Splinter Cell Double Agent! frame rate issues?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KSD22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KSD22
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

Anyone played this game yet on PS3, does the frame rate really drop below 20s. I'm thinking of buying this game but if the frame rate is poor then I will only rent it.

Thanks. 

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

Anyone played this game yet on PS3, does the frame rate really drop below 20s. I'm thinking of buying this game but if the frame rate is poor then I will only rent it.

Thanks.

KSD22
I own it, I like it alot, the framerate is fine. If your really scared rent it. I do not regret getting it at all.
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
i like the online more then the offline.. its pretty crazy and alot more fast past
Anoch20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Anoch20
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
I used to own the game for 360 and the framerate would contantly drop especially in the Kinshasa mission. I sold it in hope that the PS3 version wouldn't have this issue plus the new missions. I'll have to wait for a review before deciding whether to buy it again for PS3 or not.
peeweeshift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 peeweeshift
Member since 2004 • 3909 Posts
I used to own the game for 360 and the framerate would contantly drop especially in the Kinshasa mission. I sold it in hope that the PS3 version wouldn't have this issue plus the new missions. I'll have to wait for a review before deciding whether to buy it again for PS3 or not.Anoch20
i nvr had frame problems in kinshasa mission. There was some frame issues sometimes when an explosion appeared admist a large firefight with buillets flying. but that didn't turn me away from buying it. If you could handle playing chaos theory on ps2 you won't mind the 360 version and i doubt that ubi did a bad job on the ps3 version
deebo_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deebo_x
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts
I have the game, and there are definitely framerate problems in the first mission when you drop in.  I'm in the prison level and I haven't really seen any framerate drops
jlabadie88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 jlabadie88
Member since 2003 • 1985 Posts

Framerate is a big issue for me too. Other people here are saying they're not having problems. Not to discredit anyone's opinion, but I don't see how they're not having these problems. I'm on the fourth level and it's been happening to me the whole game.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
Mmm as long as online is sweet ill get it, i used to play on chaos theory all the time. Ill probly pick this up for some somthing to do at night during spring break.
KSD22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KSD22
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts
Okay looks like a rental for me. Thanks guys, i don't play online much so the single player experience is important for me. I guess with the saved money I can purchase Okami finally.
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

I had some frame rate issues right in the beginning when you drop from the Osprey. But I cannot tell you about anything any further in since I gave up when that guy blew my head off as soon as I poked it through the ice.

The game does look gorgeous though.....

Oh well, I will try again later.