Splinter Cell Trilogy HD question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

Was the release date pushed back? Now it says it's suppose to release in June on Amazon and here on Gamespot. Wasn't it supposed to be released next month?

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#2 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

It was supposed to come out around the end of next month, but yeah, it seems to have been quietly pushed back to June. Wonder why.

Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts

Maybe they read the discussions about wether it's the PS2 or the (supposedly superior) Xbox/PC versions that were remade and were like "Oh carp... let's do it again. :?"

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
Damn really? They pushed it back? I was looking forward to getting it next month :?
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 c_rakestraw  Moderator

Maybe they read the discussions about wether it's the PS2 or the (supposedly superior) Xbox/PC versions that were remade and were like "Oh carp... let's do it again. :?"

Reptylus

That'd be nice, but I'm doubtful that they'd be able to completely start over in such little time. June's only a few months away, after all. It'd take a miracle to pull that off.

mental_case_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 mental_case_5
Member since 2009 • 609 Posts

No! It came out just in time for my Birthday! Now it's June.:(

Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts

I was joking.

Anyways, I can wait. There are enough games coming out in that time that I won't be even able to bother with remakes of games that I already played some time in the past. Whatever the reason for the delay is, in the end the product can only get better with it, right?

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Personally, I think after all the talk about it going to Xbox360 too they decided to go ahead and port it over. Its probably delayed so the released dates will match up. Just a crazy guess.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 c_rakestraw  Moderator

I was joking.

Reptylus

Ah. My bad.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

[QUOTE="Reptylus"]

c_rake

That'd be nice, but I'm doubtful that they'd be able to completely start over in such little time. June's only a few months away, after all. It'd take a miracle to pull that off.

Even though it was a joke, from what I understand the Xbox/PC versions just have more missions or longer missions. Once you have the engine setup and all that, adding in a few extensions to levels could be done in a few months.
moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 moej88
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

Oh man. They need to re-confirm the date !

I was waiting for it next month !

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"][QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="Reptylus"]

Even though it was a joke, from what I understand the Xbox/PC versions just have more missions or longer missions. Once you have the engine setup and all that, adding in a few extensions to levels could be done in a few months.

I don't see why they would have started with the PS2 version in the first place. PS2 is no more compatible with the PS3 than the Xbox is other than controller interface. Since everything starts out as computer code anyway, I'm assuming they could just hotswap the UI coding with the best version and go forth from there.
Viddo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Viddo
Member since 2011 • 83 Posts

Its been pushed back? Awwww :( i only really care for chaos thoery though, i really enjoyed that.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#14 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

Oh man. They need to re-confirm the date !

I was waiting for it next month !

moej88
Yeah me too. I fully paid for it too on Amazon.