Street Fighter 4 AND Dead Space OR get inFAMOUS instead?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

On a scale of 1-10, my interest in SF4 and Dead Space is about a 7.

Haven't played the new one yet, but I grew up on the game so I figure the learning curve won't kill me. My best friend is a Street Fighter fantatic too...but he plays on 360...I would never spend $60+ on the game, but it's on sale now for $37 at Target...I'm tempted...

Dead Space is another game that people seem to really like. I played the demo and it looks like Resident Evil 5, except with good controls, in my opinion. At $29.99 new, I'm awfully tempted to buy this game.

inFAMOUS looks like a great sandbox game. Played the demo and I really liked it. Didn't love it to the point where I MUST have it now, but liked it enough to know that I'll eventually buy the game.

One sucky thing about PS3 exclusive games, especially the Sony made ones, is that they NEVER go on SALE...$53.99 on Amazon.com right now...

Basically, those who have played Dead Space and/or Street Fighter 4, I'd like to hear your opinions on the game(s). My one worry with Street Fighter is the need for either a Fight Pad or an Arcade Stick to play the game without crappy controls...I've read pros and cons, but thought I'd pose the question to PS3 forum members to maybe get a better idea. Gaming is expensive and I'm trying to enjoy myself and stay on a reasonable budget. I prefer to buy new to support the developers. I'm torn...any useful feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Summary:

Street Fighter 4- Grew up on the game. Like the series, but don't obsess over it. Haven't played SF since SF2 Turbo on Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo. Best friends LOVE the series. Prefer Tekken if given option, but at $37...there's no denying that's a good deal for a very highly reviewed game. The price isn't going lower than that for a long while...

Dead Space- Looks really good, well reviewed by gamers and media...Want it in my collection, but don't need it. If I wanted it THAT badly, I would've bought it by now.

inFAMOUS- The latest, greatest PS3 exclusive. Takes everything cool about Star Wars Force Unleashed and GTA with a good story and good controls...Want it very much, but I want the most value for my $65.

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts
im getting infamous... i disliked deadspace and felt it was overrated... its just we lacked good horror games at the time so it had no competition. SF4 looks great, but I get bored of fighting games very quickly.
aflakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 aflakian
Member since 2008 • 1557 Posts

Street Fighter IV: I can't deny it's quality, though I would recommend it only if you're willing to dedicate yourself to it (a casual approach to this game won't yield much enjoyment IMO).
Dead Space: Very tense, very atmospheric experience (and visually underrated to boot); probably one of my favorite games this gen.
Infamous: I have it pre-ordered; I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

In my opinion, Dead Space is amazing because it is so scary, and Street Fighter 4 looks awful because of hideous graphics.

Infamous looks very good but I'm not getting it on Day 1.

Leon_Kennedy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Leon_Kennedy1
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
i'm not intrested in fighting games, but i can tell u that dead space is amazing and so is infamous so its ur choise
lukas1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lukas1051
Member since 2008 • 687 Posts

Technically, SF4 is a brilliant game, but you hav to be a real comitted harcore player to enjoy it. Most people I've talked to (including myself) just thought it was a bit too hard and complicated to be fun. Dead Space is pretty good, but quite old now. If you really want Dead Space, I'd probably look around for a better deal. If I were you I'd go for inFAMOUS because it's new, great fun and it's also had great reviews.

R0rschach-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R0rschach-
Member since 2009 • 1482 Posts

In my opinion, Dead Space is amazing because it is so scary, and Street Fighter 4 looks awful because of hideous graphics.

M0wen10

Where's the "Jk"?

philsphan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 philsphan123
Member since 2006 • 687 Posts

I've never played Street Fighter 4, but I have played the old school ones and they were awesome. I HAVE played Dead Space......one word.......amazing. It seriously has to be one of the best games out there. The combat is nice and smooth. The puzzles that are there are great. The graphics are(someone mentioned it before) totally underrated. It is also very scary and has the great atmosphere of a survival-horror game. I have not played Street Fighter 4, and I thought the demo for InFAMOUS was alright, but it got boring fast. But overall Dead Space is definitely worth your time(and money:P).

HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

im getting infamous... i disliked deadspace and felt it was overrated... its just we lacked good horror games at the time so it had no competition. SF4 looks great, but I get bored of fighting games very quickly.thetruespin
LoL,Dead Spaceis overrated?..you wait and see. I'll track you and if i see any complaint on infamous, i am gonna spam ur inbox with lolz. Deal?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
im getting infamous... i disliked deadspace and felt it was overrated... its just we lacked good horror games at the time so it had no competition. SF4 looks great, but I get bored of fighting games very quickly.thetruespin
at the time? it STILL has no competition.... RE5 is not HORROR! Well i LOVE Streetfighter and think deadspace is alright..but infamous is awesome..cant u just get infamous and sf4?
Avatar image for deactivated-59506133570df
deactivated-59506133570df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 deactivated-59506133570df
Member since 2007 • 10348 Posts

I would get SF4 and Dead Space, you've got to save your money these days.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
Dead space is a must have, street fighter is just anohter fighting game ( is good but not better than the other 2 games you want) cant you get infamous and dead space?
Angelus253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Angelus253
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Go for dead space it's in top 3 of best ps3 games ever as for infamous i played the demo it's good but i thought it would be better you are better off waiting for Prototype it's gonna be better than infamous. ps. i have not got street fighter yet so i don't know what it's like
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
I got Deadspace and pre-ordered inFAMOUS but no want for Street Fighter at all, really. Deadspace is good but I can never seem to get into it... it is kinda scary though. inFAMOUS is day 1 purchase for me, it just looks awesome. Playing demo for the billionth time now.
SimoSays2541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SimoSays2541
Member since 2006 • 679 Posts

I own Street Fighter 4 on PS3 and had Dead Space for my 360 (sold the entire console, will buy it again for ps3 when the price is right). Anyways, both of them are FANTASTIC games. Definetly pick them up for the price of one game. Infamous on the other hand, was a bit meh. Solid gameplay, but felt a bit repetitive, and there were some things about it that felt really off. Anyways, with the first option you are getting 1 awesome single player experience, and 1 awesome multiplayer experience. With option 2 only one single player expierence. (can't say if it's awesome yet.) So also consider that in the whole replay value department.

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

On a scale of 1-10, my interest in SF4 and Dead Space is about a 7.

Haven't played the new one yet, but I grew up on the game so I figure the learning curve won't kill me. My best friend is a Street Fighter fantatic too...but he plays on 360...I would never spend $60+ on the game, but it's on sale now for $37 at Target...I'm tempted...

Dead Space is another game that people seem to really like. I played the demo and it looks like Resident Evil 5, except with good controls, in my opinion. At $29.99 new, I'm awfully tempted to buy this game.

inFAMOUS looks like a great sandbox game. Played the demo and I really liked it. Didn't love it to the point where I MUST have it now, but liked it enough to know that I'll eventually buy the game.

One sucky thing about PS3 exclusive games, especially the Sony made ones, is that they NEVER go on SALE...$53.99 on Amazon.com right now...

Basically, those who have played Dead Space and/or Street Fighter 4, I'd like to hear your opinions on the game(s). My one worry with Street Fighter is the need for either a Fight Pad or an Arcade Stick to play the game without crappy controls...I've read pros and cons, but thought I'd pose the question to PS3 forum members to maybe get a better idea. Gaming is expensive and I'm trying to enjoy myself and stay on a reasonable budget. I prefer to buy new to support the developers. I'm torn...any useful feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Summary:

Street Fighter 4- Grew up on the game. Like the series, but don't obsess over it. Haven't played SF since SF2 Turbo on Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo. Best friends LOVE the series. Prefer Tekken if given option, but at $37...there's no denying that's a good deal for a very highly reviewed game. The price isn't going lower than that for a long while...

