Super Street Fighter 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SteeleGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 SteeleGT
Member since 2003 • 138 Posts

Haven't bought it yet but those of you who did buy it what do you think and is it worth the buy?

DragoonSaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DragoonSaber
Member since 2009 • 536 Posts

i preorder it but its not release in Europe yet

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

I brought it sick game its worth it.I mean my boy Cody is in the game:D

VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

Just got it & it's perfect for $40

:( I can't handle the added fighters at all -I'll probably stick with Fei Long & Sagat.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Just got it & it's perfect for $40

:( I can't handle the added fighters at all -I'll probably stick with Fei Long & Sagat.

VD_Demon-101

Guile,Cody..For Me.Use a old and mix in a new.

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Makoto is in the game, and Ryus Metsu Shroyuken is an ultra combo, so based on those two facts yes it is worth it.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
Juri makes it worth the purchase alone. shes an awesome new character.
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

From a person who only played the game street fighter 2 on super nintendo...to me this super street fighter 4 seems pretty hard to master, I find myself most of the time not even knowing what I am doing I just button smash and work my way up from there... Fighting people online is pretty cool but you will see alot of ryus and special K.O move spams but I guess thats apart of the game..if you wanna master the game you will love it.. if you just wanna jump in and play you will have a tough time like myself.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

Very good so far. Makoto and Guy are amazing characters, and so is Juri. I plan on using these 3 while still holding some ground on Chun-li.

ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

I love the bonus stages are back and you are able to see peoples replays of their online games.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Coming from a person who never bought the first one and is taking advantage of the first game + more stuff for 45 bucks, hells yes.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
The best fighter this gen only got better. definitely pick it up if you're a street fighter fan.
ElGreco88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 ElGreco88
Member since 2009 • 766 Posts

How's the online in general? I'm definitely gonna buy it when it comes out in Europe, but did they make it easier to find people online? And how about lag?

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Santesyu

How's the online in general? I'm definitely gonna buy it when it comes out in Europe, but did they make it easier to find people online? And how about lag?

ElGreco88
no lag, and its alot easier.. 50 percent of this game was made for arcade single play the other 50 percent pure online...100 percent awesome game well if you see it that way.
ElGreco88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 ElGreco88
Member since 2009 • 766 Posts

[QUOTE="ElGreco88"]

Santesyu

no lag, and its alot easier.. 50 percent of this game was made for arcade single play the other 50 percent pure online...100 percent awesome game well if you see it that way.

Nice. I don't know if the reason I couldn't find lots of games on SFIV was that I bought the game kinda late, but now I'm not doing the same mistake twice. I'm gonna get it when it releases and it's cool to hear that the online is good.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I won't be able to get it for another couple months at least, but it certainly looks like it will be worth the 40 bucks. Hopefully in a few months' time it'll be even cheaper for me.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Santesyu

I won't be able to get it for another couple months at least, but it certainly looks like it will be worth the 40 bucks. Hopefully in a few months' time it'll be even cheaper for me.

yokofox33

you shouldn't really wait on that man.. The game is poppin right now there wont be any better time man get it while its live while its fresh not stale man.. I believe if you bought this now you would appreciate this a whole lot more rather then you would 6 months from now. Its your choice though.

Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#18 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts

Well, how about balance? I still have a copy of Street Fighter IV and playing online against Sagat is a pain, and since he's so tough a lot of people play as Sagat. And some of the ultra combos were veery hard to make, like Guile, I don't have and arcade joystick and because of that I can't do this move unless in a practice, how is it?

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 yokofox33

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Santesyu

you shouldn't really wait on that man.. The game is poppin right now there wont be any better time man get it while its live while its fresh not stale man.. I believe if you bought this now you would appreciate this a whole lot more rather then you would 6 months from now. Its your choice though.

I'd get it right now if I could, but it's impossible. I live overseas, so getting my hands on an English copy just isn't pheasible. I have to wait 2-3 months until I go home to get it.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Santesyu

Well, how about balance? I still have a copy of Street Fighter IV and playing online against Sagat is a pain, and since he's so tough a lot of people play as Sagat. And some of the ultra combos were veery hard to make, like Guile, I don't have and arcade joystick and because of that I can't do this move unless in a practice, how is it?

