Switcher looking for mouse/keyboard games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

geirrosset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 geirrosset
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
If you know of any games that support mouse/keyboard or that will support them when it comes out please list them below. I have switched from PC and can not (and don't really want to) get used to playing FPS games with a controller. And please refrain from posting "you'll get used to it" and similar statements. The fact of the matter is that a mouse is far superior to aiming with your thumb. Hence you don't see a lot of people editing photos in Photoshop using a controller ;) As for  a lot of people who say it would be unfair if people could use them in online games (thus admitting they are better)... you've paid all that money for a PS3, but you don't want to purchase a USB or wireless mouse and keyboard (which are cheap as hell these days)  to get a better gamin exp.? I don't get it.
Warrior_Zeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Warrior_Zeke
Member since 2006 • 64 Posts
Unreal Turnament 3 is supose to be able to use mouce and keyboard on the PS3.  Once that happens I see more games doing the same.
BViking78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BViking78
Member since 2005 • 390 Posts
On contrary I'll tell you "you'll never get used"...
That's my problem too mate... ^^"
I hoped R:FOM would support them but it's a big no...
I hope they will update it to support them or any cool new FPS will support them... :)
nosedive51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nosedive51
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
Can you explain to me how your going to sit on your couch and hold a mouse and keyboard with anything that resembles comfort?
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf8c1fbe8a0f
deactivated-5bf8c1fbe8a0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 deactivated-5bf8c1fbe8a0f
Member since 2004 • 1036 Posts
I have the same exact problem, but I have a 360 rather than a ps3. I'm really the only pc gamer out of all my friends so it would be nice to go into their world and mess them up with a kb/m setup. What's so funny is that so many people are still trying to defend that a gamepad is just as accurate. I know Microsoft is going to make it where pc and 360 gamers are going to be playing each other in many of their upcoming games. The way they plan on "adjusting" for the difference is by making the console have even more auto aim. How rediculous
geirrosset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 geirrosset
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Using a mouse/keyboard in comfort is no problem at all. I don't sit in my couch like a sack of potatoes and I have a table in front of the couch. I prefer leaning in a little. Keeps my attention focused on what's going on on the screen. A game demands your attention, where as a movie doesn't. And the controller works fine for a lot of other game types. Just no games that demand hand eye coordination. A mouse lets you "instantly" move the aiming cursor to where your eye is looking because a certain point on your mousepad will be "mapped" to a certain point on your screeen. With a thumbstick you're pushing the cursor in the direction you want it to go, and auto-aiming just goes one step further in proving it is an inferior solution.

I played all the Call of Duty games released for the PC and really liked them. Call of Duty 3 on the PS3 I sold after 1 week having finished maybe 3 "maps" because gameplay was crap compared to the PC version. So now I'm just waiting for the next installment to come out for the PC.

Yes I heard about Unreal supporting it. That'll be interesting.