Dead Space- Looks really good, well reviewed by gamers and media...Want it in my collection, but don't need it. If I wanted it THAT badly, I would've bought it by now.

inFAMOUS- The latest, greatest PS3 exclusive. Takes everything cool about Star Wars Force Unleashed and GTA with a good story and good controls...Want it very much, but I want the most value for my $65.

knicknut17

it sounds as though you want inFAMOUS, but the hype of these other two games along with a descent price to boot is starting to sway your decision. i really enjoyed Deadspace, and SF4 is top notch. SF4 will take a lot of your time. i'm casual with SF4, and i feel that i'm robbing myself of a great fighter. ppl on SF4 are crazy good, and although i don't suck at it i'm getting my butt spanked every time i play online. if you get frustrated by others having crazy skills while your just average then don't waste your money. Deadspace is very atmospheric with plenty of replayability. it's a game that any horror fan should have, i would have to say that you should consider Deadspace regardless if you decide to purchase inFAMOUS or not. now about inFAMOUS...i found the demo to be very boring, but you say that you enjoyed it so i think that your tip towing around the fact that this would be your first choice. to get the most out of your money i think that falls on how much you enjoy yourself while playing a game. so you may get the most out of your money by purchasing one game (inFAMOUS) instead of two games that you may not really care for after playing them. Deadspace may have a playable demo on PSN. maybe you should check it out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dc1155346926
deactivated-5dc1155346926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 deactivated-5dc1155346926
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

SF IV is freaking great. Dead Space? I was done with it after I finished the game. Even with the several DLC things on PSN I never felt the urge to go through the story again... I kinda just put it on the shelf to save it for a trade in... which is going to be inFAMOUS. Demo was freaking awesome and I'm picking it up tomorrow and leaving Dead Space at the store.

Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Eagles931
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts

SF IV = for hardcore fans

Dead Space = Meh....wasn't impressed with it at all i

nFAMOUS = Didnt expect much from the demo, but I was blown away from it. I won't get it day one but it will be part of my collection soon enough.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
I own both dead space and street fighter 4... dead space is a great game and a wild ride from beginning to end.. SF4 is probably my most played game. I think I had the most fun with it since I bought it in its first week of release...heck I still play it to this day...but then I've always been a street fighter kinda person sooo..... >.> anywho...in the end of the day its all up to you... If I were in your shoes though, I'd choose the two good games over the one.
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts

get SFIV and Dead Space man. What kind of a question is that? 2 awesome games, different genres vs 1 overrated game. Yes inFAMOUS is overrated with its boring repetitive gameplay.

knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

Good job guys...no consensus...haha.

Anyways, looks like Dead Space and inFAMOUS are leading.

Street Fighter 4 seems very hit and miss.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Street Fighter 4, you can play online and even better have friends and love ones over to play against, more fun.

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

I would get the former now and inFAMOUS later becuase prices will drop.

Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#24 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
Street Fighter, I HATE fighting games. Dead Space, not a horror fan but I'd lay of the shooters. InFamous, my next game. Honestly, it's up to you.
Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts

street fighters ok but dead space is a must have in my book just all around super polished super well done game. its more of an experience then anything else, you really get into it its very immersive which i personally luv. infamous is a good game from what i played in the demo but its not really immersive and it really, again in my opinion, only does one thing very well (climbing). i would go with street fighter 4 and dead space and wait on a price drop on infamous, and get more gaming for your buck and variety too(since its two very different games).

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts

get SFIV and Dead Space man. What kind of a question is that? 2 awesome games, different genres vs 1 overrated game. Yes inFAMOUS is overrated with its boring repetitive gameplay.

THQ88
And MGS4 isn't overrated and repetitive? No one should take you seriously.
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
[QUOTE="THQ88"]

JudgementEden

InFamous and MGS4 are overrated and repetitive? Don't we all love opinions?
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

R0rschach-

Where's the "Jk"?

seriously

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts

[QUOTE="JudgementEden"][QUOTE="THQ88"]

Rhen_Var

InFamous and MGS4 are overrated and repetitive? Don't we all love opinions?

I'm just giving him a taste of his own medicine. I know how much he worships Kojima. I really do think MGS4 is totally nothing special though, and its way more repetitive than inFAMOUS.