Technical Help Needed for my PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dingo-rides-kx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dingo-rides-kx
Member since 2005 • 54 Posts

OK I just bought Dead Space when it came out and it loaded a new firmware on my system. Played the crap out of that game with no problems. Then I got Little Big Planet but it only loaded up game data so I've been playin both games for about a week. Two nights ago I put in 300 on blu-ray about 20 minutes into the movie it froze up. The system would not eject the disc or shut down. After about 10-15 minutes it finally spit the movie out. Shut it down and left it alone for the night. Last night I put in LBG loaded up fine played for maybe 30 minutes and it froze up. This time the disc came out right away and I shut the system down completely. Now when I turn the PS3 on my OS comes up but it does not read any disc info. Games, movies, PS2 games nothing. I put them in the system and it just sits there like nothing is in it. Please help here have tried eveything. The little icon in the top right corner is there none stop but I don't hear any noise from the drive.

shery_n95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 shery_n95
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

This is a very common PS3 issue.The only thing i cant suggest is try cleaning the lens of your drive but WARNING IT VOIDS WARRANTY.

Here is some more info i could dig up :

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080814232448AA2kd4V

Heres how to clean your Blu ray drives lens and Heres how to dissamble your PS3.

TC BEWARE THIS ALL VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY.If you want to be on the safe side contact Sony.They`ill charge you good around 100+ $.

dingo-rides-kx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dingo-rides-kx

Thanks a bunch, but don't u think I would have had problems leading up to this or is it just go that fast. Cause I try to keep my gaming rig as clean as i can, I also have a 60 inch Sony LCD and surround sound system and the dust this set up attracts is insane.

mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

Restore PlayStation 3 system.

You have this option in System Settings.

Your PS3 will format (choose full, not quick) the hard drive and system settings will be back to default.

If that does not help your Bluray lens is very dirty or Bluray drive is dead.

shery_n95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shery_n95
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

Thanks a bunch, but don't u think I would have had problems leading up to this or is it just go that fast. Cause I try to keep my gaming rig as clean as i can, I also have a 60 inch Sony LCD and surround sound system and the dust this set up attracts is insane.

dingo-rides-kx

hmm believe me send it to sony,cuz theres probably nothing better than that you can do.They`ill probably charge you above 100$ US.So be mentaly prepared for those bills.Some people have also been charged upto 160$ US.Just call the guy at sony and ask him about the price and what type of possible damage your PS3 has suffered from.If the price is affordable,good enough....if not than you should start thinking about other risky methods.

dingo-rides-kx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dingo-rides-kx

If I format my system how much data do I lose, game saves, pictures etc. I thought about doin this but I don't want to lose all that info and I don't have a way to back up my system to another drive.

mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

If I format my system how much data do I lose, game saves, pictures etc. I thought about doin this but I don't want to lose all that info and I don't have a way to back up my system to another drive.

dingo-rides-kx

You will lose everything except PSN account, friends and online stats.

You can backup files with USB memory stick (big enough) altough you will have to do it manually. for example game saves - go game section of XBM, scroll up and select game save data, select the game save and press triangle and copy.

This way you can copy almost everything (pictures, music...)

If you downloaded game,s demos, trailers... from PSN you can do it for free again

To back up your trophy information on the PlayStation®Network server, select (Game) > (Trophy Collection), press the button, and then select [Sync with Server] from the options menu.