will Tekken have much more characters, faster gameply, fun creative modes and give me hope towards new fighting games?

Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts
Tekken has possibly the deepest and most complete set of techniques of all the fighting games in history. The special attacks each character has not only look different but require different button combinations. Rest assured that it is MUCH deeper than any game in the genre.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Well no one here has played Tekken 6 to tell ya. I can't wait for it though. One of my most anticipated games this year (and the year before and the year before...). I really like all the Tekken games and considering that they don't change much, this game will be awesome. Tekken 6 has 40 characters (confirmed) and will probably have bowling, maybe Tekken ball, and probably some more modes (not confirmed). Again, it's too early to say, but my opinion is that it will be a great fighting game.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

I've recently bought SF4 and was pretty disapointed. Very Few characters one special and one ultra.slow moving fights, huge imbalances in characters,DEMANDS JOYSTICK AND ALOT Of CHARACTER PRACTICE,same combo basically all the time just switched up slightly. I was comtimplating if fighting games were even good to begin with and this just kinda smashed alot of my hope. I was wondering will Tekken have much more characters, faster gameply, fun creative modes and give me hope towards new fighting games?

Iron_Eye18

I think saying both these things being negatives within the same sentence is a contradiction. You should go to youtube and watch the pros play if you haven't already, the key to playing fighting games are not about combos, but finding mistakes on the opponent and exploiting them with the combos.

JGINQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 JGINQ
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

I've played Tekken 6 once in the arcades (it's been out for awhile) and I like it. I didn't spend enough time on it to have a solid opinion, but I like what I saw.

TC, this is what it sounds like to me - if you're not happy with SFIV because of your high expectations, you probably won't be happy with Tekken 6 as well. Personally, I wouldn't compare the two - the only thing they have in common imo is that they're both fighting games.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

Tekken 6 is basically like the other tekkens. I played a few matches in the arcade and it looks like a slightly upgraded version of tekken 5. There are only a few new characters but most of the oldies are there.

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

tekken is BORINGGGGG, anyone can beat a tekken game with just HIGH KICK and LOW KICK, back up, and KICK. lame lame lame. fighting games should cost no more than 29.99 . u can beat them real quick .

JGINQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JGINQ

tekken is BORINGGGGG, anyone can beat a tekken game with just HIGH KICK and LOW KICK, back up, and KICK. lame lame lame. fighting games should cost no more than 29.99 . u can beat them real quick .

Bow-T_88

You wouldn't last 10 seconds playing me on Tekken with that attitude. I'd juggle you to high heaven and not let you get in a single hit.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

[QUOTE="Bow-T_88"]

JGINQ

You wouldn't last 10 seconds playing me on Tekken with that attitude. I'd juggle you to high heaven and not let you get in a single hit.

Heh yea, some people are crazy good at tekken. The bulk of a fighting game's gameplay is in the multiplayer.

JGINQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JGINQ

^

Lol dude.. you got issues. :lol:

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts
scissor me timbersJGINQ
k
cdx00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cdx00
Member since 2006 • 222 Posts
Well no one here has played Tekken 6 to tell ya. I can't wait for it though. One of my most anticipated games this year (and the year before and the year before...). I really like all the Tekken games and considering that they don't change much, this game will be awesome. Tekken 6 has 40 characters (confirmed) and will probably have bowling, maybe Tekken ball, and probably some more modes (not confirmed). Again, it's too early to say, but my opinion is that it will be a great fighting game.Chaos_Bladez
Actually, I have. an arcade in Houston, Texas has a T6 cabinent and it is one dead sexy piece of work. Tekken 6 plays a lot like 4, without sucking ass. There a new techs to master and juggles are, once again, ruthless without breaking the game. To the OP: Tekken has always been a slower, more strategic style of fighting game. Consider Tekken the 'chess' of fighting games; a pain in the ass (it can be) to learn but so rewarding to master. Each character, as aforementioned, has their own style of 'martial art' - I'm sure you can find a fighter who can suit your personality. The best thing to do is download Tekken 5: DR from the PSN. It's pretty cheap and will give you a really good idea on what's in store for T6, also wet your pallete for core gameplay.
RonnyRarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RonnyRarko
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts

Bow-T_88

your not gonna have fun if u play like that??? try jacking up the difficulty to very hard, then its imposable to beat them with your fool proof strategy their!! tekken is all about learning a few characters moves (all of them!) and really getting good with them, then invite some friends round, drink a few beers and have fun with it.

daveydark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 daveydark
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
agreed, and go on 80 game win streaks