surround sound HELP IMPORTANT

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coughs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Coughs
Member since 2007 • 813 Posts
How could I connect a surround sound system to my tv, ps3, xbox 360, wii and sky +? or maybe even my pc aswell
flow797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 flow797
Member since 2003 • 175 Posts

uhhhh read the manual, you need some cables different ones for each system...so read the manuals of each one and decide which type of cable you want to use

pc might not be as obvious in the manual...so that one you would need and 1/8" stereo to RCA

Sherpico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sherpico
Member since 2006 • 6805 Posts
Get a nice receiver that has a multitude of inputs.....Something like 3 or 4 hdmi/component etc.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

uhhhh read the manual, you need some cables different ones for each system...so read the manuals of each one and decide which type of cable you want to use

pc might not be as obvious in the manual...so that one you would need and 1/8" stereo to RCA

flow797

The only thing with the RCA connection is it will only support stereo and not surround sound. The only connections that will support surround is optical and the best option would be a good HDMI input that allows for video to pass through. Although digital coaxal is suppose to work but it just doesn't do as good of a job as the optical or HDMI.

Coughs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Coughs
Member since 2007 • 813 Posts
Someone told me I connect the sound system to the audio output on my tv and then I connect my ps3, wii, xbox 360 and sky+ to my tv, Then my TV will send the sound from whatever one I'm using to the sound system? Is this true Yes Or No?
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Someone told me I connect the sound system to the audio output on my tv and then I connect my ps3, wii, xbox 360 and sky+ to my tv, Then my TV will send the sound from whatever one I'm using to the sound system? Is this true Yes Or No?Coughs

I have a upper end tv and this didn't work. I ran everything to my tv and used the optical out and didn't get sound. You could give it a try though.

Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts
You can not use Optical out on your TV for anything other then Cable for surround sound.