sorry for the topic.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

McA713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 McA713
Member since 2010 • 123 Posts
I know this isn't a playstation 2 forum, but I couldn't find a forum suitable to post in. I'm buying a playstation 2 and some of the classics I used to play, but I've got a question to ask. The playstation I've been offered is chipped. What did chipping the playstation do and does it cause any problems to the playstation 2?
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
[QUOTE="McA713"]I know this isn't a playstation 2 forum, but I couldn't find a forum suitable to post in. I'm buying a playstation 2 and some of the classics I used to play, but I've got a question to ask. The playstation I've been offered is chipped. What did chipping the playstation do and does it cause any problems to the playstation 2?

It means we cant talk about it here as its illegal. Google the term and see for yourself.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

What you ask is not within the legal realms of gaming, and that's why it's a taboo topic which cannot be elaborated on in this or any GameSpot forum. Sorry.

McA713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 McA713
Member since 2010 • 123 Posts
I'm not a terrible consumer at all, I owned a playstation 2 since they were new, but when I bought my Playstation 3 I threw it away. I have never modded a games console in my life. I am wanting to buy a playstation 2 and have been offered a modded one, and I don't intend to use it illigially, as I buy all my games of amazon. I was merely wondering what the side effects of modding the playstation are. Sorry if I've offended anyone.
Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts
[QUOTE="McA713"]I'm not a terrible consumer at all, I owned a playstation 2 since they were new, but when I bought my Playstation 3 I threw it away. I have never modded a games console in my life. I am wanting to buy a playstation 2 and have been offered a modded one, and I don't intend to use it illigially, as I buy all my games of amazon. I was merely wondering what the side effects of modding the playstation are. Sorry if I've offended anyone.

weirdo
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

You haven't offended anyone, Mc... Bow-T is being more than a little harsh in her assessment of you as a consumer. As the saying goes, there are no stupid questions unless those questions go un-asked. How else can anyone learn?

Take care!

:)

thaoimage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thaoimage
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts
Why not just get a brand new ps2? They're so cheap...