Carnikoid85
sagat has been tamed...he aint that tough like in the original but he aint no push over either and he shouldn't be( he is sagat after all).. if you work on it you will have a better time beating him in the new version then old one..but that doesn't mean he is completely easy.
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Santesyu

[QUOTE="Santesyu"]

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

I'd get it right now if I could, but it's impossible. I live overseas, so getting my hands on an English copy just isn't pheasible. I have to wait 2-3 months until I go home to get it.

amazon international shippin :)
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yokofox33

amazon international shippin :) Santesyu

Yeah, no. It's like 20 bucks for a single game. No lie.

I could do play-asia, but I'd still be over-paying by quite a bit.

Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#23 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts

[QUOTE="Carnikoid85"]

Santesyu

sagat has been tamed...he aint that tough like in the original but he aint no push over either and he shouldn't be( he is sagat after all).. if you work on it you will have a better time beating him in the new version then old one..but that doesn't mean he is completely easy.

In a review it sais that there are a lot more things were you can practice some moves and strategies, is it really helps?

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Santesyu

[QUOTE="Santesyu"] amazon international shippin :) yokofox33

it doesn't cost that much to ship over seas...my uncle lives in japan and I send him packages all the time..less then 10 bucks..don't know why places charges 20 or 40 or beyond...RIP OFF.. better go on ebay then.
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Santesyu

[QUOTE="Santesyu"][QUOTE="Carnikoid85"] [QUOTE="Carnikoid85"]

[QUOTE="Santesyu"][QUOTE="Carnikoid85"]

Carnikoid85

In a review it sais that there are a lot more things were you can practice some moves and strategies, is it really helps?

if its in the review believe it! ^_^

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yokofox33

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="Santesyu"] amazon international shippin :) Santesyu

it doesn't cost that much to ship over seas...my uncle lives in japan and I send him packages all the time..less then 10 bucks..don't know why places charges 20 or 40 or beyond...RIP OFF.. better go on ebay then.

I'm in Japan as well. I could always get the Japanese version, but I want it to be in full English. I have the J-version of the original SF4 and only the voices are in English.

I'm probably just going to wait. I'm honestly not a big online player anyway.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Santesyu

[QUOTE="Santesyu"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

I'm in Japan as well. I could always get the Japanese version, but I want it to be in full English. I have the J-version of the original SF4 and only the voices are in English.

I'm probably just going to wait. I'm honestly not a big online player anyway.

I thought ps3 games was regioned free where you can import a game anywhere and set it to a specfic language.. hmm just got a ps3 like this month or last month so iam not too sure of what it can do or not do.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 yokofox33

I thought ps3 games was regioned free where you can import a game anywhere and set it to a specfic language.. hmm just got a ps3 like this month or last month so iam not too sure of what it can do or not do.Santesyu

Well games are region free, but if English isn't programmed into the game then obviously there will be no English support no matter what language you choose.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Alright, some impressions of mine. I've never played SFIV before, so this is my first time tackling its mechanics: It's a really fun fighter. The character roster is huge, and although too many characters play similarly for my tastes, it works. I had a few online matches, and while there was some slowdown here and there, inputs are precise and smooth. I love how simple the controls are compared to other fighters, while at the same time being deep enough thanks to EX moves and whatnot. The pick-your-ultra system is great, but somehow not as awesome and balanced as SFIII's. Very good game; I can see myself playing this a lot from now on. I might even play it as much as BlazB- nah... but close!
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
im glad i was able to sell m y SF4 for 25 bucks and had about 5 bucks credit from 3 months ago. so i only paid 10bucks it was worth it, with all the characters
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

ibuki's in it. nuff said.. ryu seems like the new sagat. and.... um... thats all for now

Avatar image for vengefulwilberg
vengefulwilberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#32 vengefulwilberg
Member since 2010 • 1642 Posts

Super Street Fighter 4 is a worthy edition to your collection. This game feels way more complete. I played the game all day yesterday. Usually I don't play games that long. The matches I had were really awesome. The characters is well done. The ultras are really cool. And there are a variety of set ups you can come up with. Every character has a new story including the characters from the first game. The online mode has plenty of options andin June wewill be able to download the tournament mode for free. I love it. This seems to be Capcom's year.

Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts

Haven't bought it yet but those of you who did buy it what do you think and is it worth the buy?

SteeleGT
Not really, I mean I can buy Street Fighter (2009 version) for $23 while Super Street Fighter (2010 version) costs $39. 10 new characters and new finishing-up moves aren't worth $16 for me :P P.S. I live in Hong Kong so the prices there may differ from yours (depending on where you live)