Storyline on Crisis Core and FFVII

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 0

#1 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

Hey everybody. I'm looking into getting Crisis Core in a little while, but I haven't played the main VII game yet. Would it completely ruin the purpose of CC for me to play it before VII? I'm probably going to download VII from PSN eventually anyway, but it's easier to just buy Crisis Core at the time. Thanks for replying!

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Playing Crisis Core first means you spoil a major plot twist in FFVII for yourself. Play FFVII first and it makes Crisis Core's ending completely predictable. Your call really, I personally don't think it matters too much.
Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Luigi12901

Playing Crisis Core first means you spoil a major plot twist in FFVII for yourself. Play FFVII first and it makes Crisis Core's ending completely predictable. Your call really, I personally don't think it matters too much. Silent-Hal

Like Star Wars... :P

Alright, thanks for your input!

lucium689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 lucium689
Member since 2008 • 346 Posts

[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]Playing Crisis Core first means you spoil a major plot twist in FFVII for yourself. Play FFVII first and it makes Crisis Core's ending completely predictable. Your call really, I personally don't think it matters too much. Luigi12901

Like Star Wars... :P

Alright, thanks for your input!

thats actually a really really good comparison XD
viva_hate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 viva_hate
Member since 2009 • 2414 Posts

Honestly, I would play FF7 first, and if you like it, then buy Crisis Core. I say that because Crisis Core is a really shallow and disappointing game wrapped in pretty graphics and flashy battles, and if you're not a huge FF7 fanatic, you're going to get tired of it extremely quickly. It's a game made for FF7 fanboys who wet their pants in excitement every time they hear Sephiroth's theme.

So yeah, if you try FF7 and really get into it, I suppose you'll like Crisis Core. So play that first.

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts

Honestly, I would play FF7 first, and if you like it, then buy Crisis Core. I say that because Crisis Core is a really shallow and disappointing game wrapped in pretty graphics and flashy battles, and if you're not a huge FF7 fanatic, you're going to get tired of it extremely quickly. It's a game made for FF7 fanboys who wet their pants in excitement every time they hear Sephiroth's theme.

So yeah, if you try FF7 and really get into it, I suppose you'll like Crisis Core. So play that first.

viva_hate

Wrong. I played Crisis Core first and it dragged me into playing FFVII. Apart from that, Crisis Core is a PREQUEL to FFVII. Play Crisis Core first. It's the best game on PSP, btw.

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Luigi12901

[QUOTE="viva_hate"]

pooyanh

Wrong. I played Crisis Core first and it dragged me into playing FFVII. Apart from that, Crisis Core is a PREQUEL to FFVII. Play Crisis Core first. It's the best game on PSP, btw.

The game certainly is polarizing, it seems. I'm still not decided either way...

jimmy2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jimmy2016
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts

out of the 10+ psp games i own, crisis core is thee ONLY one i've finished. i have a bad attention span when it comes to games but crisis core overcame that. therefore it's easily the best psp game i've ever played.

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Luigi12901

Thanks for everybody's advice! I think I'm going to go with Crisis Core first, with every intention of getting VII after I get through it.

jpridgen0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 jpridgen0
Member since 2005 • 1864 Posts
if you play crisis core first your gonna think differently of cloud when you play 7. thats really all i could tell you without spoiling the plot for you. id play 7 first but thats just my opinion.