Suggestions/Recommendations for a Headset With or Without a Mic?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JNKtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 JNKtastic
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts
I have the 3000 and I've been looking for a solid headset (preferably with a Mic) to match with it. So far, I've not had any luck. Do any of you have any recommendations? Either on what I might look into or what I should absolutely stay away from? I've run into a lot of 2000-series of headsets from various manufacturers that claim that they are compatible with the 3000 but when I've tried them, they haven't worked. Thanks in advance!
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

The psp go has a headset that you can use with the psp 3000

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
A headset by definition has a mic... otherwise you would called them headphones... if headphones are okay, I have been happy with my Sennheiser PX 100. But if you're going to be outdoors in noisy areas a lot you might want some earbuds (personally don't like them--they're always falling out of my ears and jamming them in there for long periods of time just feels unhealthy to me.)
JNKtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 JNKtastic
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts
@ damann22: Thanks, I will go look into that. :) @ jedinat: ... Yeah, so a headset is the combination of both. My bad! But yeah. In terms of headphones/earphones only, I have a decent over-the-ears headphones set that I use for just listening which I also use for my MD player. The headsets and earphones/earbuds sets that I've seen for the PSPs usually include a remote and, more importantly, the microphone that makes the headset a headset rather than plain 'phones. I don't use Skype on my PSP, but I use it fairly regularly on my PC, and it would be nice to use on my PSP, too, but... no headset. In terms of headphones versus earphones/earbuds, I definitely prefer the headphones myself because I dislike keeping something in my ear for too long, too. Thanks for the Sennheiser rec - I always like looking into good headphones. :)
takspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5 takspeed
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts
I have always trusted and use my sony headphones; i currently have the Sony Dynamic stereo MDR-V150 model. They produce great sound quality, is light and you can find them pretty cheap.